How To Get Off A Waitlist Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
GatorPi

New

How To Get Off A Waitlist

Post by GatorPi » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:32 pm

Anybody have any good tactics for getting off WLs? I've officially been put on 3 now and I want to do everything in my power to get off of them and onto the Acceptance List :)

srb

New

Re: How To Get Off A Waitlist

Post by srb » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:33 pm

BJs and fresh baked cookies.

lloydchristmas

New

Post by lloydchristmas » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:34 pm

I'm wondering the same thing. Only waitlists for me so far. Frustrating..... Our LSAT is just below what a lot of schools want. sucks.

GatorPi wrote:Anybody have any good tactics for getting off WLs? I've officially been put on 3 now and I want to do everything in my power to get off of them and onto the Acceptance List :)

Boscov

New

Post by Boscov » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:44 pm

srb wrote:BJs and fresh baked cookies.
I suggest calling the admissions offices of each school to gauge what kind of cookies they enjoy best. Perhaps a box of godiva chocolates, but do you go assorted or do you fork up the big bucks for strict milk chocolate assortment?

In all seriousness though, do call re: cookies.

Anonymous0L

Post by Anonymous0L » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:46 pm

Donate.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lloydchristmas

New

Post by lloydchristmas » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:47 pm

How much?....half serious.
Jwatson wrote:Donate.

Anonymous0L

Post by Anonymous0L » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:48 pm

lloydchristmas wrote:How much?....half serious.
anywhere between 100,000 (get you off the WL)-50,000,000 (Guaranteed Admissions for your next 5 generations) should do the trick.
Last edited by Anonymous0L on Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flhealth

Bronze

Post by flhealth » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:48 pm

lloydchristmas wrote:I'm wondering the same thing. Only waitlists for me so far. Frustrating..... Our LSAT is just below what a lot of schools want. sucks.

GatorPi wrote:Anybody have any good tactics for getting off WLs? I've officially been put on 3 now and I want to do everything in my power to get off of them and onto the Acceptance List :)
i do not see any safeties much less targets on your profile list...all reaches

angiej

Silver

Post by angiej » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:50 pm

Jwatson wrote:
anywhere between 100,000 (get you off the WL)-50,000,000 (Guaranteed Admissions for your next 5 generations) should do the trick.
If one could feasibly do that, they probably do not need to go to law school.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous0L

Post by Anonymous0L » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:51 pm

angiej wrote:
Jwatson wrote:
um hello? parents bragging rights! :lol:

srb

New

Post by srb » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:54 pm

angiej wrote:
Jwatson wrote:
They do if they want to be a lawyer. Just because they're rich doesn't mean they don't want to work.

lloydchristmas

New

Post by lloydchristmas » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:59 pm

I know, but i figure go big or go home. Worst comes to worst take the year off i guess and re study. Not looking for scholarship money or anything like that, and don't have loans or anything from college. Just want to go to a good school.

flhealth wrote:
lloydchristmas wrote:I'm wondering the same thing. Only waitlists for me so far. Frustrating..... Our LSAT is just below what a lot of schools want. sucks.

i do not see any safeties much less targets on your profile list...all reaches

GatorPi

New

Post by GatorPi » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:01 pm

Ok, in all seriousness, I need some help!! LOCIs and more recs I've got. Anybody have any other ideas? Visit the school, beg the dean, etc??

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

flhealth

Bronze

Post by flhealth » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:06 pm

GatorPi wrote:Ok, in all seriousness, I need some help!! LOCIs and more recs I've got. Anybody have any other ideas? Visit the school, beg the dean, etc??
what specific school....depends on the school

TheCure0013

New

Post by TheCure0013 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:08 pm

GatorPi wrote:Ok, in all seriousness, I need some help!! LOCIs and more recs I've got. Anybody have any other ideas? Visit the school, beg the dean, etc??
Retake the LSAT in June and submit your new (higher :)) score to the schools. There's a thread on here dedicated to doing that and a few people have had success with it.

Dead Ringer

Bronze

Post by Dead Ringer » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:35 pm

um hello? parents bragging rights! :lol[/quote]

Family friend went to Chicago Law and then didn't do any work (working for a foundation doesn't count) for the rest of her life so far.

GatorPi

New

Post by GatorPi » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:38 pm

flhealth wrote:

The schools I've been WL at so far are FSU (sad I know, I'm pissed), UF, and Bama. Bama is my first choice.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Motoxer52

New

Post by Motoxer52 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:42 pm

GatorPi wrote:
flhealth wrote:

The schools I've been WL at so far are FSU (sad I know, I'm pissed), UF, and Bama. Bama is my first choice.
Have you visited each school yet?

gottaloveJAG

New

Post by gottaloveJAG » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:47 pm

I'm waitlisted at American and Wake Forest.

Any suggestions for getting off of their waitlist and onto their acceptance list?

I'm about to mail them a copy of an official univeristy notice that I just received in the mail that I made the Dean's List last semester.

GatorPi

New

Post by GatorPi » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:53 pm

Motoxer52 wrote:
GatorPi wrote:
flhealth wrote:

No I havent visited any of them...think that would help? To go there and meet with an admissions officer or something?

lloydchristmas

New

Post by lloydchristmas » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:54 pm

What are your numbers if you dont mind me asking. URM?
gottaloveJAG wrote:I'm waitlisted at American and Wake Forest.

Any suggestions for getting off of their waitlist and onto their acceptance list?

I'm about to mail them a copy of an official univeristy notice that I just received in the mail that I made the Dean's List last semester.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

hdg315

New

Post by hdg315 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:59 pm

From what I've heard, the best thing is to visit a school and try to talk to an admissions officer, then follow-up with thank you not/ how the visit reinforced that you really love the school

Motoxer52

New

Post by Motoxer52 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:59 pm

GatorPi wrote:
Motoxer52 wrote:
GatorPi wrote:
flhealth wrote: LOCIs and more recs I've got. Anybody have any other ideas? Visit the school, beg the dean, etc??

No I havent visited any of them...think that would help? To go there and meet with an admissions officer or something?[/quote]
Yep. Introduce yourself to the admissions staff and be very polite. After your visit send a LOCI highlighting your trip and the certain things you enjoyed about the campus. Also, in the LOCI, be sure to tell them that they are your number 1 choice and you will attend if admitted. Good luck

JJim1919

New

Post by JJim1919 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:03 pm

Motoxer52 wrote: Yep. Introduce yourself to the admissions staff and be very polite. After your visit send a LOCI highlighting your trip and the certain things you enjoyed about the campus. Also, in the LOCI, be sure to tell them that they are your number 1 choice and you will attend if admitted. Good luck
What do you think is the best way to meet with an admissions officer? What context should you use for wanting to meet with them (I assume they will ask a reason for the meeting)?

Motoxer52

New

Post by Motoxer52 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:22 pm

JJim1919 wrote:
Motoxer52 wrote: Yep. Introduce yourself to the admissions staff and be very polite. After your visit send a LOCI highlighting your trip and the certain things you enjoyed about the campus. Also, in the LOCI, be sure to tell them that they are your number 1 choice and you will attend if admitted. Good luck
What do you think is the best way to meet with an admissions officer? What context should you use for wanting to meet with them (I assume they will ask a reason for the meeting)?
I would say call their office and inform them you will be coming to visit X date at X time to tour the campus. Ask if you can schedule an appointment to sit down with an admissions officer to introduce yourself.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”