University of Toronto Undergrad Conversion Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
j4ckie23

New

University of Toronto Undergrad Conversion

Post by j4ckie23 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:45 am

Hi all,

I attend the University of Toronto in Canada and was wondering if anyone knows how my grades will be converted through LSAC.

U of T provides both letter grades and percentages so I'm curious as to which will be used when converting.

Additionally, I was wondering if LSAC will simply look at my cumulative GPA as stated on my transcript, or if they will calculate my cumulative GPA themselves using the converted grades for each course that I took.

Finally, my school has courses worth 0.33, 0.5. 0.67, and 1.0 credits. Just wondering how these will be weighted when converting to LSAC.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Sorry for the confusing, slightly convoluted post.

talons2250

Bronze

Re: University of Toronto Undergrad Conversion

Post by talons2250 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:42 pm

j4ckie23 wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:45 am
Hi all,

I attend the University of Toronto in Canada and was wondering if anyone knows how my grades will be converted through LSAC.

U of T provides both letter grades and percentages so I'm curious as to which will be used when converting.

Additionally, I was wondering if LSAC will simply look at my cumulative GPA as stated on my transcript, or if they will calculate my cumulative GPA themselves using the converted grades for each course that I took.

Finally, my school has courses worth 0.33, 0.5. 0.67, and 1.0 credits. Just wondering how these will be weighted when converting to LSAC.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Sorry for the confusing, slightly convoluted post.
All the information is here: https://www.lsac.org/applying-law-schoo ... rsionTable.

BrainsyK

Bronze

Re: University of Toronto Undergrad Conversion

Post by BrainsyK » Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:13 am

They pick the letter over the percentage. It goes by individual course. Credits are just weighted proportional to overall credits for the degree.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”