Interview invite off Chi WL? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Lawbadger66

New

Interview invite off Chi WL?

Post by Lawbadger66 » Fri May 26, 2023 4:52 pm

Does anyone have any experience with the UChi waitlist? It seems like they are interviewing people off the WL- but I can’t find much data on it from previous years, as it seems they haven’t historically pulled many people from the WL in the past. I’m really curious what the conversion rate might be.

Thanks for any help!

nealric

Re: Interview invite off Chi WL?

Post by nealric » Mon May 29, 2023 10:14 am

I think these sorts of things are going to be very cycle dependent. In one year, they may over-admit and take basically nobody off the waitlist. In another year, they may have a lot of slots to fill in the class. Schools have to predict how many accept their offers, and they don't always get it perfect. One point worth considering is waitlist acceptances can be a good way for schools to get full-freight paying students- few people who get in off the waitlist are going to get merit aid.

If you are on the waitlist and are offered an interview (and still want to attend), take it. It's a very good sign. They aren't going to waste efforts on a candidate they have no intention of admitting. Nothing is a guarantee, but I'd say your odds are probably pretty good if you've been offered an interview.

liannabrianna

New

Re: Interview invite off Chi WL?

Post by liannabrianna » Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:33 pm

As a person with a bit of experience I can tell you that historically, UChi hasn't pulled many people from the waitlist. However, it seems they are now conducting interviews with waitlisted candidates, which is a positive sign. The conversion rate from the waitlist to admission is not widely available(( It varies each year based on factors like available spots and the applicant pool... Stay hopeful! I mean express continued interest, and consider sending a letter of continued interest, that's what you have to do.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”