Re-applying after dropping out Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
StanHekht

New

Re-applying after dropping out

Post by StanHekht » Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:04 pm

For a variety of reasons (mostly mental exhaustion (I worked 60+ hours a week full-time until mid-august), but also familial situation related to the war in Ukraine), I had to drop out from Fordham earlier this year during my 1L right before the classes even started (after the last day of orientation). However, technically I matriculated and began my studies.

Right now I am trying to go back and re-apply to law schools.

The questions that I have:
- Is it even possible to be admitted to any school in my situation? Like, would any school even consider an applicant with a history of dropping out? I am targeting Cardozo, BLS, and NYLS now.
- I am almost 36 y.o., so I am trying to get this resolved asap, but do you guys think it might make sense to wait out a year or two before re-applying? Or do you recommend applying in the current cycle?
- I took LSAT 4 times, and the highest score was 164. Considering that I took the test multiple times already, will re-taking the LSAT and getting a higher score help in my situation? (I believe I can increase it by a few points, but not more that that).

Thanks in advance for all your help.

butonawednesday

New

Re: Re-applying after dropping out

Post by butonawednesday » Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:50 pm

You say wait a year or 2 before re-applying.
I'm 63.
Don't wait. Apply now.
Life is not a dress rehearsal.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”