GW 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
MrOrange

Bronze

Re: GW 2012

Post by MrOrange » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:23 pm

simmersiz wrote:
MrOrange wrote:
Help plan this meet-up.
Alright, so people who would be interested / down for an August 15th meet up:

MrOrange
Paichka
simmersiz
FinLaw

Anyone else?
Should try to get ahold of sapereaude2012. That's been the problem w/ this thread, though...I'm not quite sure how many GW TLSers there are...

Paichka

Bronze

Post by Paichka » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:30 pm

Have we decided on a part of DC? G-town vs. Adams Morgan vs. wherever? Or what type of bar we'd like? There are some supremely hilarious clubs on/near 14th street (Platinum, Polyester's, etc)...but that's probably not the scene in which we'd like to partake. ;)

MrOrange

Bronze

Post by MrOrange » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:33 pm

Paichka wrote:Have we decided on a part of DC? G-town vs. Adams Morgan vs. wherever? Or what type of bar we'd like? There are some supremely hilarious clubs on/near 14th street (Platinum, Polyester's, etc)...but that's probably not the scene in which we'd like to partake. ;)
I'm kind of anti-clubs, but I'll go with the crowd. Basically, I'd be most comfortable at a place with pool tables, a good number of people, and at least one television playing that night's Orioles game. A tall order in DC, perhaps.

simmersiz

New

Post by simmersiz » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:35 pm

MrOrange wrote:
Paichka wrote:Have we decided on a part of DC? G-town vs. Adams Morgan vs. wherever? Or what type of bar we'd like? There are some supremely hilarious clubs on/near 14th street (Platinum, Polyester's, etc)...but that's probably not the scene in which we'd like to partake. ;)
I'm kind of anti-clubs, but I'll go with the crowd. Basically, I'd be most comfortable at a place with pool tables, a good number of people, and at least one television playing that night's Orioles game. A tall order in DC, perhaps.
I'd prefer bar to club, but I'm not picky and I'll go with the flow.

As far as area of DC, I really wouldn't know what is what or where is where as I'm totally new to the area. You guys pick.

MrOrange

Bronze

Post by MrOrange » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:40 pm

Before settling down on any one place, can someone check with the facebook group to see if they've got anything planned for that weekend? Being the last one before orientation week, I'd be surprised is the SBA didn't have something going on.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

scionb4

Silver

Post by scionb4 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:42 pm

I'm curious, does anyone know what their LSAT/GPA medians actually are? On their website they only have a chart showing how many people got in versus how many applied with certain GPAs and LSAT scores. Judging from this forum, they seem to admit a wide range of scores (so far I've seen 163 through 169, though I haven't read every post.)

simmersiz

New

Post by simmersiz » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:46 pm

MrOrange wrote:Before settling down on any one place, can someone check with the facebook group to see if they've got anything planned for that weekend? Being the last one before orientation week, I'd be surprised is the SBA didn't have something going on.
There's nothing actually on the FB group, but you might have a point. Well, I'm also fine with shifting the date around if necessary as well.

Paichka

Bronze

Post by Paichka » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:51 pm

MrOrange wrote:
Sounds like Rhino, then. It has pool tables and whatnot upstairs. It's a Red Sox bar, though, so probably no Orioles game. :)

simmersiz

New

Post by simmersiz » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:54 pm

Paichka wrote:
MrOrange wrote:
Sounds like Rhino, then. It has pool tables and whatnot upstairs. It's a Red Sox bar, though, so probably no Orioles game. :)
Sounds good - although I'm a Yanks fan :x
I'm sure I can deal haha

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

MrOrange

Bronze

Post by MrOrange » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:20 pm

simmersiz wrote:
Paichka wrote:
MrOrange wrote:
Sounds good - although I'm a Yanks fan :x
I'm sure I can deal haha
You and me...we might have problems.

simmersiz

New

Post by simmersiz » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:50 pm

MrOrange wrote: You and me...we might have problems.
Haha, hey now - I've got nothing against the O's; I know hate for the Yanks is seemingly mandated by law for every other fan though. The Braves fans down here hate us worse than the Mets it seems.

