Columbia Law School 2012! Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
Lem37

Bronze

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Post by Lem37 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:16 pm

booyakasha45 wrote:
frank_the_tank wrote:
dachillchick wrote:So yea...anyone hear about housing yet?

I think I remember reading that we hear at the end of June.
Although I told my parents this, they've been asking me at least once a day since April. Awesome.
Oh my God. I thought I was the only one whose parents were doing this. It is so. Fucking. Annoying.

Antipodean

Bronze

Post by Antipodean » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:21 pm

Lem37 wrote:
booyakasha45 wrote:Although I told my parents this, they've been asking me at least once a day since April. Awesome.
Oh my God. I thought I was the only one whose parents were doing this. It is so. Fucking. Annoying.
My parents only ask in every email they have the opportunity to send. One of the benefits of living 15 time zones away from home. :)

Silver

Post by 06132010 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:28 pm

Lem37 wrote:
booyakasha45 wrote:
frank_the_tank wrote:

Although I told my parents this, they've been asking me at least once a day since April. Awesome.
"I'll tell you guys as soon as I find out" means "I already know and haven't told you for kicks, so ask away."

whyamidoingthis

Bronze

Post by whyamidoingthis » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:50 pm

booyakasha45 wrote:
frank_the_tank wrote:

Ugh, mine too. I finally snapped at my mother when she asked me for the 100th time last week and told her that she would be the first to know when I do. I don't know what part of "early June" she wasn't understanding when I told her the last 99 times :evil:.

whyamidoingthis

Bronze

Post by whyamidoingthis » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:53 pm

booyakasha45 wrote:
Lem37 wrote:
"I'll tell you guys as soon as I find out" means "I already know and haven't told you for kicks, so ask away."
Yes, this is apparently what my mother is hearing.

It's also not like they're paying my rent, so why the eff does it matter to them????????

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

frank_the_tank

Bronze

Post by frank_the_tank » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:28 pm

whyamidoingthis wrote:
booyakasha45 wrote:
Lem37 wrote:
Yes, this is apparently what my mother is hearing.

It's also not like they're paying my rent, so why the eff does it matter to them????????
I was pretty happy after reading these posts yesterday because my mom hadn't asked about housing.

Then last night she brought it up.....I think you guys jinxed me.

Silver

Post by 06132010 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:59 pm

Welcome to the Over-Involved Parents Club, frank :D .

NoodlesHighChief

New

Post by NoodlesHighChief » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:18 pm

jpaul09 wrote:Hey guys, I stumbled upon some Columbia J-school site while looking to see whether Verizon gave discounts on monthly plans for Columbia students. (Yes, I'm still on my cell phone quest from a couple of pages ago.) At any rate, it lists a bunch of providers that purportedly give discounts to Columbia students (20% for AT&T?!) plus some place at Columbia where you can get discounted movie tickets, etc. -- thought it might be helpful for a few other people:
--LinkRemoved--

So if we just buy a plan from a Best Buy or someplace we can get the discount later?

whyamidoingthis

Bronze

Post by whyamidoingthis » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:21 pm

NoodlesHighChief wrote:
jpaul09 wrote:Hey guys, I stumbled upon some Columbia J-school site while looking to see whether Verizon gave discounts on monthly plans for Columbia students. (Yes, I'm still on my cell phone quest from a couple of pages ago.) At any rate, it lists a bunch of providers that purportedly give discounts to Columbia students (20% for AT&T?!) plus some place at Columbia where you can get discounted movie tickets, etc. -- thought it might be helpful for a few other people:
--LinkRemoved--

So if we just buy a plan from a Best Buy or someplace we can get the discount later?
If you're referring to the AT&T discount, then yes (I assume this does NOT work for pre-paid plans though). Buy the plan at Best Buy, register your account at http://www.attwireless.com (don't remember if this step is necessary, but I used this to check that our phones were now on the discounted plan), and then go through the link at the site given above. It's easy and can all be done online!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

NoodlesHighChief

New

Post by NoodlesHighChief » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:02 pm

whyamidoingthis wrote:
NoodlesHighChief wrote:
--LinkRemoved--

If you're referring to the AT&T discount, then yes (I assume this does NOT work for pre-paid plans though). Buy the plan at Best Buy, register your account at http://www.attwireless.com (don't remember if this step is necessary, but I used this to check that our phones were now on the discounted plan), and then go through the link at the site given above. It's easy and can all be done online!

