Columbia Law School 2012! Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
Antipodean

Bronze

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Post by Antipodean » Tue May 26, 2009 4:23 pm

Unemployed wrote:--LinkRemoved--

So (roughly) 5 members of the Class of 2009 could not land a job?

Comforting and disconcerting at the same time.
Unemployment is high on your mind?

It is nice to see Columbia taking care of its grads.

Skadden Stairs

Bronze

Post by Skadden Stairs » Tue May 26, 2009 4:33 pm

Antipodean wrote:

Unemployment is high on your mind?

It is nice to see Columbia taking care of its grads.
Not getting offered... getting offers revoked... delayed/deferred start dates... actually having to compete as a summer... all the perks of being a summer getting cut... firms cutting associate salaries (again)... an egregious thwacking of bonuses... the death of lock-step... not finding a summer gig 2L...

Antipodean

Bronze

Post by Antipodean » Tue May 26, 2009 4:42 pm

lex talionis wrote:Not getting offered... getting offers revoked... delayed/deferred start dates... actually having to compete as a summer... all the perks of being a summer getting cut... firms cutting associate salaries (again)... an egregious thwacking of bonuses... the death of lock-step... not finding a summer gig 2L...
My hope is that the economy will have recovered by the time we graduate, or that at the very least firms will have adjusted and we won't get bushwacked by retracted offers in the same way that recent classes have.

But your point is well taken.

whyamidoingthis

Bronze

Post by whyamidoingthis » Tue May 26, 2009 4:58 pm

My brain keeps telling me that we have to turn in a form regarding a physical or something signed by our Dr. about vaccinations. Anyone remember if this is the case and, if so, when it's due?

SleekFire

Bronze

Post by SleekFire » Tue May 26, 2009 5:47 pm

whyamidoingthis wrote:My brain keeps telling me that we have to turn in a form regarding a physical or something signed by our Dr. about vaccinations. Anyone remember if this is the case and, if so, when it's due?

Its High-school again!!!!!! lol

I don't remember anything of the sort but I may have missed it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Skadden Stairs

Bronze

Post by Skadden Stairs » Tue May 26, 2009 5:50 pm

Mid July: Submission deadline for medical documentation to Health Services Office certifying that you have been immunized against measles (in accordance with New York State Health Department requirements). Forms can be found on the main Columbia University website.

Note: Students may not matriculate without this medical documentation. Please refer all questions regarding immunizations to hs-enrollment@columbia.edu

Lem37

Bronze

Post by Lem37 » Tue May 26, 2009 6:42 pm

I thought it was that they were only offering the fellowships to 5 students? Not that there were only 5 who couldn't get jobs.

EDIT: I really don't care about this, thought I would just point out the semantics.

thrillhouse

Bronze

Post by thrillhouse » Wed May 27, 2009 8:31 am

I believe there is a TLS wide NYC meetup on Saturday June 13th. How do you all feel about having a pre-TLS Columbos only meetup? Then, later in the evening, we can join the other TLSers if we choose or we can just keep our own party going!

Post your thoughts here and I'll try to arrange it with the other TLSers if you all are interested.

jmat

New

Post by jmat » Wed May 27, 2009 11:22 am

thrillhouse wrote:I believe there is a TLS wide NYC meetup on Saturday June 13th. How do you all feel about having a pre-TLS Columbos only meetup? Then, later in the evening, we can join the other TLSers if we choose or we can just keep our own party going!

Post your thoughts here and I'll try to arrange it with the other TLSers if you all are interested.
June 13th looks okay to me. I am pretty neutral as to meeting up with other TLSers, but I am definitely down for the Columbos meetup.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Silver

Post by 06132010 » Wed May 27, 2009 12:35 pm

thrillhouse wrote:I believe there is a TLS wide NYC meetup on Saturday June 13th. How do you all feel about having a pre-TLS Columbos only meetup? Then, later in the evening, we can join the other TLSers if we choose or we can just keep our own party going!

I think that's a good idea. The CLS TLS brigade can show up to the main event nice and hammered... if we show up at all.

SleekFire

Bronze

Post by SleekFire » Wed May 27, 2009 12:42 pm

Im flying into NY on the 14th...

Have a good time guys I'm sorry I will miss it!

jmat

New

Post by jmat » Wed May 27, 2009 12:47 pm

Well this all sounds great, now all I need to decide is if I am going to wear this or this to our little get together.

