Advice for doing well in law school Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
BradyToMoss

Bronze

Re: Should I Transfer from UCLA to HYS?

Post by BradyToMoss » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:25 am

Do the work yourself tool.

washdc23

New

Post by washdc23 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:16 pm

SenatorDoherty wrote:Do the work yourself tool.
lol

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

underdawg

Silver

Post by underdawg » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:18 pm

damn, you have some gigantic elephant balls

RATRATRAT

Bronze

Post by RATRATRAT » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:07 pm

dude, I bet he's going to give you the notes, & then you are going to be #1 in the class! Congrats in advance!!

lishi

Silver

Post by lishi » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:27 pm

Why is everyone being so mean?? It's not like 2Ls and 3Ls at schools are keeping all their outlines from one another. People openly share outlines to help others.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

washdc23

New

Post by washdc23 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:22 pm

lishi wrote:Why is everyone being so mean?? It's not like 2Ls and 3Ls at schools are keeping all their outlines from one another. People openly share outlines to help others.
Don't worry about me (thanks for the sentiment though!). I'm not phased. It's hardly an unreasonable request.

bwv812

Silver

Post by bwv812 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:21 pm

lishi wrote:Why is everyone being so mean?? It's not like 2Ls and 3Ls at schools are keeping all their outlines from one another. People openly share outlines to help others.
Yeah, but it's not like anyone is hunting down the #1 student and bluntly asking for all his/her outlines and notes even though they are complete strangers.

snotrocket

Bronze

Post by snotrocket » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:54 pm

Sure, but they aren't just handing them out for free to every anonymous asshat on the interwebz either.

lishi

Silver

Post by lishi » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:41 pm

I think the request might have been better served through a pm, but I think the whole point of this site is to help others going through the same situations and problems. So much advice has been shared on this site, that it isn't completely unreasonable to ask if someone could share outlines as well. In the end that is the main purpose of TLS.

Also seeing as he is transferring I doubt someone would have a chance to really get to know him to ask about the outlines.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

washdc23

New

Post by washdc23 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:57 pm

Even if I don't get his outlines, his posts have been invaluable. I think everybody needs to calm down with the negativity. Talk a deep breath, a walk outside, watch a comedy or something. Life's short.

snotrocket

Bronze

Post by snotrocket » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:04 pm

washdc23 wrote:Talk a deep breath, a walk outside, watch a comedy or something. Life's short.
Talk a deep breath, a walk outside, watch a comedy ... or try contributing rather than leeching if you'd like people to be less annoyed with you.

underdawg

Silver

Post by underdawg » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:40 pm

i liked his offer to reciprocate help....to a 2L.....who transferred to yale....haha what an assclown

washdc23

New

Post by washdc23 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:15 pm

snotrocket wrote:
washdc23 wrote:Talk a deep breath, a walk outside, watch a comedy or something. Life's short.
Talk a deep breath, a walk outside, watch a comedy ... or try contributing rather than leeching if you'd like people to be less annoyed with you.
You're right. I'll try to send him a PM and see if I can leech his outlines. Lemme know if this works for you, "Hi, can I have your outlines so I can replicate your academic success? Thanks." Do you think that works for you? Let me know if it doesn't annoy you.

Yours in Christ.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

WheelsUp

New

Post by WheelsUp » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:25 pm

I don't know if the OP will return soon. After reading through the thread, it sounds like maybe he'd contribute with some more helpful nuggets about exam taking. Based upon the advise of the OP, I read Getting to Maybe over the summer. Very helpful tips. But I was wondering how adequate the professors' sample responses were. Particularly, did they contain enough analysis and enough fork identification and subsequent analysis of each fork? The reason I ask is because the answers appeared short. With a laptop it seems that you could write so much more than the authors did. Also, I have a friend who graduated near the top of her class, and she explained that her exam answers were usually dozens of pages long, single spaced, and typed. Just wanted to hear any 2L thoughts from those who read that book.

mallard

Silver

Post by mallard » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:26 pm

WheelsUp wrote:I don't know if the OP will return soon. After reading through the thread, it sounds like maybe he'd contribute with some more helpful nuggets about exam taking. Based upon the advise of the OP, I read Getting to Maybe over the summer. Very helpful tips. But I was wondering how adequate the professors' sample responses were. Particularly, did they contain enough analysis and enough fork identification and subsequent analysis of each fork? The reason I ask is because the answers appeared short. With a laptop it seems that you could write so much more than the authors did. Also, I have a friend who graduated near the top of her class, and she explained that her exam answers were usually dozens of pages long, single spaced, and typed. Just wanted to hear any 2L thoughts from those who read that book.
This seems unlikely, as I believe most professors have a length ceiling.

OperaAttorney

Silver

Post by OperaAttorney » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:17 am

washdc23 wrote:
Don't worry about me (thanks for the sentiment though!). I'm not phased. It's hardly an unreasonable request.

It is an unreasonable, presumptuous request, given that you are a complete stranger to the OP. Have you heard of the words COURTESY and RELATIONSHIP?

washdc23

New

Post by washdc23 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:56 pm

OperaAttorney wrote:
washdc23 wrote:

It is an unreasonable, presumptuous request, given that you are a complete stranger to the OP. Have you heard of the words COURTESY and RELATIONSHIP?
I've never heard of those words. You're right. I'm sorry for being unreasonable and presumptuous. Sorry guys. I tried sending him some PMs but I wasn't sure if the message was being delivered because it kept staying in my outbox but not in the sent folder.

Oh, and by the way, life is short. Everyone needs to relax. 8)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

WheelsUp

New

Post by WheelsUp » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:29 pm

I've really appreciated the dialogue here - most helpful.

I'd like to know how to handle professors who go on long tangents. How do you know when it's still important or not? For example, we discussed a specific case in Civ. Pro. (Pennoyer v. Neff) today and that led the professor to discuss other interesting cases related to the original case. Or, we start a discussion from a student who brings up an "interesting question" that leads the professor into other problems. Should I just stick with the holding of the originally discussed case or start taking notes on all this side stuff too?

Dr_Nex

New

Post by Dr_Nex » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:44 pm

So which did he choose?

vb007

New

Post by vb007 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:51 pm

Dr_Nex wrote:So which did he choose?
stanford
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 23#p840923

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”