Cornell Class of 2012

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
Locked
User avatar
kn6542

Silver
Posts: 789
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:12 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Post by kn6542 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:22 pm

hieveryone wrote:hey everyone i have another question--I notice on the schedule there's a fall recess that last from 10/10 to 10/19...what is that? Is it literally a break for me to just relax and do whatever like go home or will I have to do hw and other law stuff and otherwise stay around the law school lol
That's fall break. You can do anything you want with it, like sleep, outline, etc.

fsohn

Bronze
Posts: 233
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:06 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Post by fsohn » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:05 am

kn6542 wrote:
hieveryone wrote:hey everyone i have another question--I notice on the schedule there's a fall recess that last from 10/10 to 10/19...what is that? Is it literally a break for me to just relax and do whatever like go home or will I have to do hw and other law stuff and otherwise stay around the law school lol
That's fall break. You can do anything you want with it, like sleep, outline, etc.
TITCR. I stayed around, and didn't do much of anything.

User avatar
kn6542

Silver
Posts: 789
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:12 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Post by kn6542 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:22 am

fsohn wrote:
kn6542 wrote:
hieveryone wrote:hey everyone i have another question--I notice on the schedule there's a fall recess that last from 10/10 to 10/19...what is that? Is it literally a break for me to just relax and do whatever like go home or will I have to do hw and other law stuff and otherwise stay around the law school lol
That's fall break. You can do anything you want with it, like sleep, outline, etc.
TITCR. I stayed around, and didn't do much of anything.
It's only 7 weeks away!

User avatar
let/them/eat/cake

Silver
Posts: 595
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:20 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Post by let/them/eat/cake » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:57 am

i bet i'll win the prize for most random question for this one....

i couldn't sleep because of the 7th circle like heat in NYC lately, and suddenly i thought of a hobby from college that has fallen by the way side, and so figured, at the risk of sounding like the hugest dork ever before i even get to school and meet anybody, to see if anyone else plays bughouse.

bughouse, if you don't know, look it up. it's pretty great. ok, that is my random post of the day. good luck and godspeed, i've got to start packing!

fsohn

Bronze
Posts: 233
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:06 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Post by fsohn » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:01 am

let/them/eat/cake wrote:i bet i'll win the prize for most random question for this one....

i couldn't sleep because of the 7th circle like heat in NYC lately, and suddenly i thought of a hobby from college that has fallen by the way side, and so figured, at the risk of sounding like the hugest dork ever before i even get to school and meet anybody, to see if anyone else plays bughouse.

bughouse, if you don't know, look it up. it's pretty great. ok, that is my random post of the day. good luck and godspeed, i've got to start packing!
If you are speaking of the chess variant, this is my answer: I haven't played since highschool, and no longer have a decent set of my own, but I at least know how to play.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!


User avatar
panda

Bronze
Posts: 357
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:11 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Post by panda » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:07 pm

i didn't get contacted by a mentor yet..
:sigh:


but i have internet at home! huzzah!

it was great meeting some of y'all yesterday..
looking forward to the next meetup.

oh, and 2Ls, if you're in town, i would love to get to meet you all as well!!

and badger you all with questions in person.. :oops:

Jenaimarre

New
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:41 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Post by Jenaimarre » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:38 pm

Walking from the U-Haul drop-off location back to the law school = not fun. Not fun at all.

User avatar
matt386

New
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Post by matt386 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:27 pm

Jenaimarre wrote:Walking from the U-Haul drop-off location back to the law school = not fun. Not fun at all.
Where exactly is the U-Haul drop off location?

So happy and excited to be in Ithaca!

Jenaimarre

New
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:41 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Post by Jenaimarre » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:15 pm

Elmira Ave. Past Wegman's. Past Wal-Mart. Past Burger King. Not cute. Not cute at all.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?


