Mean LSAT by UG College Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
markymark

Bronze

Re: Mean LSAT by UG College

Post by markymark » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:06 pm

chief915 wrote:
markymark wrote:
im_blue wrote:

In the midwest, WUSTL is known as the poor man's Northwestern. They've only risen in the rankings recently by buying high SAT scores and glossy marketing materials. Their USNWR academic reputation score still lags far behind their overall rank - it's barely in the top 25, tied with Texas/Vandy, and below Wisconsin, UNC, UVa, Rice, and CMU. So it wouldn't surprise me at all if, on average, their students have high SAT scores but are less competent than their peers at Northwestern, Chicago, and Notre Dame. A top 12 undergrad, it ain't.

TITCR.

Their test scores aren't even that impressive for "top 12." Hell, ND is ranked 18th and boasts better admissions stats.

WUSTL middle 50%= 30-33
ND middle 50% = 32-34

ETA: I'd attend pretty much any other school in the top 25 before attending WUSTL. Also, WUSTL's yield protecting ways are notorious amongst high school counselors.
It really is a great place, but out of curiosity, where did you choose to attend instead?

dartmouth

chief915

New

Post by chief915 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:22 pm

Older and farther East, longer established, great rep. (as everyone knows)
How did you like it there?

Diamond

Post by 20160810 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:43 pm

UCB's would be higher if 2/3 of the UG student body weren't non-native English speakers.

Tave

New

Post by Tave » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:45 pm

Gustavus Adolphus College: 155
University of Wyoming: 150

dickie

New

Post by dickie » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:12 pm

Anyone know Holy Cross mean?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

prezidentv8

Gold

Post by prezidentv8 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:15 pm

Last edited by prezidentv8 on Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

dickie

New

Post by dickie » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:32 pm

Answered my on question: Holy Cross 156

Thought it might be higher since I was around the middle of the class but scored much higher than that...

mike8153

New

Post by mike8153 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:47 pm

So much WashU hate here for some reason.

And no one calls WashU a poor man's Northwestern. That doesn't even make sense.

Silver

Post by 06132010 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:48 pm

mike8153 wrote:So much WashU hate here for some reason.

And no one calls WashU a poor man's Northwestern. That doesn't even make sense.
I've got nothing against Wash U.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

DOS

New

Post by DOS » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:23 pm

Yes I had a friend who went to Wash U UG and I went to UMich. He would always tell me how much harder he had it competing against Wash U students than I did competing against students who went to a state school with a good football program (at least it had a good football at the time). He would then add something like Michigan is decent school too so not to hurt my feelings. I think he meant it seriousily too, since he referred to the respective USNews rank multiple times.

I would humor him conceding that it might be a slightly better. However it looks like the UG LSAT mean scores of the two are exactly the same. And I believe the curves at my school were tougher.

This chart is a very interesting window on UG quality.

rayiner

Platinum

Post by rayiner » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:29 pm

DOS wrote:Yes I had a friend who went to Wash U UG and I went to UMich. He would always tell me how much harder he had it competing against Wash U students than I did competing against students who went to a state school with a good football program (at least it had a good football at the time). He would then add something like Michigan is decent school too so not to hurt my feelings. I think he meant it seriousily too, since he referred to the respective USNews rank multiple times.

I would humor him conceding that it might be a slightly better. However it looks like the UG LSAT mean scores of the two are exactly the same. And I believe the curves at my school were tougher.

This chart is a very interesting window on UG quality.
Lol, dooder sounds like an insufferable git. I know bunches of HYPS + C/M people, and none of them ever did shit like that. They didn't have to --- nobody forgets where those schools are in the rankings...

Marko Ramius

New

Post by Marko Ramius » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:31 pm

rayiner wrote:Lol, dooder sounds like an insufferable git. I know bunches of HYPS + C/M people, and none of them ever did shit like that. They didn't have to --- nobody forgets where those schools are in the rankings...
Take back what you said about Duke, bitch. Take it back.

Dick Whitman

Bronze

Post by Dick Whitman » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:36 pm

My LSAT score was 27 points higher than my schools mean :?

