So, anybody ready to quit their jobs yet? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Who32

New

Re: So, anybody ready to quit their jobs yet?

Post by Who32 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:57 am

Hook 'Em wrote:
Other25BeforeYou wrote: I feel really bad because I've just completely zoned out during work. I just browse the internet and pretend that I'm working on important things. I like my coworkers and like my bosses and like the work I do, I just don't seem capable of concentrating. All I can think about is getting the hell out of this stupid office.
I feel the exact same way. I was trying to stay until August 3 so I could keep my benefits for August, but there is no way that I can make it. There is a very good chance that I'll make July 17 my last day.
+1 I'm sure the extra paycheck would come in handy, but I literally don't do a thing at work anymore. It's like a case of senioritis.

penni_rose

Bronze

Post by penni_rose » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:23 am

Other25BeforeYou wrote:My last day of work is one month from today. Between July 17th and law school starting I'll be going on a trip with friends, relaxing at home, packing, moving to Ithaca and getting in a last month of fun before I buckle down.

I feel really bad because I've just completely zoned out during work. I just browse the internet and pretend that I'm working on important things. I like my coworkers and like my bosses and like the work I do, I just don't seem capable of concentrating. All I can think about is getting the hell out of this stupid office.

Here's to next month.
I'm completely with you on the zoning out. I think I've checked out more or less completely now.

steindle

Bronze

Post by steindle » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:00 pm

Screw it, July 24th will be my last day. I was going to hang in there until July 31 but life is too short, I have enough money, and this job is much, much too boring.

Other25BeforeYou

Silver

Post by Other25BeforeYou » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:23 pm

Hook 'Em wrote:
Other25BeforeYou wrote: I feel really bad because I've just completely zoned out during work. I just browse the internet and pretend that I'm working on important things. I like my coworkers and like my bosses and like the work I do, I just don't seem capable of concentrating. All I can think about is getting the hell out of this stupid office.
I feel the exact same way. I was trying to stay until August 3 so I could keep my benefits for August, but there is no way that I can make it. There is a very good chance that I'll make July 17 my last day.
Heh. I feel like because it's my last month at this job and it's somewhere I might come back to either after getting the JD or for a summer, I should be giving everything my all and doing the best work possible. And yet, somehow, I'm even getting lazy about switching to something work-related when someone walks by my computer screen. I think, "Oh, someone's coming, I should probably click away from [pointless website]. Eh. Screw it." I suck.

2012orbust

New

Post by 2012orbust » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:28 pm

One of my friends calls this "lame-ducking."
Who32 wrote:
Hook 'Em wrote:
+1 I'm sure the extra paycheck would come in handy, but I literally don't do a thing at work anymore. It's like a case of senioritis.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jcl2

Bronze

Post by jcl2 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:22 pm

I feel really bad because I've just completely zoned out during work. I just browse the internet and pretend that I'm working on important things. I like my coworkers and like my bosses and like the work I do, I just don't seem capable of concentrating. All I can think about is getting the hell out of this stupid office.
I was starting to feel this way when I thought I would be starting school this fall. Once I decided to wait a year I thought it would be easy to get back to working hard, but I just haven't been able to get motivated. It is going to be a long year.

Spaceman_Stiff

New

Post by Spaceman_Stiff » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:03 pm

penni_rose wrote:
Other25BeforeYou wrote:My last day of work is one month from today. Between July 17th and law school starting I'll be going on a trip with friends, relaxing at home, packing, moving to Ithaca and getting in a last month of fun before I buckle down.

Here's to next month.
I'm completely with you on the zoning out. I think I've checked out more or less completely now.
+1

My last day is the 17th of July as well, and believe me, I'm skipping town ASAP after that. I surf the web, chit-chat with my co-workers, and post on TLS. I feel kind of bad, but I've busted my ass at this job for the time I've been here, and the only reason I'm staying on is they want me to train the person taking my place. Oh and the regular pay-check :).

