UVA Class of 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
YCrevolution

Gold

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Post by YCrevolution » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:17 am

ILikeIke

New

Post by ILikeIke » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:18 am

YCrevolution wrote:
ILikeIke wrote:Does anybody know what address or to what office/attention we're supposed to mail the official copy of our transcripts?
I've told my school to mail my final transcript (once I get my degree) to the (law school) admissions office, since I couldn't find any other information online, and my acceptance letter didn't specify.

...Thesis defense in 6 hours.
Thanks! Good luck with the thesis defense- I'm sure it will be fine. From what I remember, waiting to start was the worst part!

RVP11

Gold

Post by RVP11 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:19 am

ILikeIke wrote:Does anybody know what address or to what office/attention we're supposed to mail the official copy of our transcripts?
I ordered my transcript sent to the admissions office c/o: Dean Trujillo. This was a couple months ago and I still haven't heard from UVA if they've received it yet...might have to pony up another $10 to get my UG to send it. Has anyone who's sent their official transcript heard back?

philosophy

New

Post by philosophy » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:27 am

gladiator wrote:
showNprove wrote:
gladiator wrote:Each LRW class has 2 Dillard fellows which are basically LRW TAs. They grade the majority of your papers and talk to you about whatever issues you have with LRW. They also serve as one of your three judges during oral arguments. So in February, there's a tryout similar to the journal tryout to become a Dillard fellow. I think you can do it over any 72 hours during a period of time between like 2/1 and 3/10, something like that. 24 spots, not sure how many try out but it's not like journal tryouts where almost everyone does.
Is there any notable benefit in doing it?
Well it shows you're good at legal research and writing and is a somewhat prestigious thing to put on a resume.
are dillard fellows discouraged from being on journals, or specific journals?

showNprove

Silver

Post by showNprove » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:54 am

Last edited by showNprove on Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ILikeIke

New

Post by ILikeIke » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:56 am

showNprove wrote:I'm pretty sure you just address your trranscript to the Office of Admissions, 580 Massie Road. I'm going to use the same address we send our deposits to.
Ah, that makes sense. I paid my deposit online, so I didn't even think of that. Thanks!

tkj

New

Post by tkj » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:58 am

Last edited by tkj on Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cavalier

Gold

Post by Cavalier » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:59 am

I called them about this a while ago and they said just to use Office of Admissions, 580 Massie Road, etc.

Cavalier

Gold

Post by Cavalier » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:59 am

tkj wrote:UVA has to have the most prolific c/o 2012 group?
We're all so excited to be attending that we can't stop posting about UVA.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

geoffree

Bronze

Post by geoffree » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:56 pm

When is the transcript due? Sure, we could dig up all this info from the UVAadmit site, but where's the fun in that?

RVP11

Gold

Post by RVP11 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:57 pm

geoffree wrote:When is the transcript due? Sure, we could dig up all this info from the UVAadmit site, but where's the fun in that?
August 1

AllAmericanGirl

New

Post by AllAmericanGirl » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:33 pm

isn't this kind of weird to send your transcript again if it's the exact same one as when you applied? I graduated four years ago. :)

whatever keeps them happy!

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:37 pm

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

gladiator

Silver

Post by gladiator » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:47 pm

philosophy wrote:
gladiator wrote:
showNprove wrote:
gladiator wrote:Each LRW class has 2 Dillard fellows which are basically LRW TAs. They grade the majority of your papers and talk to you about whatever issues you have with LRW. They also serve as one of your three judges during oral arguments. So in February, there's a tryout similar to the journal tryout to become a Dillard fellow. I think you can do it over any 72 hours during a period of time between like 2/1 and 3/10, something like that. 24 spots, not sure how many try out but it's not like journal tryouts where almost everyone does.
Is there any notable benefit in doing it?
Well it shows you're good at legal research and writing and is a somewhat prestigious thing to put on a resume.
are dillard fellows discouraged from being on journals, or specific journals?
Not that I know of.

