3.73/170 disappointed - What are my chances for T14 Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
cartmanbrah123

New

3.73/170 disappointed - What are my chances for T14

Post by cartmanbrah123 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:47 am

Score: 3.73/170

International student
Major: math/econ + philosophy
Education: top 30 US university, graduated in 2021
Work Experience: Economic consulting in antitrust law, based in Boston
Softs: Study abroad in the UK, model UN, think tank internship, editorial board of a law newsletter

Just got my November LSAT score and feel very disappointed, especially I spent my vacation time to study and I usually land in the mid 170s. I plan to apply as early as I can in 2023. What are my chances for T14 + UCLA USC?

Considering I would have been working for 2 years at the time of my application, is it ok to use professional reference? My work is very research-based and relevant to law.

Because I studied abroad in my junior year and quarantined in my first semester senior year, those semester I have almost entirely pass/fail classes. Would that affect my application too much?

Any comments are welcome. Thanks!

talons2250

Bronze

Re: 3.73/170 disappointed - What are my chances for T14

Post by talons2250 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:58 pm

cartmanbrah123 wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:47 am
Score: 3.73/170

International student
Major: math/econ + philosophy
Education: top 30 US university, graduated in 2021
Work Experience: Economic consulting in antitrust law, based in Boston
Softs: Study abroad in the UK, model UN, think tank internship, editorial board of a law newsletter

Just got my November LSAT score and feel very disappointed, especially I spent my vacation time to study and I usually land in the mid 170s. I plan to apply as early as I can in 2023. What are my chances for T14 + UCLA USC?

You have a shot at a lower T14 if you write a great personal statement and thoughtfully present your experience in the best way possible in your resume and application. Get input on your essay and application from multiple individuals whose opinion you respect.

Considering I would have been working for 2 years at the time of my application, is it ok to use professional reference? My work is very research-based and relevant to law.

2 years isn't that far out. Use a professor in addition to the professional reference.

Because I studied abroad in my junior year and quarantined in my first semester senior year, those semester I have almost entirely pass/fail classes. Would that affect my application too much?

No.

Any comments are welcome. Thanks!
You should definitely retake the LSAT and study significantly beforehand. If you were typically doing better than 170 on practice tests then there is a decent chance you'll see improvement on the second try.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”