UVA Class of 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
iceberger

Bronze

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Post by iceberger » Fri May 01, 2009 2:39 pm

kguilf99 wrote:I paid my deposit yesterday, you can add me to the list! I'm turning in my Ivy Garden 1BR lease on Monday. Can't wait for the fall!

congrats on a fine choice!!!

crazyinalabama

Bronze

Post by crazyinalabama » Fri May 01, 2009 2:44 pm

Kohinoor wrote:
crazyinalabama wrote:So I bought a wii off ebay yesterday after rationalizing that I will need study breaks every once and a while next year (meaning daily...). I got the wii fit board w/games as well and am planning on getting Mario Kart. Anyone have any game recommendations?
Mario Party then we become bffs so you invite me over.
DONE. I had completely forgotten about Mario Party. I used to babysit a kid who had gamecube and it was the only game he'd ever let me play.

crazyinalabama

Bronze

Post by crazyinalabama » Fri May 01, 2009 2:46 pm

I knew I could count on TLS to guide me in spending my moneys =) I think I might just buy them all, with the exception of zelda because I remember being sooooo confused when my brothers used to play on xbox or playstation or whatever game system it was originally created for.

Kohinoor

Gold

Post by Kohinoor » Fri May 01, 2009 2:52 pm

crazyinalabama wrote:
Kohinoor wrote:
crazyinalabama wrote:So I bought a wii off ebay yesterday after rationalizing that I will need study breaks every once and a while next year (meaning daily...). I got the wii fit board w/games as well and am planning on getting Mario Kart. Anyone have any game recommendations?
Mario Party then we become bffs so you invite me over.
DONE. I had completely forgotten about Mario Party. I used to babysit a kid who had gamecube and it was the only game he'd ever let me play.
i have a facebook album dedicated solely to Mario Party victory shots.

ILikeIke

New

Post by ILikeIke » Fri May 01, 2009 2:54 pm

crazyinalabama wrote:I knew I could count on TLS to guide me in spending my moneys =) I think I might just buy them all, with the exception of zelda because I remember being sooooo confused when my brothers used to play on xbox or playstation or whatever game system it was originally created for.
Whatever that was, that wasn't Zelda. Zelda is exclusively a Nintendo series, and in my personal opinion, it has produced some of the finest titles, ever. If you like puzzles and sword fights and using a bow and arrow on horseback (Oh, and turning into a wolf, since you'd be playing Twilight Princess.), you'll love Zelda. I loved Twilight Princess, although I played it on Gamecube, so I cannot speak to how it is playing it with the remote and nunchuck.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

crazyinalabama

Bronze

Post by crazyinalabama » Fri May 01, 2009 2:58 pm

ILikeIke wrote:
crazyinalabama wrote:I knew I could count on TLS to guide me in spending my moneys =) I think I might just buy them all, with the exception of zelda because I remember being sooooo confused when my brothers used to play on xbox or playstation or whatever game system it was originally created for.
Whatever that was, that wasn't Zelda. Zelda is exclusively a Nintendo series, and in my personal opinion, it has produced some of the finest titles, ever. If you like puzzles and sword fights and using a bow and arrow on horseback (Oh, and turning into a wolf, since you'd be playing Twilight Princess.), you'll love Zelda. I loved Twilight Princess, although I played it on Gamecube, so I cannot speak to how it is playing it with the remote and nunchuck.
I'm certain I tried playing Zelda a while back - no idea what system. However, Twilight Princess sounds fabulous so maybe I will reconsider. It is sooooo hard to do work when all I can think about is stalking the mailman tomorrow and hooking this baby up!

RVP11

Gold

Post by RVP11 » Fri May 01, 2009 3:02 pm

ILikeIke wrote:
Doing all the sword/shield moves and the bow aiming with the wiimote and nunchuk is very cool.

I forgot to mention...my best Christmas present was what my fiancee got me: Guitar Hero World Tour for Wii and two Wii guitars. It will probably run you $99 but I can think of few better social/party games than Guitar Hero.
Last edited by RVP11 on Fri May 01, 2009 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TaoTao

New

Post by TaoTao » Fri May 01, 2009 3:02 pm

I bought myself a wii as a reward for getting into UVA, I love wii sports (comes with the console)

crazyinalabama

Bronze

Post by crazyinalabama » Fri May 01, 2009 3:06 pm

JSUVA2012 wrote:
ILikeIke wrote:
Doing all the sword/shield moves and the bow aiming with the wiimote and nunchuk is very cool.