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:03 pm

edit: n/m
Last edited by thesealocust on Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

limegreen

Silver

Post by limegreen » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:04 pm

thesealocust wrote:Sent my transcript in Feb, no word from them. My guess is they're putting off that pile of mail while they sort out their class.

Also just made a big update to our facebook group. There are a lot of you! I hope this means lots of good summer BBQ/c-ville exploring hijinks :D

I also sent mine in a few months ago and have heard nothing. I guess eventually they'll let us know they received it?

On another note, I was shopping with my Mom today and the sales associate that was helping my Mom asked me what grade I was in. I said I was about to start law school and she looked at me like I was crazy and asked if I had even gone to college yet. The woman was probably in her early forties and said she had a son in college, so it wasn't like some senile elderly person thinking I was in high school. How embarrassing.

crazyinalabama

Bronze

Post by crazyinalabama » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:19 pm

limegreen wrote:
thesealocust wrote:Sent my transcript in Feb, no word from them. My guess is they're putting off that pile of mail while they sort out their class.

Also just made a big update to our facebook group. There are a lot of you! I hope this means lots of good summer BBQ/c-ville exploring hijinks :D

I also sent mine in a few months ago and have heard nothing. I guess eventually they'll let us know they received it?

On another note, I was shopping with my Mom today and the sales associate that was helping my Mom asked me what grade I was in. I said I was about to start law school and she looked at me like I was crazy and asked if I had even gone to college yet. The woman was probably in her early forties and said she had a son in college, so it wasn't like some senile elderly person thinking I was in high school. How embarrassing.
Hahha do you hold your mom's hand when you guys go shopping or something? You are not having good luck this week with the sales associates....

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Jim_Stansel

Bronze

Post by Jim_Stansel » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:19 pm

Anybody here chosen their lender yet? I was just researching the list of lenders that comes up in SIS when you click to accept your loan package. Discover seems to be the only one that explicitly says you will not be charged any fees above and beyond the federally required 3% origination fee for Grad PLUS (no origination fee for Stafford and no guarantor fees for either). See this chart: http://www.discoverstudentloans.com/stu ... udent.aspx

So, as of now, I am leaning towards Discover.

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:44 pm

edit: n/m
Last edited by thesealocust on Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

limegreen

Silver

Post by limegreen » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:01 pm

crazyinalabama wrote:
limegreen wrote:

Hahha do you hold your mom's hand when you guys go shopping or something? You are not having good luck this week with the sales associates....
Haha, no, but she did push me around in the cart (kidding). I'll admit I look younger than I am (23 in June), and I was dressed really casually, but so young you have to ask what grade I'm in? I don't think it's that bad... The worst part was the afterward the lady was like, you look really really young, my son's in college but you just look so young. She just kept rubbing salt on the wound.

geoffree

Bronze

Post by geoffree » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:38 pm

limegreen wrote:
crazyinalabama wrote:
limegreen wrote:

Haha, no, but she did push me around in the cart (kidding). I'll admit I look younger than I am (23 in June), and I was dressed really casually, but so young you have to ask what grade I'm in? I don't think it's that bad... The worst part was the afterward the lady was like, you look really really young, my son's in college but you just look so young. She just kept rubbing salt on the wound.
Take it as a compliment :lol: Are you male or female? Either way, it's a compliment. I'm 27 years old and look pretty darn young so I know what it's like.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

crazyinalabama

Bronze

Post by crazyinalabama » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:50 pm

geoffree - love the tar by the way. Glad to know I won't be the only deadhead in law school!

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:06 pm

limegreen

Silver

Post by limegreen » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:10 pm

I'm female.

For the loans, is it better to take the all out with the lender? Better to take the out with different lenders? I need serious help, here.

crazyinalabama

Bronze

Post by crazyinalabama » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:23 pm

limegreen wrote:I'm female.

For the loans, is it better to take the all out with the lender? Better to take the out with different lenders? I need serious help, here.
+1. I'm clueless and slightly panicky. Are people planning on paying their interest on the unsubsidized stafford and gradplus when in school? UVA's website says they recommend it...finance majors please help!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”