UVA Class of 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
limegreen

Silver

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Post by limegreen » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:46 pm

JSUVA2012 wrote:
green wrote:
limegreen wrote:Anyone else moving up soon?
I'm probably moving early next week (maybe Tuesday), provided I can get everything that I'm supposed to do at home done by then.
I'll be there Monday the 27th!
We'll have to plan another gathering!

ILikeIke

New

Post by ILikeIke » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:16 pm

Victoria's Secret has just added UVA to their "Collegiate Collection" --LinkRemoved--

Unfortunately, though, it's just some sweats and T-shirts- I was hoping for some orange and blue lingerie.

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:35 pm

edit: n/m
Last edited by thesealocust on Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

klp5zf

New

Post by klp5zf » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:50 pm

Hey all,

Has anyone tried to use QuikPay to pay your tuition online? I logged into SIS to look at my bill, but it does not appear that my financial aid has been deducted. Should I pay the tuition minus my aid package? Or should I contact an admin?

Thanks, and I look forward to seeing you all soon!

Cavalier

Gold

Post by Cavalier » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:11 pm

ILikeIke wrote:Victoria's Secret has just added UVA to their "Collegiate Collection" --LinkRemoved--

Unfortunately, though, it's just some sweats and T-shirts- I was hoping for some orange and blue lingerie.
That's lame. All of their gear tells when UVA was founded, but what really matters is who UVA was founded by.
klp5zf wrote:Hey all,

Has anyone tried to use QuikPay to pay your tuition online? I logged into SIS to look at my bill, but it does not appear that my financial aid has been deducted. Should I pay the tuition minus my aid package? Or should I contact an admin?

Thanks, and I look forward to seeing you all soon!
I don't think loans are supposed to appear yet.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:16 pm

geoffree

Bronze

Post by geoffree » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:39 pm

napolnic wrote:
Bosque wrote:You guys talk a lot, huh...
And now we'll pop up on your active topics all the time (unless we're already there).
I'm pretty sure we already pop up on his active topics. He's probably getting pretty annoyed by now.

jase1348

New

Post by jase1348 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:59 pm

anyone moving in before august 1 that needs a couch? it's pretty nice, dark green, standard size in good condition. i'll give it to any of you guys for free but you have to come pick it up

iceberger

Bronze

Post by iceberger » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:42 pm

limegreen wrote:
JSUVA2012 wrote:
green wrote:
limegreen wrote:Anyone else moving up soon?
I'm probably moving early next week (maybe Tuesday), provided I can get everything that I'm supposed to do at home done by then.
I'll be there Monday the 27th!
We'll have to plan another gathering!

Ahh I have so long before I can move up! Three weeks. I'm jealous of everyone whose already up there.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:25 am

RVP11

Gold

Post by RVP11 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:19 am

jase1348 wrote:anyone moving in before august 1 that needs a couch? it's pretty nice, dark green, standard size in good condition. i'll give it to any of you guys for free but you have to come pick it up
Might be interested...would it be a good basement couch? Meaning...could it fit down a tight staircase?

jasofbase2001

New

Post by jasofbase2001 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:59 am

geoffree wrote:
green wrote:
abm256 wrote:The Law School posted a video geared toward incoming 1Ls: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeWofCOvwpk
I also like the "Jeffries and Jeffries" video that links from that video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq953arLXUQ&NR=1

My personal favorite is Klarman
Funny shit. Did you see him on that Supreme Court special that was on PBS last year?
Caitlin Stapleton's intonation reminds me of something from the office. This isn't meant in a mean way at all... I'm just saying.

RVP11

Gold

Post by RVP11 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:58 am

jasofbase2001 wrote:
geoffree wrote:
green wrote:
abm256 wrote:The Law School posted a video geared toward incoming 1Ls: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeWofCOvwpk
I also like the "Jeffries and Jeffries" video that links from that video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq953arLXUQ&NR=1

My personal favorite is Klarman
Funny shit. Did you see him on that Supreme Court special that was on PBS last year?
Caitlin Stapleton's intonation reminds me of something from the office. This isn't meant in a mean way at all... I'm just saying.
Looks and sounds exactly like my ex. :shock:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Bosque

Gold

Post by Bosque » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:17 am

napolnic wrote:
Bosque wrote:You guys talk a lot, huh...
And now we'll pop up on your active topics all the time (unless we're already there).
Just making an observation. The thread is 217 pages long. It seemed like a lot.

jase1348

New

Post by jase1348 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:25 am

JSUVA2012 wrote:
jase1348 wrote:anyone moving in before august 1 that needs a couch? it's pretty nice, dark green, standard size in good condition. i'll give it to any of you guys for free but you have to come pick it up
Might be interested...would it be a good basement couch? Meaning...could it fit down a tight staircase?
it could possibly work... it's somewhat bulky but we did get it through some small doorways. i think i have some pictures of people on it on fb if you want to see.

