UVA Class of 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
Atticus Kunk

New

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Post by Atticus Kunk » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:34 pm

Cavalier wrote:
limegreen wrote:Can anyone direct me to the direct deposit form? I can't find it.
That reminds me, I still have to do mine. It's posted here: http://www.virginia.edu/studentaccounts/forms.html
Hey guys,

School’s coming up, and I thought I would join the community.

I’m from Atlanta and will be living at Ivy Gardens. I enjoy sports and am always up for pickup basketball or a game of tennis.

I’m coming up to Charlottesville this weekend (July 31-August 1), and I was wondering if any of you in town would like to meet up on Saturday for drinks or food.

Looking forward to meeting all of you soon.

ILikeIke

New

Post by ILikeIke » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:59 pm

Anyone already in C'ville have a bank they are happy with and willing to recommend?

gladiator

Silver

Post by gladiator » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:02 pm

ILikeIke wrote:Anyone already in C'ville have a bank they are happy with and willing to recommend?
I have Wachovia and it's fine and right near the law school. BB&T and Bank of America are fairly prevalent too.

ILikeIke

New

Post by ILikeIke » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:03 pm

Alternatively, anyone know of any ATM's without fees in C'ville? I just realized that since it doesn't look like I can link the direct deposit to my ING account (if someone knows a way, please enlighten me, but they ask for a deposit slip or voided check), if I want my loan money in a timely fashion, I'm going to have to keep my current checking account, since I won't have a new local bank by the time the direct deposit forms are due.

jase1348

New

Post by jase1348 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:25 pm

Atticus Kunk wrote:
Cavalier wrote:
limegreen wrote:Can anyone direct me to the direct deposit form? I can't find it.
That reminds me, I still have to do mine. It's posted here: http://www.virginia.edu/studentaccounts/forms.html
Hey guys,

I’m from Atlanta and will be living at Ivy Gardens. I enjoy sports and am always up for pickup basketball or a game of tennis.

I’m coming up to Charlottesville this weekend (July 31-August 1), and I was wondering if any of you in town would like to meet up on Saturday for drinks or food.

we should definitely do something saturday. i just moved into ivy also so let me know if you have any questions or anything.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

showNprove

Silver

Post by showNprove » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:27 pm

iceberger wrote:Any non-virginians register for Virginia license plates yet? I'm trying to anticipate how painful this process will be. The dmv website doesn't make it seem like fun.
I will be switching over to Virginia, but I share my car with my fiancée. She is employed and not a full time student, so she needs to get her VA license and registration.

Also, we plan on getting married before school is over, and I should be eligible for in-state residency once we do. That will save us about $7,500, which will more than make up for the tax.

limegreen

Silver

Post by limegreen » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:25 pm

ILikeIke wrote:Anyone already in C'ville have a bank they are happy with and willing to recommend?
There are plenty of Wachovias and BBTs around. I use BBT and am pretty satisfied with it.

My only issue with either is that when searching for them on the iPhone (or just google maps), lots of them pop up that do not actually exist. I drove to two or three little dots that were supposed to be a BBT and nothing, and one that was supposed to be a Wachovia and the same thing happened. I've noticed it happening with a couple of other businesses, too.

green

Bronze

Post by green » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:29 pm

jase1348 wrote:
Atticus Kunk wrote:
Cavalier wrote:
Hey guys,

we should definitely do something saturday. i just moved into ivy also so let me know if you have any questions or anything.
I'm arriving on Wednesday, also in Ivy. I'd be game for something on Saturday.

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:36 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Cavalier

Gold

Post by Cavalier » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:39 pm

Since I had to visit my doctor to get him to sign off on my immunizations and such, I figured I might as well scan the signed forms into my computer in case they get lost, so that I won't have to bother him again.

