International (Israel) Bachelor's Accreditation Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
tryg

New

International (Israel) Bachelor's Accreditation

Post by tryg » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:19 pm

Hey all,

I'm an American who got his Bachelor's degree from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. My transcripts are currently in transit by registered mail, and it's been several weeks since they were sent. Unfortunately, tracking updates are unavailable beyond the date of departure from Israel (Nov. 2nd).

I'm wondering if there are folks on here who had transcripts from Israel, the Middle East, or Europe sent by registered mail. How long did your transcripts take to arrive? How long did it take LSAC to finish the accreditation and fully process your transcripts?

If there's someone with an Israeli transcript who sees this, did you send a transcript and degree certificate (Ishur Zakaut Latoar) both in English and Hebrew? Something else? Are there any further hoops I might need to jump through?

kawhi818

New

Re: International (Israel) Bachelor's Accreditation

Post by kawhi818 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:58 pm

Feel free to message me. Did the same exact thing.

crazywafflez

Silver

Post by crazywafflez » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:03 am

Hey, mine took forever. Like almost 2 months. I think I called LSAC and asked if they wanted it in both languages and I cannot remember what they told me to do. Also, it took them about another 2-3 weeks to evaluate mine? I think I had asked for them to mail my transcripts around mid-end December, I think that took like 1 week for them to process, they sent them out in Mid Jan, arrived tail end of Feb and was evaluated at the start of March, I had my apps all in the day after (around March 5 or something- way too freaking late).

tryg

New

Post by tryg » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:51 pm

crazywafflez wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:03 am
Hey, mine took forever. Like almost 2 months. I think I called LSAC and asked if they wanted it in both languages and I cannot remember what they told me to do. Also, it took them about another 2-3 weeks to evaluate mine? I think I had asked for them to mail my transcripts around mid-end December, I think that took like 1 week for them to process, they sent them out in Mid Jan, arrived tail end of Feb and was evaluated at the start of March, I had my apps all in the day after (around March 5 or something- way too freaking late).
Thanks for the response! Yeah that's a worry I have, that at this rate I may not get it accredited in time and maybe even miss the application deadline entirely. Anyways, though, it is what it is. Thanks again for sharing your experience!

tryg

New

Post by tryg » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:22 pm

kawhi818 wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:58 pm
Feel free to message me. Did the same exact thing.
Sent you a private message. Sorry I didn't notice your post earlier!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”