hokie09

New

Post by hokie09 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:56 am

I think I'm showing up around Aug 6, but will be back and forth a few times that week.

napolnic

Bronze

Post by napolnic » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:54 am

hokie09 wrote:I think I'm showing up around Aug 6, but will be back and forth a few times that week.
I, too, might be pulling that wonderful trick. Because, you know, I like solitary four hour drives in complete silence. But, oh, that light at the end of the tunnel is so very bright.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

green

Bronze

Post by green » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:44 pm

Anyone else get this email?
Dear Incoming Students,

Want to meet your classmates and do something good for the Charlottesville community before orientation even starts? If so, we would like you to be a part of the first Student Bar Association Public Service Day of the 2009-2010 school year on August 16th. The event will run from 10:30am to 2pm and volunteers will either be painting, roofing or doing other maintenance work for the Albemarle Housing Improvement Program, local Charlottesville public schools or another organization in need of some assistance around town. This is an incredible chance to really see how much of a difference you can make, while at the same time meeting great new friends. I highly encourage you to participate.

Because we have to arrange volunteer opportunities with specific local organizations and plan for carpooling and food, it is important that we have an accurate head count in advance. Plus all students participating will get a t-shirt! Please contact Peggy Nicholson (pn5z@virginia.edu) with any questions and to RSVP by July 31st. This event will be over in time to attend the movie event with Professor Coughlin or the lecture event with Professor Garrett should you be planning on attending that as well.

Enjoy the rest of your summer and I look forward to meeting you all in the fall.

Best,

Daniel
--
Daniel J. Rosenthal

President, Student Bar Association
University of Virginia School of Law
Class of 2010
drosenthal@virginia.edu

Cavalier

Gold

Post by Cavalier » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:51 pm

Yes, I got it. And I got one from the bookstore about some new UVA football T-shirt on sale. Yay?

FeElMyEiRe

New

Post by FeElMyEiRe » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:12 pm

green wrote:Anyone else get this email?
Dear Incoming Students,

Want to meet your classmates and do something good for the Charlottesville community before orientation even starts? If so, we would like you to be a part of the first Student Bar Association Public Service Day of the 2009-2010 school year on August 16th. The event will run from 10:30am to 2pm and volunteers will either be painting, roofing or doing other maintenance work for the Albemarle Housing Improvement Program, local Charlottesville public schools or another organization in need of some assistance around town. This is an incredible chance to really see how much of a difference you can make, while at the same time meeting great new friends. I highly encourage you to participate.

Because we have to arrange volunteer opportunities with specific local organizations and plan for carpooling and food, it is important that we have an accurate head count in advance. Plus all students participating will get a t-shirt! Please contact Peggy Nicholson (pn5z@virginia.edu) with any questions and to RSVP by July 31st. This event will be over in time to attend the movie event with Professor Coughlin or the lecture event with Professor Garrett should you be planning on attending that as well.

Enjoy the rest of your summer and I look forward to meeting you all in the fall.

Best,

Daniel
--
Daniel J. Rosenthal

Class of 2010
drosenthal@virginia.edu
Anybody else going to this? Sounds like a fun, fulfilling way to start off our law school careers

napolnic

Bronze

Post by napolnic » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:47 pm

FeElMyEiRe wrote:
green wrote:Anyone else get this email?
Dear Incoming Students,

Best,

Daniel
--
Daniel J. Rosenthal

Class of 2010
drosenthal@virginia.edu
Anybody else going to this? Sounds like a fun, fulfilling way to start off our law school careers
Could be fun. Also, what do we know about the bolded?

edit: nevermind, apparently I haven't obsessed about the orientation schedule enough because it's clearly written as the first (optional) events.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

a.williams

Bronze

Post by a.williams » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:51 pm

napolnic wrote:Could be fun. Also, what do we know about the bolded?

edit: nevermind, apparently I haven't obsessed about the orientation schedule enough because it's clearly written as the first (optional) events.
What's the movie?

napolnic

Bronze

Post by napolnic » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:55 pm

a.williams wrote:

What's the movie?
Both the movie and the topic are listed as TBA. (actually, the schedule says "Move: TBA", but it's pretty clear what they meant)

a.williams

Bronze

Post by a.williams » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:01 pm

napolnic wrote:
a.williams wrote:

What's the movie?
Both the movie and the topic are listed as TBA. (actually, the schedule says "Move: TBA", but it's pretty clear what they meant)
I hope its good and possibly not law related.

abm256

New

Post by abm256 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:06 pm

a.williams wrote:
napolnic wrote:
a.williams wrote:

What's the movie?
I hope its good and possibly not law related.
Last year it was Gattaca.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”