do i have to go to law school to take the Bar? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
PWFan

New

Re: do i have to go to law school to take the Bar?

Post by PWFan » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:06 pm

Sonius wrote:how does one quote with the quote feature? this board is not the most user-friendly.

in any regard, to unigolfer: :?:

and do dreman510: People weren't responding yet looking at my thread..ignoring my questions implicitly implied that it was illegitimate or invalid or both. It was a genuine question that could apply to several many people considering it's...a ....law...school....website!
There's no requirement for readers to give a response to every post they read. If this is what you're expecting, you may want to adjust your expectations. If readers have nothing to add, generally they will not answer. Doy!
Last edited by PWFan on Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

portena

Bronze

Post by portena » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:07 pm

KristaLyn wrote:
Sonius wrote:quoting jaen78: "You know who else is going to be rude to you? Hiring partners at firms when you try to apply without a JD. Good luck with that one." end quote.

I have the capability and option of begining my own firm practice. Good luck with the "what are some other possibilities" section of the LSAT. -- for those condescending individuals, that was meant as hyperbole
No person would hire you with an attitude and grammer like yours, and don't you think CLIENTS would want to know your credentials to represent them? Are you going to say you just decided to take the state bar one day, so that makes you qualified? Haha, good luck with that.
No need to get ahead of ourselves. OP would have to actually pass the bar before this would even be a concern. Based on the stunning intellectual/logical capabilities demonstrated here (i.e. "zOMG someone read my thread and didn't respond so they must be rude and judgmental and uncaring!! It's simply inconceivable that they may just have not known the answer!!!"), I don't think this hypothetical situation even merits a discussion.

flhealth

Bronze

Post by flhealth » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:07 pm

hey OP, you sure sound like Gary Coleman.....is that you Arnold?

dreman510

Bronze

Post by dreman510 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:08 pm

portena wrote:
KristaLyn wrote:
Sonius wrote:quoting jaen78: "You know who else is going to be rude to you? Hiring partners at firms when you try to apply without a JD. Good luck with that one." end quote.

I have the capability and option of begining my own firm practice. Good luck with the "what are some other possibilities" section of the LSAT. -- for those condescending individuals, that was meant as hyperbole
No person would hire you with an attitude and grammer like yours, and don't you think CLIENTS would want to know your credentials to represent them? Are you going to say you just decided to take the state bar one day, so that makes you qualified? Haha, good luck with that.
No need to get ahead of ourselves. OP would have to actually pass the bar before this would even be a concern. Based on the stunning intellectual/logical capabilities demonstrated here (i.e. "zOMG someone read my thread and didn't respond so they must be rude and judgmental and uncaring!! It's simply inconceivable that they may just have not known the answer!!!"), I don't think this hypothetical situation even merits a discussion.
haha

Sonius

New

Post by Sonius » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:10 pm

quoting portena: "No need to get ahead of ourselves. OP would have to actually pass the bar before this would even be a concern. Based on the stunning intellectual/logical capabilities demonstrated here (i.e. "zOMG someone read my thread and didn't respond so they must be rude and judgmental and uncaring!! It's simply inconceivable that they may just have not known the answer!!!"), I don't think this hypothetical situation even merits a discussion."

it's not hypothetical because i'm planning on doing it if it's feasible and allowed. law school would be useless if the states licenses you to practice in a particular field (i.e. patent bar, etc.)

I understand how the views works, but after 10 or 20 even 30 views, there is something that is clearly antagonizing in re: my questions

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

whyamidoingthis

Bronze

Post by whyamidoingthis » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:12 pm

sigh, I'm sorry that I even bothered trying to answer this guy's question. What a waste of my time. Let me try this a different way:

YOU DON'T HAVE TO HAVE A JD TO PRACTICE CALIFORNIA.

Oh and do you have a degree in science or engineering? Because if you don't, you can't sit for the patent bar. Dumbass.

Edited because just reading this guy's posts is making me dumber and I made a stupid mistake.
Last edited by whyamidoingthis on Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dreman510

Bronze

Post by dreman510 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:16 pm

Sonius wrote:quoting portena: "No need to get ahead of ourselves. OP would have to actually pass the bar before this would even be a concern. Based on the stunning intellectual/logical capabilities demonstrated here (i.e. "zOMG someone read my thread and didn't respond so they must be rude and judgmental and uncaring!! It's simply inconceivable that they may just have not known the answer!!!"), I don't think this hypothetical situation even merits a discussion."

it's not hypothetical because i'm planning on doing it if it's feasible and allowed. law school would be useless if the states licenses you to practice in a particular field (i.e. patent bar, etc.)

I understand how the views works, but after 10 or 20 even 30 views, there is something that is clearly antagonizing in re: my questions
Even if you take the patent bar, you become a patent agent, not a patent attorney. Passing the patent bar doesnt necessarily mean you can practice in a court, it just means you can prosecute patents. Then again, I wouldnt trust you with any of my legal matters.

