Which schools have the most annoying application forms? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
wjun15

Bronze

Re: Which schools have the most annoying application forms?

Post by wjun15 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:27 am

hey this might be the dumbest question yet, but are you guys all applying through the LSAC site? If you are, do you just add the schools and click start on app and youre set? Or are you guys applying through the individual school's website?

is there an advantage of either one? besides convenience to the applicant

rundoxierun

Gold

Post by rundoxierun » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:33 am

I refuse to do UPenn's optional essays.

afcanoe

Bronze

Post by afcanoe » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:00 am

tkgrrett wrote:I refuse to do UPenn's optional essays.
Aren't you required to write one of them?

rundoxierun

Gold

Post by rundoxierun » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:00 am

afcanoe wrote:
Yep.. which means Im probably not applying to Penn..

JJDancer

Gold

Post by JJDancer » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:48 am

wjun15 wrote:hey this might be the dumbest question yet, but are you guys all applying through the LSAC site? If you are, do you just add the schools and click start on app and youre set? Or are you guys applying through the individual school's website?

is there an advantage of either one? besides convenience to the applicant
Yes you apply through LSAC and create a "school list" then you click on each individual school in the list to start that app - most of them are pretty short 2-5 pages (some of which is just "have you been arrested" stuff and others have optional parental info etc). You attach your resume ps etc as electronic attachments and click submit! Yay. you are done.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

pjo

Silver

Post by pjo » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:59 am

I remeber from years past that applicaitons with a PS 500 word limit basically just mean 2 pages, which is standard for most law schools anyway. (I'm not just making this up either, last year someone called GWU and they said just keep it to 2 pages and you're fine).

Aside, whats up with these "evaluation forms"? Sorry if this has been covered. Since I've been back to school I haven't been able to access internet for 2 weeks. I finally went to go apply this weekend and Case Western only let me use 1 LOR and they reccommend 1-2 "evaluation" forms, which I don't have. I sent my app in without it and a big yellow triangle with an exclamation point appeared by my application. Are they going to look poorly upon my application because I don't have that? FWIW my numbers are above both 75%'s.

JJDancer

Gold

Post by JJDancer » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:08 pm

pjo wrote:I remeber from years past that applicaitons with a PS 500 word limit basically just mean 2 pages, which is standard for most law schools anyway. (I'm not just making this up either, last year someone called GWU and they said just keep it to 2 pages and you're fine).

Aside, whats up with these "evaluation forms"? Sorry if this has been covered. Since I've been back to school I haven't been able to access internet for 2 weeks. I finally went to go apply this weekend and Case Western only let me use 1 LOR and they reccommend 1-2 "evaluation" forms, which I don't have. I sent my app in without it and a big yellow triangle with an exclamation point appeared by my application. Are they going to look poorly upon my application because I don't have that? FWIW my numbers are above both 75%'s.
Evaluations just ask recommenders or evaluators to compare you to other students they had in different categories.
Like he was the "top 5%" of students I ever had or had the writing skills in the top 50% ..
Most schools don't care about these at all yet since they are new.
It's still really early so if you want to be super safe then get 1 prof to fill out an eval for you.
However, if you are above both 75 and since its recommended but not required, I personally wouldn't worry about it.

Platinum

Post by 02122015 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:57 pm

tkgrrett wrote:
afcanoe wrote:
Yep.. which means Im probably not applying to Penn..
That's why I gave up on Penn last year. If any of their essay options weren't stupid, then maybe I'd have applied.

wjun15

Bronze

Post by wjun15 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:35 pm

are you allowed to apply to a school late october even though youre taking the december lsat? like can u have the score sent to the school once in comes out? i will be taking the october lsat but theres a chance i will take the december too.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Gold

Post by 4102011 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:35 pm

I am really annoyed with Stanford and their e-mail expiration date (srsly whaaaat) and need of class rank/# of kids in my class.

And they and NYU want me to put my resume into their forms in really annoying ways, and it's confusing me and is just not fun. Ugh...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”