Cornell Class of 2012

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
Locked
User avatar
mbw

Bronze
Posts: 341
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:56 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Post by mbw » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:04 am

como wrote:I'm in D! I'm jazzed to see all you CDE folks every morning, although 8:45 is a touch early...
Yeah, it is early (although I'll be up much earlier, seeing four kids off to school)... But I do like that it means that our Con Law class has 100 students, rather than 33 (give or take a few).

marley123

New
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:34 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Post by marley123 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:21 am

Section E for me!

and I just managed to buy all 10 of my books for under 600. that definitely beats any undergrad book shopping spree easily.

User avatar
sheltron5000

Bronze
Posts: 295
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:55 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Post by sheltron5000 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:48 am

D is a little over represented on [strike]TLS[/strike] the internet, I smell something fishy... but I'm excited to have classes with you guys.
mbw wrote:
como wrote:I'm in D! I'm jazzed to see all you CDE folks every morning, although 8:45 is a touch early...
Yeah, it is early (although I'll be up much earlier, seeing four kids off to school)... But I do like that it means that our Con Law class has 100 students, rather than 33 (give or take a few).
I'm okay with the early classes every day of the week, every section has them, and I'd rather have almost the same wake up time every day. It's a lot easier to stick to a schedule that way.

jsun

New
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 12:38 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Post by jsun » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:17 am

ZaphodBeeblebrox wrote:Remember in undergrad when you'd spend $200 on textbooks for a semester and thought it was painful?

Just quoted my four casebooks on Amazon and it came out to the low, low price of $534. :shock:
I quoted all of my books on Amazon, and it came out to alittle over $1000. They really need to change the book budget.

User avatar
ZaphodBeeblebrox

New
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:13 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:24 am

Best part about not being in section A or B:

No 24 take-home exams. Because let's face it, that's 24 hours with no sleep.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!


User avatar
Other25BeforeYou

Silver
Posts: 503
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:19 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Post by Other25BeforeYou » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:31 am

I'm really excited about having 2+ hours for lunch every day. I know realistically I'll probably spend that time in the library studying most days, but it's nice to have the option of walking home for lunch.

User avatar
mbw

Bronze
Posts: 341
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:56 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Post by mbw » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:33 am

sheltron5000 wrote:D is a little over represented on [strike]TLS[/strike] the internet, I smell something fishy... but I'm excited to have classes with you guys.
mbw wrote:
como wrote:I'm in D! I'm jazzed to see all you CDE folks every morning, although 8:45 is a touch early...
Yeah, it is early (although I'll be up much earlier, seeing four kids off to school)... But I do like that it means that our Con Law class has 100 students, rather than 33 (give or take a few).
I'm okay with the early classes every day of the week, every section has them, and I'd rather have almost the same wake up time every day. It's a lot easier to stick to a schedule that way.
Ds have Lawyering every morning we don't have Con Law, and in the same room, so I can probably make it there half-asleep.

In fact, it turns out I spent all morning in Room 209, as Contracts is there as well.

Jenaimarre

New
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:41 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Post by Jenaimarre » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:39 am

Looks like I'm actually in D, not C as I had thought when my schedule was available for three minutes yesterday.

User avatar
sheltron5000

Bronze
Posts: 295
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:55 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Post by sheltron5000 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:46 am

Jenaimarre wrote:Looks like I'm actually in D, not C as I had thought when my schedule was available for three minutes yesterday.
reeejected. :(

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?


User avatar
studymaster

New
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:09 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Post by studymaster » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:47 am

ZaphodBeeblebrox wrote:Best part about not being in section A or B:

No 24 take-home exams. Because let's face it, that's 24 hours with no sleep.
Edited for poor reading comprehension
Last edited by studymaster on Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
ZaphodBeeblebrox

New
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:13 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:59 am

studymaster wrote:
ZaphodBeeblebrox wrote:Best part about not being in section A or B:

No 24 take-home exams. Because let's face it, that's 24 hours with no sleep.
Or F
What class has a take-home final in section F? I thought the only ones for first year classes were Dorf and Chafetz in ConLaw...

User avatar
mbw

Bronze
Posts: 341
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:56 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Post by mbw » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:03 am

sheltron5000 wrote:
Jenaimarre wrote:Looks like I'm actually in D, not C as I had thought when my schedule was available for three minutes yesterday.
reeejected. :(
Don't take it as rejection... With you ruling the curve in Section C, who wouldn't want to bolt? :P

User avatar
sheltron5000

Bronze
Posts: 295
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:55 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Post by sheltron5000 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:19 am

mbw wrote:
sheltron5000 wrote:
Jenaimarre wrote:Looks like I'm actually in D, not C as I had thought when my schedule was available for three minutes yesterday.
reeejected. :(
Don't take it as rejection... With you ruling the curve in Section C, who wouldn't want to bolt? :P
mmm, you make a good point, I guess it's hard to see other peoples' views from my position at the top :P But why is everyone running to section D? I would think that you guys had that all locked up.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!


User avatar
stayingclassy

New
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:14 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Post by stayingclassy » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:20 am

sheltron5000 wrote:
mbw wrote:
sheltron5000 wrote:
Jenaimarre wrote:Looks like I'm actually in D, not C as I had thought when my schedule was available for three minutes yesterday.
reeejected. :(
Don't take it as rejection... With you ruling the curve in Section C, who wouldn't want to bolt? :P
mmm, you make a good point, I guess it's hard to see other peoples' views from my position at the top :P But why is everyone running to section D? I would think that you guys had that all locked up.
Because section D is the best! Remember?

