Chicago Class of 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
lucydog

New

Re: Chicago Class of 2012

Post by lucydog » Mon May 25, 2009 1:05 am

I submitted from the link that was sent via my scholarship email and requires a $500 deposit. Do I also need to submit the form that is on the admitted students site?

southernlady

New

Post by southernlady » Mon May 25, 2009 10:30 am

Regarding waitlists, here is a quote directly from an email I got from Sarah Arimoto-Mercer:

"As for Option 1 or 2, you could still be on waitlists for Option 1, but would need to withdraw all other active applications from other schools. It looks like you chose Option 2 - and for that we will follow up with you in a couple weeks to see if your plans have firmed up."

Hope that helps everyone!

curiouser

New

Post by curiouser » Mon May 25, 2009 1:51 pm

southernlady wrote:Regarding waitlists, here is a quote directly from an email I got from Sarah Arimoto-Mercer:

"As for Option 1 or 2, you could still be on waitlists for Option 1, but would need to withdraw all other active applications from other schools. It looks like you chose Option 2 - and for that we will follow up with you in a couple weeks to see if your plans have firmed up."

That makes no sense whatsoever. Just saying.

southernlady

New

Post by southernlady » Mon May 25, 2009 2:05 pm

curiouser wrote:
southernlady wrote:Regarding waitlists, here is a quote directly from an email I got from Sarah Arimoto-Mercer:

I just thought it might make people feel less worried about staying on waitlists regardless of which option they chose. I do not think Chicago ever makes you withdraw from them.

reminiscent

New

Post by reminiscent » Mon May 25, 2009 2:57 pm

where is the 'response deadline' stated on the admissions or scholarship letter? i have to send in my $500 deposit to secure my scholarship, but i am not sure when that deadline is. when i asked the financial aid lady, she told me that it was the same as my offer of admission deadline (which i can't find anywhere). does anyone know where it is stated?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

imchuckbass58

Silver

Post by imchuckbass58 » Mon May 25, 2009 3:00 pm

reminiscent wrote:where is the 'response deadline' stated on the admissions or scholarship letter? i have to send in my $500 deposit to secure my scholarship, but i am not sure when that deadline is. when i asked the financial aid lady, she told me that it was the same as my offer of admission deadline (which i can't find anywhere). does anyone know where it is stated?
It should be in an email they sent you, but in general I think it's the Monday after they tell you you got in.

lucydog

New

Post by lucydog » Mon May 25, 2009 5:05 pm

I was accepted on the 18th and my deadline is the 26th

Merriweather

Bronze

Post by Merriweather » Mon May 25, 2009 6:26 pm

reminder: don't stay in regents

curiouser

New

Post by curiouser » Tue May 26, 2009 12:14 am

reminiscent wrote:where is the 'response deadline' stated on the admissions or scholarship letter? i have to send in my $500 deposit to secure my scholarship, but i am not sure when that deadline is. when i asked the financial aid lady, she told me that it was the same as my offer of admission deadline (which i can't find anywhere). does anyone know where it is stated?
mine was on the PDF that I got giving me my scholarship award. mine was also on the cover letter which enclosed the facebook and the "uniquely u of c" book.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

curiouser

New

Post by curiouser » Tue May 26, 2009 12:15 am

southernlady wrote:
curiouser wrote:

I just thought it might make people feel less worried about staying on waitlists regardless of which option they chose. I do not think Chicago ever makes you withdraw from them.
just wanted to say, southernlady, didn't think this was your fault. you can read the statement from the office two ways: 1) you can stay on option 1 and be on waitlists, and it's fine, or 2) you can be on waitlists and then stay on option 1, as long as you withdraw them (which isn't much consolation at all).

kurla88

Bronze

Post by kurla88 » Tue May 26, 2009 12:31 am

curiouser wrote:
southernlady wrote:
curiouser wrote:

just wanted to say, southernlady, didn't think this was your fault. you can read the statement from the office two ways: 1) you can stay on option 1 and be on waitlists, and it's fine, or 2) you can be on waitlists and then stay on option 1, as long as you withdraw them (which isn't much consolation at all).
I don't see how you're getting that. Note the bolded.

