Legal career in the age of career in technology Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
regardsjeremiah

New

Legal career in the age of career in technology

Post by regardsjeremiah » Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:37 am

I'm a pre-law graduate and after college worked to support myself financially since I don't have anyone else left. I still would still like to pursue legal career but sometimes life's a bitch. Plus I don't where to start again and first. Literally clueless and I'm doubting whether its still worth pursuing? I know theres a lot position available since the pandemic but, I don't know. :cry: Maybe just here for motivation and gain some inspiration. Please be kind to me.

crazywafflez

Silver

Re: Legal career in the age of career in technology

Post by crazywafflez » Thu Apr 20, 2023 12:23 pm

regardsjeremiah wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:37 am
I'm a pre-law graduate and after college worked to support myself financially since I don't have anyone else left. I still would still like to pursue legal career but sometimes life's a bitch. Plus I don't where to start again and first. Literally clueless and I'm doubting whether its still worth pursuing? I know theres a lot position available since the pandemic but, I don't know. :cry: Maybe just here for motivation and gain some inspiration. Please be kind to me.
I honestly wouldn't pursue a legal career. I think tech is just such a stronger field- even right now, the market will bounce back. If you really want to do criminal law, or something like that, that's one thing and I'd recommend going to law school to be a lawyer. But if you're just tangentially interested in the law, or interested in money/tech/business, I think there are much better ways to obtain those goals than a career in law.

regardsjeremiah

New

Re: Legal career in the age of career in technology

Post by regardsjeremiah » Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:10 pm

I mean, I'm still open to whatever opportunity presents itself, right, but yeah, I am seriously considering switching fields. Thank you. 8)

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”