UVA Class of 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
J-Rod

Silver

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Post by J-Rod » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:26 pm

bulldog4574 wrote:You have to respect Robert Horry, the guy does nothing but hit clutch shots.
not to mention play dirty, and act like a punk-bitch . . . lakers/kings, suns/spurs ring any bells . . . not to mention he's the reason there is instant replay in the nba now

limegreen

Silver

Post by limegreen » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:30 pm

I don't like how this is turning into a sports thread! Where are all the girls? Should we start talking about shopping in here?

applepie

Bronze

Post by applepie » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:39 pm

limegreen wrote:I don't like how this is turning into a sports thread! Where are all the girls? Should we start talking about shopping in here?
one thing i noticed lacking in cville was shopping...

laughed pretty hard when I saw banana republic at the barracks west shopping center...yes because I will just be rolling in extra cash for preppy clothes that I usually have to get tailored

limegreen

Silver

Post by limegreen » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:58 pm

applepie wrote:
limegreen wrote:I don't like how this is turning into a sports thread! Where are all the girls? Should we start talking about shopping in here?

laughed pretty hard when I saw banana republic at the barracks west shopping center...yes because I will just be rolling in extra cash for preppy clothes that I usually have to get tailored
Yea, the shopping isn't very good. There are a few cool boutiques a J.Crew which is a plus, but I guess I'll have to do what I do now and just order stuff in and send back what doesn't work. I am on a first name basis with the people at my post office because I do almost all of my shopping this way. At least Richmond is only an hour away, they have some good stores.

applepie

Bronze

Post by applepie » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:01 pm

limegreen wrote:
applepie wrote:

Yea, the shopping isn't very good. There are a few cool boutiques a J.Crew which is a plus, but I guess I'll have to do what I do now and just order stuff in and send back what doesn't work. I am on a first name basis with the people at my post office because I do almost all of my shopping this way. At least Richmond is only an hour away, they have some good stores.
hmm ive always though about this, but hesitated for fear of shipping fees and the urge to shop even more

that said my wardrobe is bare and needs updating....and no matter where I go to law school, my Florida clothes probably wont cut it

where to go for good winter clothes?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TaoTao

New

Post by TaoTao » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:08 pm

NO!!! :lol:

geoffree

Bronze

Post by geoffree » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:17 pm

so i'm a little confused about the ranking system. The average for each class is B+ and I know you can get your ranking for law review purposes. Is that the only way you can get your ranking?

Jim_Stansel

Bronze

Post by Jim_Stansel » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:43 pm

J-Rod wrote:
bulldog4574 wrote:You have to respect Robert Horry, the guy does nothing but hit clutch shots.
not to mention play dirty, and act like a punk-bitch . . . lakers/kings, suns/spurs ring any bells . . . not to mention he's the reason there is instant replay in the nba now
I know, I can't believe the NBA glorified that heinous act in a commercial...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8ulOyoH9Vs

gladiator

Silver

Post by gladiator » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:59 pm

geoffree wrote:so i'm a little confused about the ranking system. The average for each class is B+ and I know you can get your ranking for law review purposes. Is that the only way you can get your ranking?
The 3 general milestones are 3.3, 3.5, and 3.7 which are approximately 50th, 75th, and 90th percentile respectively. Law Review threshold is usually going to be in the 3.7s range.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

crazyinalabama

Bronze

Post by crazyinalabama » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:14 pm

applepie wrote:
limegreen wrote:
applepie wrote:

hmm ive always though about this, but hesitated for fear of shipping fees and the urge to shop even more

that said my wardrobe is bare and needs updating....and no matter where I go to law school, my Florida clothes probably wont cut it

where to go for good winter clothes?

Sad....no Urban Outfitters in Charlottesville...I bet the guys on this thread are cringing that we are actually talking about clothes :D

omg

Bronze

Post by omg » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:17 pm

Hey guys!