MeTalkPrettyOneDay

Bronze

Post by MeTalkPrettyOneDay » Wed May 27, 2009 1:28 pm

jmat wrote:Well this all sounds great, now all I need to decide is if I am going to wear this or this to our little get together.
Hahaha, if you wear either of those, you'll need to walk around with a copy of this for counter-balance.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Silver

Post by 06132010 » Wed May 27, 2009 1:30 pm

jmat wrote:Well this all sounds great, now all I need to decide is if I am going to wear this or this to our little get together.
I vote wolf shirt!

I'm considering this: --ImageRemoved--

MeTalkPrettyOneDay

Bronze

Post by MeTalkPrettyOneDay » Wed May 27, 2009 1:33 pm

booyakasha45 wrote:
I vote wolf shirt!

Why go with an 80's-style, high-rise, gold miniskirt when you could go with a modern trash bag and duct tape? :lol:
Last edited by MeTalkPrettyOneDay on Wed May 27, 2009 1:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Silver

Post by 06132010 » Wed May 27, 2009 1:36 pm

MeTalkPrettyOneDay wrote:
booyakasha45 wrote:
I vote wolf shirt!

Why go with an 80's-style, high-rise, gold miniskirt when you could go with a modern trash bag and duct tape? :lol:
Because trashbags don't come in GOLD, silly.

jmat

New

Post by jmat » Wed May 27, 2009 1:37 pm

booyakasha45 wrote:
I vote wolf shirt!

That's wicked hot. I think the only really question I have is, what color tube top goes best with that. Might I suggest fuchsia?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

MeTalkPrettyOneDay

Bronze

Post by MeTalkPrettyOneDay » Wed May 27, 2009 1:38 pm

booyakasha45 wrote:
MeTalkPrettyOneDay wrote:
booyakasha45 wrote:
I vote wolf shirt!

Because trashbags don't come in GOLD, silly.
*Bows head* Damn it. You win.

Let's design some kickass gold trashbags, then patent them. They'd make anything-but-clothes parties so much more fun.

Silver

Post by 06132010 » Wed May 27, 2009 1:40 pm

I actually wore a trashbag with duct tape to an anything but clothes party. Perhaps we should have one at Columbia.

Antipodean

Bronze

Post by Antipodean » Wed May 27, 2009 2:25 pm

The last time I went to an "anything but clothes" party, outfits began falling to pieces once the liquor really got flowing. Which isn't necessarily always a bad thing, though it was pretty awful in that case. :?

jmat

New

Post by jmat » Wed May 27, 2009 2:29 pm

Antipodean wrote:The last time I went to an "anything but clothes" party, outfits began falling to pieces once the liquor really got flowing. Which isn't necessarily always a bad thing, though it was pretty awful in that case. :?
Yeah, an anything but clothes party at an institution in which we learn how to define words in any manner that fits our interest can certainly take life in interesting (and possibly disturbing directions), that said we'll all need info to hold over each other once we become big important muckity mucks so why the heck not?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Unemployed

Silver

Post by Unemployed » Wed May 27, 2009 2:33 pm

jmat wrote:
Antipodean wrote:The last time I went to an "anything but clothes" party, outfits began falling to pieces once the liquor really got flowing. Which isn't necessarily always a bad thing, though it was pretty awful in that case. :?
Yeah, an anything but clothes party at an institution in which we learn how to define words in any manner that fits our interest can certainly take life in interesting (and possibly disturbing directions), that said we'll all need info to hold over each other once we become big important muckity mucks so why the heck not?
This is the kind of thinking that gave us 8 years of GWB!

jmat

New

Post by jmat » Wed May 27, 2009 2:42 pm

Unemployed wrote:
jmat wrote:
This is the kind of thinking that gave us 8 years of GWB!
Yes, but it also gave us every Kennedy we've ever had and WJC, I think it's just political tradition. BTW aside from just a meet up if any NYC folk ever feel like going out to CitiField to catch a Mets game I am pretty much always game.

Silver

Post by 06132010 » Wed May 27, 2009 2:47 pm

I'd be down for a Yankees game ;) .

jmat

New

Post by jmat » Wed May 27, 2009 3:14 pm

booyakasha45 wrote:I'd be down for a Yankees game ;) .
And here I thought you seemed likable. In all seriousness though I'd be up for games at either, ball games are almost always good fun.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”