I don't think I'm going to run into many alumni as a lawyer :(

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

rayiner

Platinum

Post by rayiner » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:38 pm

Marko Ramius wrote:
rayiner wrote:Lol, dooder sounds like an insufferable git. I know bunches of HYPS + C/M people, and none of them ever did shit like that. They didn't have to --- nobody forgets where those schools are in the rankings...
Sorry!

Duke is a solid top 10!

Marko Ramius

New

Post by Marko Ramius » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:39 pm

rayiner wrote:
Marko Ramius wrote:
Sorry!

Duke is a solid top 10!
Sure . . .but who really gives a damn? :P

BeastCoastHype

New

Post by BeastCoastHype » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:51 pm

I suspect that the people who really care about undergrad rank etc. haven't spent much time in the working world. No one gives a shit where you went to college after it's over. Everyone is thrown back into the same bucket, with Harvard grads working alongside (and competing against) Ole Miss grads. WUSTL grads could be 12th or 6th or 35th and no one would treat them differently, and Duke grads will never matter anyway. A diploma can be a nice shiny sticker to put on your wall, but it doesn't impress/matter to anyone with any life experience.

mallard

Silver

Post by mallard » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:53 pm

BeastCoastHype wrote:I suspect that the people who really care about undergrad rank etc. haven't spent much time in the working world. No one gives a shit where you went to college after it's over. Everyone is thrown back into the same bucket, with Harvard grads working alongside (and competing against) Ole Miss grads. WUSTL grads could be 12th or 6th or 35th and no one would treat them differently, and Duke grads will never matter anyway. A diploma can be a nice shiny sticker to put on your wall, but it doesn't impress/matter to anyone with any life experience.
This is not really true in the legal profession, from what I know.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

BeastCoastHype

New

Post by BeastCoastHype » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:57 pm

mallard wrote:
BeastCoastHype wrote:I suspect that the people who really care about undergrad rank etc. haven't spent much time in the working world. No one gives a shit where you went to college after it's over. Everyone is thrown back into the same bucket, with Harvard grads working alongside (and competing against) Ole Miss grads. WUSTL grads could be 12th or 6th or 35th and no one would treat them differently, and Duke grads will never matter anyway. A diploma can be a nice shiny sticker to put on your wall, but it doesn't impress/matter to anyone with any life experience.
This is not really true in the legal profession, from what I know.
Sure, but law is different from everything else. Even in the legal profession though no one cares about your undergrad degree, only where you went and how you did in law school.

mallard

Silver

Post by mallard » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:59 pm

BeastCoastHype wrote:Sure, but law is different from everything else. Even in the legal profession though no one cares about your undergrad degree, only where you went and how you did in law school.
Hoping this is true, but I'm not all that confident about it. Undergrad certainly matters a lot at other New York corporate gigs like hedge funds and i-banking.

BeastCoastHype

New

Post by BeastCoastHype » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:01 pm

mallard wrote:
BeastCoastHype wrote:Sure, but law is different from everything else. Even in the legal profession though no one cares about your undergrad degree, only where you went and how you did in law school.
Hoping this is true, but I'm not all that confident about it. Undergrad certainly matters a lot at other New York corporate gigs like hedge funds and i-banking.
Somewhat. That all depends more on who you know than where you went.

green

Bronze

Post by green » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:07 pm

chief915 wrote:Older and farther East, longer established, great rep. (as everyone knows)
How did you like it there?
Dartmouth has it's ups and downs.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

youpiiz

Bronze

Post by youpiiz » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:11 am

SoftBoiledLife wrote:UCB's would be higher if 2/3 of the UG student body weren't non-native English speakers.
excuuuuse me sir :evil:

Mosca

Bronze

Post by Mosca » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:33 am

Last edited by Mosca on Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

js87

Bronze

Post by js87 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:52 am

Florida Atlantic University - 147 mean :( Which puts me in the top 5% from my school (and I'm still planning on retaking)

el_gaucho

New

Post by el_gaucho » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:16 am

afterglow99 wrote:McGill = 159
Afterglow99, we're cousins.

Concordia University, 152.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”