I have a good friend who is a male and will be a 2L next fall. He's great - one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet and a serious student without being uptight or anything. He just rented a huge, beautiful house near downtown and is looking for people to fill it up. Email him if you're interested. Here's his blurb...
2L male looking to fill a huge downtown home. House has a big front porch, living room, dining room, washer and dryer, and big yard. Located in a nice neighborhood near the downtown mall. Cost will be $650/month with two people and $433/month with three, utilities not included. Please e-mail nielsenkp@gmail.com or kn9n@virginia.edu and tell me a little about yourself. I can provide a photo of the house upon request.

TaoTao

New

Post by TaoTao » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:20 pm

My SO told me there is an H&M in Richmond. See? I can be part of these conversations as well

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:28 pm

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

limegreen

Silver

Post by limegreen » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:30 pm

There is an Urban Outfitters opening in Cville next month! I just applied for a job there this summer. I am quite sure they won't hire me, I am definitely not hipster enough, but since it's a new store and they take online apps I figured it was a good start in my retail job search.

iceberger

Bronze

Post by iceberger » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:54 pm

limegreen wrote:There is an Urban Outfitters opening in Cville next month! I just applied for a job there this summer. I am quite sure they won't hire me, I am definitely not hipster enough, but since it's a new store and they take online apps I figured it was a good start in my retail job search.

just make sure if you interview you're wearing a hipster scarf or something, you'll be fine.

cakewalker

New

Post by cakewalker » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:58 pm

YCrevolution wrote:I collect neckties... lots of neckties.
+1. Clothing talk certainly shouldn't be the exclusive domain of the ladies! That, and I suck at all sports... woe to the softball team with me on its roster.

For the guys out there, I stepped into this place called The Men & Boy's Shop for a few minutes during my visit. Nice little gem of a boutique on the downtown mall - definitely a reprieve from the blah chains like Men's Warehouse up near Fashion Square.

jdn012

Bronze

Post by jdn012 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:03 pm

what has happened to this thread? :)

(I hope everyone knows that was said in jest)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Cavalier

Gold

Post by Cavalier » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:04 pm

That, and I suck at all sports... woe to the softball team with me on its roster.
+1. I'm decent at ultimate frisbee, but that's about it. I don't think I've played softball since elementary school.

bulldog4574

New

Post by bulldog4574 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:06 pm

Neckties, Men's Wearhouses...Am i gonna feel out of place when i show up to class in a t-shirt and basketball shorts on the first day of class????

geoffree

Bronze

Post by geoffree » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:06 pm

cakewalker wrote:
+1. Clothing talk certainly shouldn't be the exclusive domain of the ladies! That, and I suck at all sports... woe to the softball team with me on its roster.
Same here, but I'm still looking forward to playing (it beats watching). It should be great fun.
Let's just hope some poor team doesn't end up with the both of us.

jdn012

Bronze

Post by jdn012 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:08 pm

geoffree wrote:
cakewalker wrote:
Same here, but I'm still looking forward to playing (it beats watching). It should be great fun.
Let's just hope some poor team doesn't end up with the both of us.
add me to the list of bad softball players.....if we are in the same section, that is going to be quite a show.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

gladiator

Silver

Post by gladiator » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:17 pm

Not everyone has to play softball. There's heavy interest early but declines as the year goes on. Most people don't care how you do though so just have fun.

geoffree

Bronze

Post by geoffree » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:19 pm

^ Thanks for staying active in the thread Gladiator. Helpful stuff :)

extragnarls

New

Post by extragnarls » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:24 pm

Housing--
I've been trying to piece things together from what I've read in this thread, but can anyone advise me as to what I ought to do if I can't get down to C'ville until May to check things out in person? Should I wait until I can assess things in person? Try to put a deposit down on a place at Ivy Gardens?

gladiator

Silver

Post by gladiator » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:29 pm

geoffree wrote:^ Thanks for staying active in the thread Gladiator. Helpful stuff :)
I get the pleasure of being a pseudo-PA without having to go through the application process or having any official responsibilities.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”