Admissions Consultant/Advice for Super Splitter Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Splittosh!t

New

Admissions Consultant/Advice for Super Splitter

Post by Splittosh!t » Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:08 am

All,

As indicated above, I am looking for an admissions consultant to assist a super splitter (myself) with applications this fall. Any consultant/counselor recommendation or broader advice regarding applications, such as which school(s) I should keep in mind, is appreciated.

All-inclusive background info (regardless of potential relevancy to apps):
My undergraduate "experience" was, in one word: tumultuous. As a result, my academic performance was abysmal. I nearly failed out after my first year and took two semesters of mental health leave. I graduated with a 2.5 (non-LSAC) GPA, albeit with a slight uptrend. The underlying causes of the mental health leaves were largely circumstantial.

Since graduation, I have worked as a litigation paralegal at a well-regarded regional law firm for the past year and a half. At this firm, I manage a vital aspect of 300+ high-exposure cases for a prominent client. Multiple partners with T14 backgrounds are willing to write letters of recommendation.

I've yet to take an official LSAT; however, I have taken several diagnostics, and I consistently score above 175, my highest being 178. I know this means nothing until I get an official score on paper. That said, I only score 175+ on diagnostic tests, and I believe it is safe to assume I will do the same on an official test.

I am half "URM," my mother immigrated here as a child.

Again, any recommendation or advice (admissions consultants or general application advice) is appreciated. In other words, I am happy to hear anyone's two cents if they are willing to share.

Thanks

Crazystallion

New

Re: Admissions Consultant/Advice for Super Splitter

Post by Crazystallion » Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:04 pm

You're in a tricky area since it's unregulated. Ben Shapiro got into Harvard Law. Why should I believe he has any special knowledge about the admissions process? Look for someone with 5 years on a t14 admissions committee. Also read their bio, you may see red flags. Carefully look at the bio.

talons2250

Bronze

Post by talons2250 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:03 pm

You might try contacting Ann Levine and asking her about your situation: https://www.lawschoolexpert.com/

Also, you actually aren't a super splitter yet because you haven't yet taken the LSAT. Not to rain on your parade or anything, but plenty of people underperform relative to their practice tests anywhere from 3-7 points.

Access

New

Post by Access » Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:29 pm

Spivey or similar reputation. They'll help you organize your materials and decide where to apply. But like others have said, you don't yet have your hard stats. Also what's half urm? Immigrated from where? You either check the box or don't.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:26 pm

You need an actual LSAT score before engaging a law school admissions consultant--otherwise you will be paying for LSAT advice rather than addressing law school admissions concerns regarding your mental health issues & low undergraduate GPA.

Are you certain that you qualify as an URM ? Simply having one parent who is an immigrant to this country does not qualify one as a URM or as a "half URM".

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”