Hook 'Em

Bronze

Post by Hook 'Em » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:16 pm

Other25BeforeYou wrote:
Hook 'Em wrote:
Heh. I feel like because it's my last month at this job and it's somewhere I might come back to either after getting the JD or for a summer, I should be giving everything my all and doing the best work possible. And yet, somehow, I'm even getting lazy about switching to something work-related when someone walks by my computer screen. I think, "Oh, someone's coming, I should probably click away from [pointless website]. Eh. Screw it." I suck.
I feel bad because my boss and my co-workers are cool, but I'm already mentally checked out. I found out that I probably wouldn't get benefits for August (cheap bastards), so July 17 is officialy my last day. 21 days and counting :mrgreen: .

penni_rose

Bronze

Post by penni_rose » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:49 pm

15 days! Last day is July 10, but we're taking 3rd as a holiday. Then it's off to Europe. :D I've never been so I'm excited.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

emoticons777

Bronze

Post by emoticons777 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:54 pm

Just gave notice! 35 Days!

TheNerdProject

Bronze

Post by TheNerdProject » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:55 pm

Quit mine last week. LOVING life right now!

hoffb86

Bronze

Post by hoffb86 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:10 pm

37 days, 3 hours, 19 minutes and 9 seconds

penni_rose

Bronze

Post by penni_rose » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:39 pm

11 days (not counting today).

The last two days at work were filled with a constant beeping. It was awful. Some battery was dying on our server. They finally replaced it yesterday, though. I can stop going crazy. My boss joked this morning that the beeping was punishment because I'm leaving.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

crash90

New

Post by crash90 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:31 pm

Set my last day! Aug 7!

I get to spend the last month training my replacement! Life is sweet!!

teaadntoast

Bronze

Post by teaadntoast » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:41 pm

jcl2 wrote:
I was starting to feel this way when I thought I would be starting school this fall. Once I decided to wait a year I thought it would be easy to get back to working hard, but I just haven't been able to get motivated. It is going to be a long year.
+1

Other25BeforeYou

Silver

Post by Other25BeforeYou » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:43 pm

Three and a half more weeks shouldn't feel very long when you've been working somewhere for more than a year, but right now it feels like an eternity.

This is almost as bad as waiting for LSAT scores, but not quite, because I can't really convince myself that through some fluke my last day could be at any moment. Unless I died or fell into a coma or something.

Spaceman_Stiff

New

Post by Spaceman_Stiff » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:46 am

Other25BeforeYou wrote:Three and a half more weeks shouldn't feel very long when you've been working somewhere for more than a year, but right now it feels like an eternity.

This is almost as bad as waiting for LSAT scores, but not quite, because I can't really convince myself that through some fluke my last day could be at any moment. Unless I died or fell into a coma or something.
This describes it perfectly. I can't constantly "Workstatus.com" and see if I can just fucking leave already.

I'm visiting the law school over this weekend, and I really am thinking about just taking what i can up via the plane there and never ever coming back. Who needs all this stuff anyways?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

starky259

New

Post by starky259 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:08 am

My last day is today, I am getting a catered lunch. Cuban food is great!!!! :D

steindle

Bronze

Post by steindle » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:17 pm

I put in my "4 weeks" about 5 minutes ago.

What a relief.

Rusty McGuns

New

Post by Rusty McGuns » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:22 pm

These last few weeks are hell... my attempts to be productive are a complete FAIL.

mardimar

New

Post by mardimar » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:25 pm

Last edited by mardimar on Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

misssle

New

Post by misssle » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Rusty McGuns wrote:These last few weeks are hell... my attempts to be productive are a complete FAIL.
+1

I have absolutely no motivation at work. The only time I smile is when people talk about me leaving. Ha. My last day is Aug 7. It feels like an eternity from now.

I hope I don't eventually feel this way about law school, just going through the motions waiting for it to be over. Hmmm

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:40 pm

YES. Get me the heck out of here........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

hiro86

Bronze

Post by hiro86 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:01 am

Sadly I have another year of crappy work ahead of me... damn.

richardfitzwell

New

Post by richardfitzwell » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:04 am

5 more days of work for me. I was going to work till Aug 14 couldn't stand my job or manager anymore so I put my two week in last week. This July 4th means independence from my bullshit job :)(:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”