do i have to go to law school to take the Bar? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
whyamidoingthis

Bronze

Re: do i have to go to law school to take the Bar?

Post by whyamidoingthis » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:37 pm

MidwestJosh wrote:Random thought: Anyone know where Mikey/LSATAhhh/etc disappeared to?
magically morphed into Sonius?

(it's "piqued my interest" OP, FYI.)

cavalierHoo

New

Post by cavalierHoo » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:38 pm

This OP is a complete idiot. .... I'm sorry, but he just is. :roll:

whyamidoingthis

Bronze

Post by whyamidoingthis » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:40 pm

Sonius wrote:
and yes, prosecution does not equal litigation, but they are many times analogy to one another.
They are not analogous in the patent world. So in which state can you litigate if you're a patent agent? You threw out a specific example and as someone who works in patent myself, I'd love to learn this little bit of trivia.

Sonius

New

Post by Sonius » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:44 pm

lol you work in patent and yet you're on the pre law school board site? not quite congruous, is it? there's a causal link there (lol, thanks LSAT!)

anyway, in re: to the patent bar; take, for instance, one who passes the patent bar in California and wishes to practice in New York state, for instance. If he also passes the bar in New York state (without going to law school), that doesn't necesarily mean that one does not have the knowledge or experience to litigate JUST BECAUSE HE FOREWENT LAW SCHOOL!

anyway, that was my entire point from my original post, that law school is not ncessary for passing of a bar in many states. the posters that kept mentioning Vermont derailed this thread..

summertimechi

Bronze

Post by summertimechi » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:46 pm

Lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll. This is seriously hilarious.

EXPLICATE. :lol:
PEEKING my interest. :lol: :lol:
I hope it's not indicating what this forum's representative is like. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

omg, this is the funniest thing i've ever seen.

Lex talionis, EmmyD...please get in here!!!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dreman510

Bronze

Post by dreman510 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:46 pm

Sonius wrote:lol you work in patent and yet you're on the pre law school board site? not quite congruous, is it? there's a causal link there (lol, thanks LSAT!)

anyway, in re: to the patent bar; take, for instance, one who passes the patent bar in California and wishes to practice in New York state, for instance. If he also passes the bar in New York state (without going to law school), that doesn't necesarily mean that one does not have the knowledge or experience to litigate JUST BECAUSE HE FOREWENT LAW SCHOOL!

anyway, that was my entire point from my original post, that law school is not ncessary for passing of a bar in many states. the posters that kept mentioning Vermont derailed this thread..
You are, by far, the biggest idiot to post on this site, and that says a lot.
And stop laughing at your own jokes.

flhealth

Bronze

Post by flhealth » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:47 pm

Sonius wrote:lol you work in patent and yet you're on the pre law school board site? not quite congruous, is it? there's a causal link there (lol, thanks LSAT!)

FLAME....nice job alt
I'm done with this one
Last edited by flhealth on Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

waldodanto

New

Post by waldodanto » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:47 pm

Sonius wrote:
...but thanks for informing me and peeking my interest so that I know to watch out for grammar nazis (this is what other message baords have called you people) (I think it's really rude of those anti-semetic message boards you frequent to be comparing enforcement of the basic rules of grammar to the murderous, genocidal nazis. It belittles the great tragedy that occurred because of them. You should tell that other site to call them "grammar crusaders")

you're the flame, not me.

and this indecent(PICS OR IT DIDN"T HAPPEN) and condescending PM (private message)(Damn, I always wondered what that stood for!) from the same poster interestedbyestander :

What a freaking whiner, you are. You have no business going to law school, you are a complete idiot. (and yes, please mention that I said that to everyone in a private message also. LOL) I LOVE GOSSIP LIKE THIS POST MORE PLEASE
Too amazing!

KristaLyn

New

Post by KristaLyn » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:49 pm

So if you have so much knowledge from the LSAT, I'm sure you did wonderfully on it! And if you did so great on the LSAT how come you dont want to go to law school? Or are you just not able to GET INTO law school?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Sonius

New

Post by Sonius » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:53 pm

I am happy with my score as it correlates to one's intelligence, lol! but they say, or claim at least, that the two are no congruous and conforming, so perhaps law school and the LSAT don't equate as one intended...irregardless, the point remains that i may forego law school if I can pass the bar faster than my peers, such as many of you..

nice madlib, waldodanto, however, as is clear, people forgot about those years ago in their teens.