I forgot to mention...my best Christmas present was what my fiancee got me: Guitar Hero World Tour for Wii and two Wii guitars. It will probably run you $99 but I can think of few better social/party games than Guitar Hero.
Yeah...I'm probably asking for trouble by admitting this, but I find Guitar Hero pretty boring each time I play it or have to watch others play it. Maybe it's because there's never many songs I like. When they come out with Guitar Hero, featuring The Band or Led Zeppelin maybe I'll buy it...I just can't get pumped up for 80s hairbands...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

iceberger

Bronze

Post by iceberger » Fri May 01, 2009 3:11 pm

crazyinalabama wrote: Yeah...I'm probably asking for trouble by admitting this, but I find Guitar Hero pretty boring each time I play it or have to watch others play it. Maybe it's because there's never many songs I like. When they come out with Guitar Hero, featuring The Band or Led Zeppelin maybe I'll buy it...I just can't get pumped up for 80s hairbands...
blasphemy! no, but i understand where you're coming from.

green

Bronze

Post by green » Fri May 01, 2009 3:17 pm

crazyinalabama wrote:
JSUVA2012 wrote:
ILikeIke wrote:

Yeah...I'm probably asking for trouble by admitting this, but I find Guitar Hero pretty boring each time I play it or have to watch others play it. Maybe it's because there's never many songs I like. When they come out with Guitar Hero, featuring The Band or Led Zeppelin maybe I'll buy it...I just can't get pumped up for 80s hairbands...
I suck at Guitar Hero even though I can play music in real life.

hotburrito

New

Post by hotburrito » Fri May 01, 2009 3:20 pm

rock band!!

green

Bronze

Post by green » Fri May 01, 2009 3:20 pm

I love rock band.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ILikeIke

New

Post by ILikeIke » Fri May 01, 2009 3:25 pm

green wrote:I suck at Guitar Hero even though I can play music in real life.
Haha, yeah, I got Guitar Hero for Christmas, and my mom was like, "Oh, maybe I'll try that one- I might be good at it since I used to play the guitar." My brother and I were like, "Yeah, uh, except maybe for some hand-eye coordination, there's no correlation between the two.

Also, did you see the South Park episode with Guitar Hero?

CE2JD

Silver

Post by CE2JD » Fri May 01, 2009 3:28 pm

ILikeIke wrote:
Haha, yeah, I got Guitar Hero for Christmas, and my mom was like, "Oh, maybe I'll try that one- I might be good at it since I used to play the guitar." My brother and I were like, "Yeah, uh, except maybe for some hand-eye coordination, there's no correlation between the two.

I loved that South Park. Stan's dad gets hooked on that chase the pony game or watever.

Hilarious.

iceberger

Bronze

Post by iceberger » Fri May 01, 2009 3:29 pm

CE2JD wrote:
ILikeIke wrote:

I loved that South Park. Stan's dad gets hooked on that chase the pony game or watever.

Hilarious.

was it heroin hero? you chase the white pony but never catch it...

CE2JD

Silver

Post by CE2JD » Fri May 01, 2009 3:31 pm

iceberger wrote:
CE2JD wrote:
ILikeIke wrote:

Hilarious.

was it heroin hero? you chase the white pony but never catch it...
Hahaha... yeah that was it.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

showNprove

Silver

Post by showNprove » Fri May 01, 2009 3:33 pm

Last edited by showNprove on Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cavalier

Gold

Post by Cavalier » Fri May 01, 2009 3:43 pm

I definitely want to get Guitar Hero. My roomate in college had it, and I played it enough to actually get somewhat good (like, being able beat all but 3 of the songs on expert). It was a great way to take a study break, because I would only need to play 2 or 3 songs before I felt refreshed and ready to study again.

green

Bronze

Post by green » Fri May 01, 2009 4:01 pm

ILikeIke wrote:

I haven't seen it but I'm sure it was hilarious - I'll have to check it out.

limegreen

Silver

Post by limegreen » Fri May 01, 2009 4:38 pm

AHHH. I wish I had known, I'm trying to sell my Wii and I already have Mario Kart and two wheels and some other stuff. I would have cut you a nice deal!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

geoffree

Bronze

Post by geoffree » Fri May 01, 2009 4:39 pm

CE2JD wrote:
ILikeIke wrote:

Hilarious.
EPIC episode :lol:

gladiator

Silver

Post by gladiator » Fri May 01, 2009 4:46 pm

Sadly, my PS3 has had very little use in law school, not that I've had any shortage of time wasted. My friends' Wii and XBox 360 have had plenty of use though.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Fri May 01, 2009 5:08 pm

I look forward to Rock Band parties, which should be one of the true highlights of law school. :D

Cavalier

Gold

Post by Cavalier » Fri May 01, 2009 5:18 pm

vanwinkle wrote:I look forward to Rock Band parties, which should be one of the true highlights of law school. :D
If other people are into it, I might spend the time to become good again.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”