User avatar
mbw

Bronze
Posts: 341
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:56 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Post by mbw » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:25 am

sheltron5000 wrote:
mbw wrote:
sheltron5000 wrote:
Jenaimarre wrote:Looks like I'm actually in D, not C as I had thought when my schedule was available for three minutes yesterday.
reeejected. :(
Don't take it as rejection... With you ruling the curve in Section C, who wouldn't want to bolt? :P
mmm, you make a good point, I guess it's hard to see other peoples' views from my position at the top :P But why is everyone running to section D? I would think that you guys had that all locked up.
Oh, didn't you get the email? They decided that Section D is soooo awesome, they're doing away with the curve for us. Oh, and grades too.

woeisme

Silver
Posts: 781
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:39 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Post by woeisme » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:35 am

Section D was the best section last year. Looks like the trend is going to continue. 8)

User avatar
sheltron5000

Bronze
Posts: 295
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:55 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Post by sheltron5000 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:36 am

mbw wrote:
sheltron5000 wrote:
mbw wrote: Don't take it as rejection... With you ruling the curve in Section C, who wouldn't want to bolt? :P
mmm, you make a good point, I guess it's hard to see other peoples' views from my position at the top :P But why is everyone running to section D? I would think that you guys had that all locked up.
Oh, didn't you get the email? They decided that Section D is soooo awesome, they're doing away with the curve for us. Oh, and grades too.
I think you misinterpreted the word 'special' for 'awesome'...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...


User avatar
Other25BeforeYou

Silver
Posts: 503
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:19 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Post by Other25BeforeYou » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:49 am

sheltron5000 wrote:OK, so this whole "I'm moving away from all my old friends" just got a little too real, so I need some shiny new friends. I'm moving in this saturday, who all will be around and interested in a get together?

Chapter House, Saturday Aug. 8th at 7PM?
I like the idea of meeting up at The Chapter House for drinks, but unfortunately I'm busy that night :cry: .

User avatar
panda

Bronze
Posts: 357
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:11 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Post by panda » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:20 pm

como wrote:I'm in D! I'm jazzed to see all you CDE folks every morning, although 8:45 is a touch early...
como... welcome to the party. :wink:

User avatar
panda

Bronze
Posts: 357
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:11 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Post by panda » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:25 pm

woeisme wrote:Section D was the best section last year. Looks like the trend is going to continue. 8)

TITCR

editing the list right now!

User avatar
sheltron5000

Bronze
Posts: 295
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:55 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Post by sheltron5000 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:31 pm

Other25BeforeYou wrote:
sheltron5000 wrote:OK, so this whole "I'm moving away from all my old friends" just got a little too real, so I need some shiny new friends. I'm moving in this saturday, who all will be around and interested in a get together?

Chapter House, Saturday Aug. 8th at 7PM?
I like the idea of meeting up at The Chapter House for drinks, but unfortunately I'm busy that night :cry: .
Sunday? reccomend a day and we can all vote. I just want to meet some people before too long.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!


User avatar
mbw

Bronze
Posts: 341
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:56 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Post by mbw » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:43 pm

sheltron5000 wrote:
Other25BeforeYou wrote:
sheltron5000 wrote:OK, so this whole "I'm moving away from all my old friends" just got a little too real, so I need some shiny new friends. I'm moving in this saturday, who all will be around and interested in a get together?

Chapter House, Saturday Aug. 8th at 7PM?
I like the idea of meeting up at The Chapter House for drinks, but unfortunately I'm busy that night :cry: .
Sunday? reccomend a day and we can all vote. I just want to meet some people before too long.
You know you're always welcome for dinner at our house. :) (Despite being in that C section...)

Though I should add that I'm certain that hanging out with the 20-somethings will probably be more exciting (and glamorous) than us geriatrics... ;)
Last edited by mbw on Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Other25BeforeYou

Silver
Posts: 503
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:19 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Post by Other25BeforeYou » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:51 pm

sheltron5000 wrote:
Other25BeforeYou wrote:
sheltron5000 wrote:OK, so this whole "I'm moving away from all my old friends" just got a little too real, so I need some shiny new friends. I'm moving in this saturday, who all will be around and interested in a get together?

Chapter House, Saturday Aug. 8th at 7PM?
I like the idea of meeting up at The Chapter House for drinks, but unfortunately I'm busy that night :cry: .
Sunday? reccomend a day and we can all vote. I just want to meet some people before too long.
I can probably do Sunday, but I can't commit with certainty to anything right now. I have to go out of town for a few days next week, but I'm not sure yet which days it will be.

Saturday probably makes more sense for people as a whole though. I can always catch the next one.

User avatar
studymaster

New
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:09 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Post by studymaster » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:11 pm

Other25BeforeYou wrote:
sheltron5000 wrote:
Other25BeforeYou wrote:
sheltron5000 wrote:OK, so this whole "I'm moving away from all my old friends" just got a little too real, so I need some shiny new friends. I'm moving in this saturday, who all will be around and interested in a get together?

Chapter House, Saturday Aug. 8th at 7PM?
I like the idea of meeting up at The Chapter House for drinks, but unfortunately I'm busy that night :cry: .
Sunday? reccomend a day and we can all vote. I just want to meet some people before too long.
I can probably do Sunday, but I can't commit with certainty to anything right now. I have to go out of town for a few days next week, but I'm not sure yet which days it will be.

Saturday probably makes more sense for people as a whole though. I can always catch the next one.
Yeah, i have a sneaking suspicion we will be known by most bartenders in town.

User avatar
panda

Bronze
Posts: 357
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:11 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Post by panda » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:11 pm

mbw wrote:
You know you're always welcome for dinner at our house. :) (Despite being in that C section...)
woohoo! so being in Section D means unlimited invites?!

so D stands for Dinner after all!!! :P

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!


Locked

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”