User avatar
neskerdoo

Silver
Posts: 545
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:13 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Post by neskerdoo » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:46 pm

Jenaimarre wrote:Elmira Ave. Past Wegman's. Past Wal-Mart. Past Burger King. Not cute. Not cute at all.

too late now I guess, but...

http://tcat.nextinsight.com/routes/261#bigpic

User avatar
kn6542

Silver
Posts: 789
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:12 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Post by kn6542 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:08 pm

neskerdoo wrote:
Jenaimarre wrote:Elmira Ave. Past Wegman's. Past Wal-Mart. Past Burger King. Not cute. Not cute at all.

too late now I guess, but...

http://tcat.nextinsight.com/routes/261#bigpic
I was gonna post that but I didn't want to rub it in. Nice work, nesker.

User avatar
stayingclassy

New
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:14 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Post by stayingclassy » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:48 am

Looks like I won't be joining you guys after all, as I was accepted off another school's wait list yesterday and decided to attend. Hope you all have a blast at Cornell - it wasn't easy for me to pass up spending another three years in Ithaca!

User avatar
mbw

Bronze
Posts: 341
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:56 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Post by mbw » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:28 am

stayingclassy wrote:Looks like I won't be joining you guys after all, as I was accepted off another school's wait list yesterday and decided to attend. Hope you all have a blast at Cornell - it wasn't easy for me to pass up spending another three years in Ithaca!
Ah, we lose a Section Der. :cry: But good luck in Philly!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!


User avatar
let/them/eat/cake

Silver
Posts: 595
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:20 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Post by let/them/eat/cake » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:34 am

mbw wrote:
stayingclassy wrote:Looks like I won't be joining you guys after all, as I was accepted off another school's wait list yesterday and decided to attend. Hope you all have a blast at Cornell - it wasn't easy for me to pass up spending another three years in Ithaca!
Ah, we lose a Section Der. :cry: But good luck in Philly!
for some reason this strikes me as an unfortunate moniker.

User avatar
danielfgator

Bronze
Posts: 131
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:02 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Post by danielfgator » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:10 pm

.

User avatar
let/them/eat/cake

Silver
Posts: 595
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:20 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Post by let/them/eat/cake » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:02 pm

45 minutes away! This is now very real. Anyone around later doing anything?

User avatar
sheltron5000

Bronze
Posts: 295
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:55 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Post by sheltron5000 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:54 am

the assignment edition of scoops is up...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...


User avatar
Other25BeforeYou

Silver
Posts: 503
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:19 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Post by Other25BeforeYou » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:32 am

sheltron5000 wrote:the assignment edition of scoops is up...
YAY! I just got super excited about law school.

User avatar
panda

Bronze
Posts: 357
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:11 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Post by panda » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:48 pm

4 chpts for lawyering for the first class..not including a chapter for every other class.
fml.

oh! wait! no! i just got super excited about law school too!!
:x

User avatar
panda

Bronze
Posts: 357
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:11 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Post by panda » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:00 pm

I think I am going to run for 1L CLSA representative.

Do I have TLSer support?! :mrgreen:

User avatar
como

Silver
Posts: 511
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:41 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Post by como » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:31 am

panda wrote:I think I am going to run for 1L CLSA representative.

Do I have TLSer support?! :mrgreen:
You know you have mine!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!


User avatar
Other25BeforeYou

Silver
Posts: 503
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:19 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Post by Other25BeforeYou » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:45 pm

panda wrote:I think I am going to run for 1L CLSA representative.

Do I have TLSer support?! :mrgreen:
I'll vote for you.

(Do we vote on that?)

User avatar
panda

Bronze
Posts: 357
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:11 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Post by panda » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:05 pm

Other25BeforeYou wrote: I'll vote for you.

(Do we vote on that?)
como wrote:
You know you have mine!
aww..thanks guys! only 204 to go!! :P
yup! 1Ls vote for their representative.

User avatar
sheltron5000

Bronze
Posts: 295
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:55 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Post by sheltron5000 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:35 am

panda wrote:
Other25BeforeYou wrote: I'll vote for you.

(Do we vote on that?)
como wrote:
You know you have mine!
aww..thanks guys! only 204 to go!! :P
yup! 1Ls vote for their representative.
make that 203!

Mosca

Bronze
Posts: 251
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:10 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Post by Mosca » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:41 pm

Anyone in Torts at 2:20 on Fridays?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!


Locked

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”