MTal

Silver

Post by MTal » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:18 pm

If you are this easily offended, you should seriously reconsider your plans to become an attorney.

flhealth

Bronze

Post by flhealth » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:18 pm

hey OP....you can use the little quote button in the corner...just another user unfriendly feature

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Sonius

New

Post by Sonius » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:20 pm

In re: to the poster interestedbyestander, she has been remarking behind the scense through private messages and her attitude i hope it's not indicating what this forum's representative is like (assuming similar traits are pervasive).

anyway, passing the patent bar from a state that i want to practice in would allow me to prosecute patent infringments in court and at trial. obviously, i dont have the experiences now lol or the study and teaching lol, so i wouldn't expect you to trust me with legal matters yet, dreman510. i meant AFTER i pass the bar.

chadstew55

Bronze

Post by chadstew55 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:21 pm

PWFan wrote: There's no requirement for readers to give a response to every post they read.
tell that to neskerdoo

dreman510

Bronze

Post by dreman510 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:22 pm

Sonius wrote:In re: to the poster interestedbyestander, she has been remarking behind the scense through private messages and her attitude i hope it's not indicating what this forum's representative is like (assuming similar traits are pervasive).

anyway, passing the patent bar from a state that i want to practice in would allow me to prosecute patent infringments in court and at trial. obviously, i dont have the experiences now lol or the study and teaching lol, so i wouldn't expect you to trust me with legal matters yet, dreman510. i meant AFTER i pass the bar.
And where do you expect to get that teaching from, if not in law school?

Sonius

New

Post by Sonius » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:23 pm

Try opening a book, dreman510...

quoting chadstew55: "tell that to neskerdoo" end quote

:?:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

interestedbyestander

New

Post by interestedbyestander » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:24 pm

Sonius wrote:In re: to the poster interestedbyestander, she has been remarking behind the scense through private messages and her attitude i hope it's not indicating what this forum's representative is like (assuming similar traits are pervasive).

LOL I just replied to this guy's PM to me, and just tried to set him straight about what a jerk he is proving to be. This guy is one piece of work!

KristaLyn

New

Post by KristaLyn » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:25 pm

Sonius wrote:i dont have the experiences now lol or the study and teaching lol.
Isn't that the point of law school?

dreman510

Bronze

Post by dreman510 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:25 pm

Haha, that is amazing!! How do you do that???

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

chadstew55

Bronze

Post by chadstew55 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:26 pm

dreman510 wrote:
Haha, that is amazing!! How do you do that???
it's all lies

EDIT: Oh wow! I thought that was the real google when I first commented. That site is amazing!!
Last edited by chadstew55 on Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whyamidoingthis

Bronze

Post by whyamidoingthis » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:27 pm

he still hasn't explained whether he's actually qualified to TAKE the patent bar....

And which state is it where a patent agent can litigate patent infringement? You are aware that patent PROSECUTION is not the same as litigation, right?

Sonius

New

Post by Sonius » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:29 pm

LOL @ the google search that wasn't really a google search but was just only meant as a condescending thing.

would you explicate everyone to use google when they had a question that wasn't really answerable through a search engine?? thought so....lol, it's interesting how the LSAT actually helps one with arguments and logic like me in some cases

as in re: to the patent bar..that..was just..one examples of many! it doesn't have to be the patent arena of law. it could be anything.

and yes, prosecution does not equal litigation, but they are many times analogy to one another.

waldodanto

New

Post by waldodanto » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:32 pm

Sonius wrote:
would you explicate everyone to use google when they had a question that wasn't really answerable through a search engine?? thought so....lol, it's interesting how the LSAT actually helps one with arguments and logic like me in some cases
HILARIOUS. I was totally convinced until this. Obviously a flame though. The english is so bad in that first sentence haha

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

waldodanto

New

Post by waldodanto » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:34 pm

Sonius wrote:

as in re: to the patent bar..that..was just..one examples of many!
as in re:this flame...that...wasjust...priceless!

Sonius

New

Post by Sonius » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:34 pm

waldodanto wrote:
Sonius wrote:
HILARIOUS. I was totally convinced until this. Obviously a flame though. The english is so bad in that first sentence haha
figured out the quote feature! lol

btw, I don't double check my grammar every time I post...but thanks for informing me and peeking my interest so that I know to watch out for grammar nazis (this is what other message baords have called you people)

you're the flame, not me.

and this indecent and condescending PM (private message) from the same poster interestedbyestander :

What a freaking whiner, you are. You have no business going to law school, you are a complete idiot. (and yes, please mention that I said that to everyone in a private message also. LOL)
Last edited by Sonius on Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MidwestJosh

Bronze

Post by MidwestJosh » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:34 pm

Random thought: Anyone know where Mikey/LSATAhhh/etc disappeared to?

gobucks101

Gold

Post by gobucks101 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:36 pm

Sonius wrote:
If they were such pompous douchtards as you...most likely. The way you went about trying to get advice was pretty horrendous. Waiting three minutes after question was posed before calling everyone who didn't respond rude, reminds me of toddler getting antsy trying to hold his bladder.

Dre, its letmegooglethatforyou.com Somebody on this board used it in response to one of the questions, so I can't take credit for introducing it to this board.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”