How about Sprint? Radio Shack sells a phone/plan package with the phone coming for free. The link to the Columbia page of Sprint makes you pay 50 bucks or so for the same phone. Thanks again.

jpaul09

New

Post by jpaul09 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:36 pm

I followed the Sprint link from the Columbia J-school blog, and here's what it said about existing customers (which you would be, if you bought the plan from Best Buy first).
Note that it say the discount is for faculty and staff, but here it is:

"For Current Sprint Customers
If you already have Sprint service and would like to receive the 18% Columbia University Faculty & Staff discount, here's what you need to do:

Call (Sprint) 1-866-853-4931 and select option 1 to request your discount.
You will need to provide customer service with the Columbia University Faculty & Staff node number 0080026340.
Every 24 months, eligible Sprint customers can get up to $150.00 off a new Sprint PCS phone. For eligibility, visit http://www.SprintRebates.com, or call 877-319-6489.
For all billing inquiries and other inquiries on current service, please contact Sprint 888-788-4727."

imchuckbass58

Silver

Post by imchuckbass58 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:22 pm

Hey - question for you guys about the vaccination form:

Is it an actual form, or do we just need our doctor to send some sort of letter saying we've been vaccinated? I'm out of the country and don't have access to my packet, so I don't know if there's a specific form we need to fill out.

Also, if it's a specific form, is there any way to access it online?

Thanks.

MeTalkPrettyOneDay

Bronze

Post by MeTalkPrettyOneDay » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:17 am

imchuckbass58 wrote:Hey - question for you guys about the vaccination form:

Is it an actual form, or do we just need our doctor to send some sort of letter saying we've been vaccinated? I'm out of the country and don't have access to my packet, so I don't know if there's a specific form we need to fill out.

Thanks.
The PDF link is in the middle of the first paragraph: http://www.health.columbia.edu/docs/ser ... s/mmr.html

For a checklist of other things to do this summer, go here: http://www.law.columbia.edu/current_stu ... re-arrival

See you soon!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

imchuckbass58

Silver

Post by imchuckbass58 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:45 am

MeTalkPrettyOneDay wrote:
imchuckbass58 wrote:Hey - question for you guys about the vaccination form:

Thanks.
The PDF link is in the middle of the first paragraph: http://www.health.columbia.edu/docs/ser ... s/mmr.html

For a checklist of other things to do this summer, go here: http://www.law.columbia.edu/current_stu ... re-arrival

See you soon!
Thanks!

Antipodean

Bronze

Post by Antipodean » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:52 am

I got an email today informing me that my Housing Application was approved. Unfortunately, when I opened it just confirmed that I'd be receiving an offer by email in the future. Did everyone else only just get notified that their application was approved?

marshponds

New

Post by marshponds » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:17 pm

Antipodean wrote:I got an email today informing me that my Housing Application was approved. Unfortunately, when I opened it just confirmed that I'd be receiving an offer by email in the future. Did everyone else only just get notified that their application was approved?
I got that email today and then a short while later received my housing offer. Anybody know anything about the apartments on 629 W 115th St?

whyamidoingthis

Bronze

Post by whyamidoingthis » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:47 pm

marshponds wrote:
Antipodean wrote:I got an email today informing me that my Housing Application was approved. Unfortunately, when I opened it just confirmed that I'd be receiving an offer by email in the future. Did everyone else only just get notified that their application was approved?
I got that email today and then a short while later received my housing offer. Anybody know anything about the apartments on 629 W 115th St?
It looks like a good location, but I don't remember if I looked at apts on that street. Is it a 2BD or 3BD share??

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Silver

Post by 06132010 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:18 pm

marshponds wrote:
You guys are getting me all excited :) .

Antipodean

Bronze

Post by Antipodean » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:38 pm

booyakasha45 wrote:
marshponds wrote:I got that email today and then a short while later received my housing offer. Anybody know anything about the apartments on 629 W 115th St?
Maybe you'll get your housing assignment in time for your parent's next inquiry! :)

jfab202

New

Post by jfab202 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:43 pm

booyakasha45 wrote:
marshponds wrote:
there's nothing exciting about columbia housing.

MeTalkPrettyOneDay

Bronze

Post by MeTalkPrettyOneDay » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:14 pm

jfab202 wrote:
booyakasha45 wrote:
marshponds wrote:
Well aren't you a bundle of sunshine.

I visited some of the apartments at the ASW, and honestly they're pretty decent for their price (considering it's NYC).

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Silver

Post by 06132010 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:32 pm

jfab202 wrote:
booyakasha45 wrote:
marshponds wrote:
Negative Nancy.

Silver

Post by 06132010 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:33 pm

Antipodean wrote:
booyakasha45 wrote:
marshponds wrote:I got that email today and then a short while later received my housing offer. Anybody know anything about the apartments on 629 W 115th St?
Maybe you'll get your housing assignment in time for your parent's next inquiry! :)
hahah. doubtful.

MeTalkPrettyOneDay

Bronze

Post by MeTalkPrettyOneDay » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:37 pm

booyakasha45 wrote:
Antipodean wrote:
booyakasha45 wrote:
hahah. doubtful.
Pssshh, they've probably already asked 4 times since Antipodean's post, right Booya? :P

Silver

Post by 06132010 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:42 pm

5 :oops: . Nah, it only happens when my mom gets home, so I'm safe for a few more hours. Hopefully Columbia comes through with my housing offer before dinner.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”