The "TB Screening" consisted of the following conversation:
"Do you have chest pain?"
"No"
"Do you do drugs?"
"No"
"Have you been to a third world country?"
"No"
"OK, my assistant will sign the form for me."

hokiefan

New

Post by hokiefan » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:09 am

jase1348 wrote:
Atticus Kunk wrote:
Cavalier wrote:
Hey guys,

Do you know why the pool is closed or when it will open again?

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:04 am

Is there a link to the health stuff we're supposed to do? I totally forgot about it.

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:12 am

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

napolnic

Bronze

Post by napolnic » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:26 am

vanwinkle wrote:Is there a link to the health stuff we're supposed to do? I totally forgot about it.
I'm about to get on that (crosses fingers).

But on another note, I strongly approve of the new tar. I decided to take a mental vacation last week and I rewatched the series. Quite satisfying.

jase1348

New

Post by jase1348 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:40 pm

hokiefan wrote:Do you know why the pool is closed or when it will open again?
didn't realize it was closed... the one in the front of the property was definitely opened on saturday.

Cavalier

Gold

Post by Cavalier » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:37 pm

So I just heard about this site: http://gickr.com/

I decided to make me an avatar. The "V" is a little stretched so I might tinker with it later.

hokiefan

New

Post by hokiefan » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:54 pm

jase1348 wrote:
didn't realize it was closed... the one in the front of the property was definitely opened on saturday.
It was open Saturday, but when I went on Sunday the gate was chain locked at about 3pm.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

hokie09

New

Post by hokie09 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:01 pm

hokiefan, are you planning on going to/watching the vt games at all this year? I'm looking for some other Tech people to hang out with.

RVP11

Gold

Post by RVP11 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:25 pm

JSUVA is in the Detroit airport en route to Charlottesville. Excited. TLS meetup soon?

jase1348

New

Post by jase1348 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:46 pm

hokiefan wrote:
jase1348 wrote:
It was open Saturday, but when I went on Sunday the gate was chain locked at about 3pm.

not sure why. the back pool is opened now. i just walked by.

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:18 pm

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

iceberger

Bronze

Post by iceberger » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:37 pm

Cavalier wrote:Since I had to visit my doctor to get him to sign off on my immunizations and such, I figured I might as well scan the signed forms into my computer in case they get lost, so that I won't have to bother him again.

The "TB Screening" consisted of the following conversation:
"Do you have chest pain?"
"No"
"Do you do drugs?"
"No"
"Have you been to a third world country?"
"No"
"OK, my assistant will sign the form for me."

I can only hope mine goes that well, I'm going in tomorrow for the TB test and MMR Booster

showNprove

Silver

Post by showNprove » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:42 pm

YCrevolution wrote:For those moving into C'ville this week, the rain loves you, too: http://www.weather.com/outlook/health/a ... _allergies
Just like ASD...

gladiator

Silver

Post by gladiator » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:54 pm

JSUVA arrived to 85 and sunny. So which one of you is the weather jinx?

Worth noting though it's mostly t-storms which are just an hour or so and then back to sunny, not the all-day downpours/snow storms of ASW.

Hera

New

Post by Hera » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:54 pm

Hi everyone. I'm new to TLS, but I will be attending UVA this fall. I have a few questions that I'm hoping someone on this board can answer. I've tried to search for the answers on the forum before posting, but I apologize in advance in case I somehow end up repeating an already answered question. Thanks in advance.

1. Where's a good place to buy a mattress set in Charlottesville? (I have read about people driving upto IKEA in DC(?) but I won't have a truck or anything to haul stuff so I need a place that delivers).

2. If you used Discover as your student lender, did you sign a Master Promissory Note that did not include a dollar figure for the loan amount? Is this how it is supposed to be or should I be looking to sign additional paperwork?

3. Any Idea when we might get our first loan check or deposit in our bank account? Do you have to set up direct deposit before you get to school?

4. When are we supposed to buy our books? Also, are most people buying supplements ahead of time or taking the wait-and-see approach as recommended by some posters?

Thanks!
Hera

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”