MrOrange

Bronze

Post by MrOrange » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:51 pm

simmersiz wrote:
MrOrange wrote: You and me...we might have problems.
Haha, hey now - I've got nothing against the O's; I know hate for the Yanks is seemingly mandated by law for every other fan though. The Braves fans down here hate us worse than the Mets it seems.
That doesn't make much sense.....though the Mets are pretty inept. I guess hating on them would be kind of like making fun of a three-legged puppy.

colonial12

New

Post by colonial12 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:31 am

If people are looking to chat, Firefly (on NH ave, between dupont circle and gwu (but closer to dupont)) is fun, great drinks, inventive decor, not too noisy.

If you want something more lively, Tonic (in Foggy Bottom), the Black Squirrel (in A-M), Policy (on 14th near U st), Poste (in Gallery Place), Russia House (in Dupont) are all good bets.

If you want great drinks, there is a speakeasy in U st called Gibson that's quite something. Not the best for huge groups though, it'd be hard to mingle.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

nallku

New

Post by nallku » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:35 am

I will probably be there if nothing goes wrong with the move. I am leaving on the 11th, so count me in. I will need a PM though.

FinLaw

New

Post by FinLaw » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:39 am

It looks like I've missed a lot. I also prefer a chill bar scene to clubs, hopefully I'm in the minority. I read somewhere about a bar in Adams Morgan called Bourbon that seemed pretty cool (Kentucky bias). As long as were not at some bar blaring techno I think I'll be alright. I too am completely new to the area, so my suggestions could suck.

edit: I'm with simmer on the Yankee train

Paichka

Bronze

Post by Paichka » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:13 am

I bow to colonial's superior wisdom. It's been a couple of years since I partied downtown...my suggestions may have sucked. :)

simmersiz

New

Post by simmersiz » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:27 pm

colonial12 wrote:If people are looking to chat, Firefly (on NH ave, between dupont circle and gwu (but closer to dupont)) is fun, great drinks, inventive decor, not too noisy.

If you want something more lively, Tonic (in Foggy Bottom), the Black Squirrel (in A-M), Policy (on 14th near U st), Poste (in Gallery Place), Russia House (in Dupont) are all good bets.

If you want great drinks, there is a speakeasy in U st called Gibson that's quite something. Not the best for huge groups though, it'd be hard to mingle.
Are you planning on attending? If so, I'd be fine with you just picking a place.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

MrOrange

Bronze

Post by MrOrange » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:15 pm

simmersiz wrote:
colonial12 wrote:If people are looking to chat, Firefly (on NH ave, between dupont circle and gwu (but closer to dupont)) is fun, great drinks, inventive decor, not too noisy.

Are you planning on attending? If so, I'd be fine with you just picking a place.
Seconded. I'm a follower.

CaptainCubicle

New

Post by CaptainCubicle » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:46 pm

I'll be moving in on the 11th, but my parents will be around that weekend, so I'm not totally sure about my schedule. Feel free to shoot me a PM I guess.

MrOrange

Bronze

Post by MrOrange » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:50 pm

CaptainCubicle wrote:I'll be moving in on the 11th, but my parents will be around that weekend, so I'm not totally sure about my schedule. Feel free to shoot me a PM I guess.
I move into the city on July 31st. Once I get my internet set up/get settled in, I'll try to step up and contact everyone about meeting up.

Can everyone post ~when he/she is going to be in the city? Those of us who'll be there earlier in the month can almost certainly get together prior to the weekend before orientation, and we can organize a larger gathering when more people arrive in DC.

Paichka

Bronze

Post by Paichka » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:15 pm

I'll be moving in the 1st of August.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

sapereaude2012

New

Post by sapereaude2012 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:26 pm

I have a cousin getting married August 15th, so no fun for me. Damn. Still trying to figure out when my move will be.

simmersiz

New

Post by simmersiz » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:16 pm

I'll be available in town from the 9th on

FinLaw

New

Post by FinLaw » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:16 pm

I'll be ready to party on the 15th. If you guys want to wait until then, I'm a really good time (kidding). I'm all for a TLS meet and greet though. Where is everyone else living? I get the feeling everyone is in the Aston...

MrOrange

Bronze

Post by MrOrange » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:18 pm

FinLaw wrote:I'll be ready to party on the 15th. If you guys want to wait until then, I'm a really good time (kidding). I'm all for a TLS meet and greet though. Where is everyone else living? I get the feeling everyone is in the Aston...
I'm in the York. It's a couple blocks south of campus. Seems like a lot of people on the GW message board and facebook are staying at the Aston. I don't understand why, though...the cost amounts to robbery.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”