medicine to law Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
mdtolaw

New

medicine to law

Post by mdtolaw » Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:55 pm

Hi, I'm a physician who have been practicing medicine for almost 20 years. I became familiar with certain areas of law, personal injury, med-mal, worker comp, etc. where medicine intersects with law. I treated many patients in and served as expert witness in these settings.

I'm interested in switching career to advocate for patient's rights (so med-mal is my top area of interest, then personal injury, etc.).

I'd be interested in attending law school part-time, either online or part-time in-person so I can continue my practice, at least for next few years. I'm located in Southern Cal so I'd like to stay in the area for law school and future practice opportunities.

What should I consider in terms of application? I went to top undergrad and medical school and graduated with stellar GPAs (years ago, obviously)

I have a few questions and would appreciate inputs here,

- Is online program a good option? Am I limiting myself by attending a part-time program online?
- Is LSAT required for admission? for scholarship?
- what are some law schools in SoCal you'd recommend to apply? or should I even consider out-of-state law schools and why?

Any comments, suggestions are highly appreciated!

thechosen1

New

Re: medicine to law

Post by thechosen1 » Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:58 pm

mdtolaw wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:55 pm
Hi, I'm a physician who have been practicing medicine for almost 20 years. I became familiar with certain areas of law, personal injury, med-mal, worker comp, etc. where medicine intersects with law. I treated many patients in and served as expert witness in these settings.

I'm interested in switching career to advocate for patient's rights (so med-mal is my top area of interest, then personal injury, etc.).

I'd be interested in attending law school part-time, either online or part-time in-person so I can continue my practice, at least for next few years. I'm located in Southern Cal so I'd like to stay in the area for law school and future practice opportunities.

What should I consider in terms of application? I went to top undergrad and medical school and graduated with stellar GPAs (years ago, obviously)

I have a few questions and would appreciate inputs here,

- Is online program a good option? Am I limiting myself by attending a part-time program online?
- Is LSAT required for admission? for scholarship?
- what are some law schools in SoCal you'd recommend to apply? or should I even consider out-of-state law schools and why?

Any comments, suggestions are highly appreciated!
I don't think any good law schools have an online program

LSAT generally is required for admission to good law schools

USC/UCLA/Stanford/Yale/Harvard

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”