U-Va. vs. U-Penn vs. Columbia Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
nowwhat?

New

U-Va. vs. U-Penn vs. Columbia

Post by nowwhat? » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:46 pm

Been accepted to all three and am awaiting word from several others ... constitutional law, primarily First Amendment, is my main interest ... Columbia is obviously the best overall school I've gotten into, but I've heard that U-Va. stands out in constitutional law ...

dtrossen

New

Post by dtrossen » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:50 pm

Last edited by dtrossen on Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nowwhat?

New

interesting...

Post by nowwhat? » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:56 pm

...the top 3, chip-on-my-shoulder thing never occured to me ... but i did get an intuitive sense that the student body is somewhat unsociable ... but manhattan is manhattan, and the friendliness level of my future peers is really not an important factor ...

i also noticed, incidentally, that a lot of the most active groups in columbia and other metropolitan schools are feminist/gender-law-concerned ... my personal politics are progressive, but i'm not big on activists whether they are right-wing or left-wing ... i'm as unlikely to go to a gender law symposium as i am a federalist society symposium ... they're all whack jobs, imho ... why are feminist/gender-law-concerned types so overrepresented in law schools?

Kohinoor

Gold

Re: U-Va. vs. U-Penn vs. Columbia

Post by Kohinoor » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:49 pm

nowwhat? wrote:Been accepted to all three and am awaiting word from several others ... constitutional law, primarily First Amendment, is my main interest ... Columbia is obviously the best overall school I've gotten into, but I've heard that U-Va. stands out in constitutional law ...
Go with Columbia. Your criteria are baffling at best.

robotclubmember

Silver

Post by robotclubmember » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:36 pm

Kohinoor wrote:
nowwhat? wrote:Been accepted to all three and am awaiting word from several others ... constitutional law, primarily First Amendment, is my main interest ... Columbia is obviously the best overall school I've gotten into, but I've heard that U-Va. stands out in constitutional law ...
...Dude. I'm pretty sure he fucking graduated from one of those schools by now.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

odoylerules

New

Post by odoylerules » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:50 pm

robotclubmember wrote:
Kohinoor wrote:
...Dude. I'm pretty sure he fucking graduated from one of those schools by now.
hahaha
you mean... without someone on TLS telling him what to do?? this may have been the push OP needed

ACrimsonLife

New

Post by ACrimsonLife » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:30 am

Columbia.

plum

Bronze

Post by plum » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:37 am

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”