Extracurricular Disclosure Expectations Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
hopefulawstudent

New

Extracurricular Disclosure Expectations

Post by hopefulawstudent » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:46 pm

Did I violate any disclosure expectations by not listing I was in a fraternity in college when asked on an application for extracurriculars?

The reason I didn't list the fraternity is that I have been out of college a while and any experience I had in the fraternity was furthered by my professional experience. However, upon reflection, I want to make sure I am not transgressing an expectation of full disclosure.

I have already received a decision and a scholarship from the school in question, so disclosing now would mean sending a separate email to the admissions office. I would rather not, but I don't want withholding this information to potentially jeopardize anything. Hence the reason I am seeing if anyone here has insight on what is expected in terms of disclosure on extracurriculars.

The Lsat Airbender

Gold

Re: Extracurricular Disclosure Expectations

Post by The Lsat Airbender » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:43 pm

Unless some part of the application affirmatively said you need to disclose this—maybe it's somehow responsive to C&F prompts?—no, you're not breaking a rule or anything. I'd wager most people are less than 100% exhaustive about college activities.

hopefulawstudent

New

Re: Extracurricular Disclosure Expectations

Post by hopefulawstudent » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:58 pm

The Lsat Airbender wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:43 pm
Unless some part of the application affirmatively said you need to disclose this—maybe it's somehow responsive to C&F prompts?—no, you're not breaking a rule or anything. I'd wager most people are less than 100% exhaustive about college activities.
Thank you for your response and for giving me some clarification of the general expectations.
My time in the fraternity was not relevant to any character and fitness prompt for this school, thankfully.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”