UVA Class of 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
JSCASEWESTERNRESERVE

New

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Post by JSCASEWESTERNRESERVE » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:47 pm

Jim_Stansel wrote:
JSCASEWESTERNRESERVE wrote:
JSUVA2012 wrote:It's actually kind of amazing that, in 200 pages, we've only had 2 trolls. I'm of course not counting JSCASEWESTERNRESERVEUNIVERSITYSCHOOLOFLAW2012.
much appreciated!
Why don't you ever post in the Case Western Reserve University School of Western School of Reserve University Case Western Law Reserve School of Law Class of 2012 thread? I'm beginning to think you're not a real person.
for starters, do you have any idea how strange it is to have your reality questioned? plenty of people have leveled plenty of accusations against me in my time, but even my most ardent detractors tend to concede that I am at the least real.

as for why I don't post in other threads, it comes down to a kind of 'bloody marry' thing, except instead of saying my name three times in a mirror you just have to mention it once in a thread and BAM.

RVP11

Gold

Post by RVP11 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:53 pm

extragnarls wrote:
JSUVA2012 wrote:It's actually kind of amazing that, in 200 pages, we've only had 2 trolls. I'm of course not counting JSCASEWESTERNRESERVEUNIVERSITYSCHOOLOFLAW2012.
The CO/2012 threads are tough for the trolls to infiltrate, since everyone in the thread is naturally unified against them, and the instigators they so desperately rely upon are few.

Also, lost in the shuffle of the previous pages was a question I'm interested in, too: How/where is everyone planning to get their furniture?
I am moving all my stuff in this 6x7x8 cube and it gets shipped across the country for ~$1800.

--ImageRemoved--

I will be interesting to see how I can fit my mattress, bed, couch, huge desk, dresser, TV stand, TV, and a bunch of boxes of clothes and books in this thing.

philosophy

New

Post by philosophy » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:58 pm

JSUVA2012 wrote:
I will be interesting to see how I can fit my mattress, bed, couch, huge desk, dresser, TV stand, TV, and a bunch of boxes of clothes and books in this thing.
moving: the greatest jigsaw puzzle

extragnarls

New

Post by extragnarls » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:05 pm

philosophy wrote: i'll be bringing all the furniture from my current apt, which will more than fill my new one. what's your style? there are a few furniture stores in the area that span most styles/budgets. if you give a bit more info, i can do my best to direct.
Ah, I'm in the opposite situation, unfortunately. Bringing a few things, but moving into a larger space than I had previously, so I need bulk items like a new bed, couch, shelves, desk, etc. I'm hoping to find a comfortable couch, but apart from that I'd like things that are cheap so I don't have to be attached to them if I move. Plain/simple things are fine with me, even preferred.

I wish I could've been in Charlottesville during move-out season, but does anyone know what to expect in terms of yard sales and craigslist postings in early-mid August?

extragnarls

New

Post by extragnarls » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:07 pm

JSUVA2012 wrote: I will be interesting to see how I can fit my mattress, bed, couch, huge desk, dresser, TV stand, TV, and a bunch of boxes of clothes and books in this thing.
Good luck. I've done this before (well, with a minivan instead of a POD), and it's actually kind of fun. Until you realize something you really want to bring isn't going to fit unless you re-work the entire thing...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

gladiator

Silver

Post by gladiator » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:09 pm

Bed: http://www.sleephappens.com
Desk: Staples
Shelves: Bed, Bath, and Beyond

philosophy

New

Post by philosophy » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:30 pm

extragnarls wrote: Ah, I'm in the opposite situation, unfortunately. Bringing a few things, but moving into a larger space than I had previously, so I need bulk items like a new bed, couch, shelves, desk, etc. I'm hoping to find a comfortable couch, but apart from that I'd like things that are cheap so I don't have to be attached to them if I move. Plain/simple things are fine with me, even preferred.

I wish I could've been in Charlottesville during move-out season, but does anyone know what to expect in terms of yard sales and craigslist postings in early-mid August?
this seems like great advice:
gladiator wrote:Bed: http://www.sleephappens.com
Desk: Staples
Shelves: Bed, Bath, and Beyond
also, charlottesville isn't a tiny city, so it's not completely dependent upon student traffic. still, i'd check craigslist early august rather than later, as most students will have likely ravaged the furniture section by mid to late august.

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:40 pm

edit: n/m
Last edited by thesealocust on Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TopFiveRecords

New

Post by TopFiveRecords » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:47 pm

Just wanted to say hi! I'll be joining you all next fall, and I really can't wait to get to Charlottesville.
I'm from AZ and moving in to the Huntington Village apartments with two other 1Ls around the first week of August.