PM from interestedbyestander:
What a complete whiny asshole. Grow up.

Aside from not answering my questions, any of you, such codescending and beguiling responses are allienating and i assuredly doubt that the owners of this site would appreciate you antagonizing new customers and potential forum users.

interestedbyestander

New

Post by interestedbyestander » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:54 pm

Hey, give the OP credit, he's entertained a whole lot of people for awhile now.

Sort of like the village idiot. :lol:

whyamidoingthis

Bronze

Post by whyamidoingthis » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:56 pm

forewent? can anyone define this word for me haha?

vee

New

Post by vee » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:58 pm

interestedbyestander wrote:Hey, give the OP credit, he's entertained a whole lot of people for awhile now.

Agreed. I feel like I need a box of popcorn and a soda.

Please continue, OP!

Oh, and whyamidoingthis, I would try to explicate forewent to you, but I think you can look it up yourself as in re: a dictionary or something. :wink:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

gobucks101

Gold

Post by gobucks101 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:58 pm

There should be a law against morons owning thesauruses

whyamidoingthis

Bronze

Post by whyamidoingthis » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:59 pm

vee wrote:
interestedbyestander wrote:Hey, give the OP credit, he's entertained a whole lot of people for awhile now.

Agreed. I feel like I need a box of popcorn and a soda.

Please continue, OP!

Oh, and whyamidoingthis, I would try to explicate forewent to you, but I think you can look it up yourself as in re: a dictionary or something. :wink:
:mrgreen:

you rebel scum

New

Post by you rebel scum » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:00 pm

i like this troll better than the hipster troll. the patent prosecution = patent litigation thing is too priceless. and there was someone who posted on another message board who would insert self-lols at uncomfortable intervals. hmmmmm.

FlightoftheEarls

Silver

Post by FlightoftheEarls » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:01 pm

I've been entertaining two theories:

A.) He's actually a real person trying to sound intelligent by typing broken English into Word and using the thesaurus feature to beef up his verbiage,

or

B.) He's an absurdly impressive flame.

After seeing him write "irregardless" in a previous post, I've concluded the second. Congratulations! I do have to give you some credit - you have to be pretty intelligent to be able to so convincingly play somebody so intellectually inept.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

dreman510

Bronze

Post by dreman510 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:01 pm

The OP definitely boosted my post count. :D

flhealth

Bronze

Post by flhealth » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:01 pm

hey OP can you work in "betwixt" into one of your posts?

Sonius

New

Post by Sonius » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:03 pm

you rebel scum wrote:i like this troll better than the hipster troll. the patent prosecution = patent litigation thing is too priceless. and there was someone who posted on another message board who would insert self-lols at uncomfortable intervals. hmmmmm.
If you're talking about IamAnXman on LSD, I am familiar with him very well
Last edited by Sonius on Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dreman510

Bronze

Post by dreman510 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:05 pm

Sonius wrote:
you rebel scum wrote:i like this troll better than the hipster troll. the patent prosecution = patent litigation thing is too priceless. and there was someone who posted on another message board who would insert self-lols at uncomfortable intervals. hmmmmm.
If you're talking about IamAnXman, I am familiar with him very well
You know you need a thorough knowledge of the English language to practice law in this country, right?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

you rebel scum

New

Post by you rebel scum » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:07 pm

Sonius wrote:
If you're talking about IamAnXman on LSD, I am familiar with him very well
amazing

waldodanto

New

Post by waldodanto » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:07 pm

Sonius wrote: such codescending and beguiling responses are allienating and i assuredly doubt that the owners of this site would appreciate you antagonizing new customers and potential forum users.
Codescending! Owners of the site! hahahahaha this is so good. okay, who did this flame, i want to give a round of applause.

whyamidoingthis

Bronze

Post by whyamidoingthis » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:10 pm

waldodanto wrote:
Sonius wrote: such codescending and beguiling responses are allienating and i assuredly doubt that the owners of this site would appreciate you antagonizing new customers and potential forum users.
Codescending! Owners of the site! hahahahaha this is so good. okay, who did this flame, i want to give a round of applause.
could it be the revenge of the ghost of Katfid?

vee

New

Post by vee » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:17 pm

waldodanto wrote:
I'm a noob and don't know who Katfid is, but I agree that this is a great flame.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”