LSDAS GPA Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
RollieFingersMustash

New

Re: LSDAS GPA

Post by RollieFingersMustash » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:33 pm

Yeah, this sucks. I go to a schools that doesn't give out any +'s or -'s. I would have at least one A+ and a number of my AB's would be A-'s.

uhoh

New

Post by uhoh » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:46 pm

I haven't received an A+ since second grade. I didn't know until recently that you could get an A+ in a college course. Geez.

I graduated with a 3.99 GPA. I'm sure I could have bumped it up with a few A+ grades, if such a thing were possible at my school. Seems kind of unfair.

sporkdevil

New

Post by sporkdevil » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:52 pm

My school didn't even go to + and - scoring till 2 years ago, and my major doesn't use them at all. So I have about 5 grades with them.

On the plus side, my 3.29 turned into a 3.3 after LSAC was done with it. Good enough.

kjunfood

New

Post by kjunfood » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:58 pm

Ohioboy115 wrote:
181 wrote:The only problem with the LSAC GPA Calculator website is that it apparently assigns a 4.3 for an A+. The scale in LSAC's pamphlet shows an A+ as 4.33

This is pretty annoying for someone who goes to a school where a grade of A+ isn't possible....
Usually if you have A+ you also have A-. Kind of balances it out -- I think the people really juked are those that go to schools that have +/- system WITHOUT an A+ option lol (like mine).

Ohioboy115

New

Post by Ohioboy115 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:57 pm

kjunfood wrote:
Ohioboy115 wrote:
181 wrote:The only problem with the LSAC GPA Calculator website is that it apparently assigns a 4.3 for an A+. The scale in LSAC's pamphlet shows an A+ as 4.33

This is pretty annoying for someone who goes to a school where a grade of A+ isn't possible....
Usually if you have A+ you also have A-. Kind of balances it out -- I think the people really juked are those that go to schools that have +/- system WITHOUT an A+ option lol (like mine).

haha my school too, we hav +/- except for A+, so we're in the same crappy ass boat

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

tipler4213

Silver

Post by tipler4213 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:28 pm

Does anyone know how courses that are worth less than the regular amount or courses taken abroad count? I studied abroad for a semester, and the grades I received count towards my GPA at school. However, the courses I took abroad count for only 3 hours, and thus I took 5 courses (instead of the typical 4 courses, 4 hours each at my school). Will these be counted in the same manner as my 4 hour courses?

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:44 pm

tipler4213 wrote:Does anyone know how courses that are worth less than the regular amount or courses taken abroad count? I studied abroad for a semester, and the grades I received count towards my GPA at school. However, the courses I took abroad count for only 3 hours, and thus I took 5 courses (instead of the typical 4 courses, 4 hours each at my school). Will these be counted in the same manner as my 4 hour courses?
GPA is weighted by hours, and every course hour counts the same.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”