How to use my admission letter as levege to help me get accepted by my dream school Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
April_C

New

How to use my admission letter as levege to help me get accepted by my dream school

Post by April_C » Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:35 pm

I applied to my dream school at an earlier cycle, but I am still on the waitlist. I just received an acceptance letter from another school with a $18000ish scholarship per year.

Does anyone have any idea about how to use my current admission and scholarship as leverage to argue with the school that waitlists me?

talons2250

Bronze

Re: How to use my admission letter as levege to help me get accepted by my dream school

Post by talons2250 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:52 pm

I don't think you can use a scholarship offer at one school to urge another school that has waitlisted you to accept you. Admitted students can negotiate scholarships, but un-admitted students can't really negotiate anything. You don't have leverage before you're admitted. Just keep emailing the school that waitlisted you to apprise them of any developments in your professional or academic life and to reiterate your interest in attending the school if accepted.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”