I have been lurking for a while (and proudly read the entire thread in about 2 weeks).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

gladiator

Silver

Post by gladiator » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:58 pm

thesealocust wrote:Man, I just decided on a whim to head over the C/O 2011 thread and start from today's date last year and read on... in about ~3 weeks the posting turned from idle speculation into detailed meet up plans for pretty much every night, it made me stupid excited... then absolutely nothing of any substance was posted after 7 PM the night before orientation

I'm still trying to decide if that's ominous or not...
After that, enough of us had seen each other in the real world to eliminate the need for TLS as a communication device. Around the Friday before Orientation things kick into high gear. If I were you guys, I would definitely hang out before school begins because it'll give you a comparative social advantage heading into Orientation and the beginning of school is very section oriented so it's best to make friends with people who will likely be in other sections so you have a larger social circle and aren't limited by the section isolation that tends to occur.

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:00 pm

Last edited by thesealocust on Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CE2JD

Silver

Post by CE2JD » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:02 pm

thesealocust wrote:Man, I just decided on a whim to head over the C/O 2011 thread and start from today's date last year and read on... in about ~3 weeks the posting turned from idle speculation into detailed meet up plans for pretty much every night, it made me stupid excited... then absolutely nothing of any substance was posted after 7 PM the night before orientation

--ImageRemoved--

Are you ready to take the blue pill sealocust?

Also, on an unrelated note: I always read your username as "the sealocaust" as in some kind of holocaust involving seals. :( :( :(

Now that I've finally taken the time to read it, I don't picture you as such a cruel person.
Last edited by CE2JD on Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CE2JD

Silver

Post by CE2JD » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:06 pm

thesealocust wrote:
gladiator wrote:

After that, enough of us had seen each other in the real world to eliminate the need for TLS as a communication device. Around the Friday before Orientation things kick into high gear. If I were you guys, I would definitely hang out before school begins because it'll give you a comparative social advantage heading into Orientation and the beginning of school is very section oriented so it's best to make friends with people who will likely be in other sections so you have a larger social circle and aren't limited by the section isolation that tends to occur.
Social Gunners!!
It sounds like high school all over again.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

RVP11

Gold

Post by RVP11 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:09 pm

CE2JD wrote:
thesealocust wrote:
gladiator wrote:

Social Gunners!!
It sounds like high school all over again.
I'm going to hook up with the best looking girl and beat up the strongest guy in my quest to be the BMOC.

gladiator

Silver

Post by gladiator » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:11 pm

Honestly it is exactly like high school except people aren't viciously mean to each other and there are no skater kids.

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:18 pm

lkjhg8844

New

Post by lkjhg8844 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:20 pm

Anyone else living in a 1BR? hoping I won't be too socially isolated due to this.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

gladiator

Silver

Post by gladiator » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:28 pm

lkjhg8844 wrote:Anyone else living in a 1BR? hoping I won't be too socially isolated due to this.
Given the myriad of planned social activities, it's pretty hard to be socially isolated unless you go out of your way to isolate yourself.

showNprove

Silver

Post by showNprove » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:34 pm

lkjhg8844 wrote:Anyone else living in a 1BR? hoping I won't be too socially isolated due to this.
Does living with your SO count? :P

Come the end of July, we need to schedule some outings.

Kohinoor

Gold

Post by Kohinoor » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:15 pm

So if we opt for the UVA healthcare plan, we can have our aid adjusted accordingly?

Kohinoor

Gold

Post by Kohinoor » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:16 pm

showNprove wrote:
Does living with your SO count? :P

Come the end of July, we need to schedule some outings.
This.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

iceberger

Bronze

Post by iceberger » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:36 pm

Kohinoor wrote:So if we opt for the UVA healthcare plan, we can have our aid adjusted accordingly?

I think our aid is already adjusted or taking into account purchasing healthcare. I think that's why it's about 2,000 more for the fall than the spring. I could be wrong though.

philosophy

New

Post by philosophy » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:40 pm

i plan to remedy this:
gladiator wrote:and there are no skater kids.

CE2JD

Silver

Post by CE2JD » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:45 pm

gladiator wrote:Honestly it is exactly like high school except people aren't viciously mean to each other and there are no skater kids.
Well, that clinches it. I'm going to have zero friends in law school.

philosophy

New

Post by philosophy » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:19 pm

CE2JD wrote:
gladiator wrote:Honestly it is exactly like high school except people aren't viciously mean to each other and there are no skater kids.
Well, that clinches it. I'm going to have zero friends in law school.
see my previous post! friends already!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”