curiouser

New

Post by curiouser » Wed May 27, 2009 12:42 am

kurla88 wrote: I don't see how you're getting that. Note the bolded.
hmm, good point. I'm converted to this position and feel consoled.

officially joining this thread, btw. sent in my deposit today. hurrah!

anyone not want to live in regents? as a former undergrad I'm here to say there are larger and cheaper apts to be had (though maybe with less of a view).

h2ho

New

Post by h2ho » Wed May 27, 2009 2:49 pm

Ugh. I'm so happy to have been accepted, but now I have to confirm in just one week, I have no idea where to live, and my husband hasn't even really seen it yet. I would have appreciated just a LITTTLLLEE more time.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

pehaigllleises

Bronze

Post by pehaigllleises » Wed May 27, 2009 5:11 pm

Just got my room assignment at Regents. I'm going to rock the walk in closet and good view. I can't wait to move. My current apartment is a small craphole (my ceiling leaks, the stairs are trash laden, and my fridge is currently plugged into my bedroom via 3 extension cords because half our outlets blew and management doesn't care to fix them asap). And I finally get to live with my lovely fiance. Can. not. wait. for. August.

h2ho

New

Post by h2ho » Thu May 28, 2009 2:04 pm

I just went on the admitted students website, and these were the two options:

1) I fully expect to attend the Law School this coming fall and can foresee no circumstances that would prevent this from occurring.
Any deposits, letters of intent, or outstanding applications at other law schools will be withdrawn immediately. (Please do not check this option unless you are certain you will attend Chicago this September.)

2) I will not attend the Law School this coming fall.
I have decided to attend the following law school:

Did they recently change this or am I looking in the wrong spot regarding the options you guys were discussing earlier?

lucydog

New

Post by lucydog » Thu May 28, 2009 2:08 pm

It has changed I guess. They used to have three options. Option 1 is the same, but Option 2 used to say that your matriculation was contingent upon the following conditions and you were supposed to give date of when you could switch to option 1 and make a firm commitment. Option 3 used to be the withdraw option.

Raz14

New

Post by Raz14 » Thu May 28, 2009 4:28 pm

So has anyone called to check if we could still be on waitlists and change to Option 1?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

pehaigllleises

Bronze

Post by pehaigllleises » Thu May 28, 2009 5:54 pm

Raz14

New

Post by Raz14 » Sat May 30, 2009 6:06 pm

For those of you living in Regents, have you noticed any significant differences between the North and South Tower? I was just curious if more law students live in one for some particular reason than the other.

sealrsqr

New

Post by sealrsqr » Sun May 31, 2009 5:30 am

I think the North Tower has better views and I know (cuz I asked) that law students are placed in the North Tower by default. Only dog owners are banished to the South Tower.

I ended up securing my place last weekend. It's on the other end of town (Drexel). It isn't mine until September (it is under renovation), but that's perfect. Everything will be shiny and new and I don't have to pay any summer rent just to hold my spot. I am a little concerned with street parking, but whatever. Still not sure that having a garage is worth the $150 Regents aks - though I may be singing a different tune in the winter.

Not sure I'll have room for my air hockey table, though.

Hey, is anyone here applying for the Tony Patiño Fellowship?

marburger06

New

Post by marburger06 » Sun May 31, 2009 11:50 am

Raz14 wrote:For those of you living in Regents, have you noticed any significant differences between the North and South Tower? I was just curious if more law students live in one for some particular reason than the other.
Apparently there is a "zone" in North Tower for law students, so I think most are going to live in North. I am living in South only because I am getting a 3 BR. Shouldn't be too big of a deal either way, I don't think.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Merriweather

Bronze

Post by Merriweather » Sun May 31, 2009 5:52 pm

Merriweather wrote:reminder: don't stay in regents

RussianGirl

New

Post by RussianGirl » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:55 am

Merriweather wrote:reminder: don't stay in regents
and why not?

Mr. T6

Bronze

Post by Mr. T6 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:49 am

I'm a rising 2L, procrastinating from my last finals. (Currently skimming an outline for my elective.)

Feel free to ask me any questions if you would like.

etwake

New

Post by etwake » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:02 pm

Where do you live at? If you could choose anywhere to live, where would you choose?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”