Advise me on odd (unique?) position re: LSAT+GRE scores Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
kasr

New

Advise me on odd (unique?) position re: LSAT+GRE scores

Post by kasr » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:18 am

I am wondering whether I should retake the GRE. I have a strong (170+) LSAT score from a recent sitting, so I was feeling pretty good, until I saw that top law schools require that you submit all LSAT & GRE scores from the past 5 years. 4 years ago, toward the end of my undergraduate degree, I was flirting with the idea of grad school and took the GRE. I scored well on the Verbal & Writing sections, but choked on the Quantitative section -- I wound up with a 160, which is in the 70th percentile of test-takers. I expect this score will be well, well below the typical GRE Quant score for T6 applicants -- so much so that I'm concerned it will damage my application. (It will surely raise eyebrows among the admissions committees, especially since I hold degrees in econ). I am sure that if I prepped and retook I could do better than this -- but am I right in my impression that this could be damaging?

cavalier1138

Re: Advise me on odd (unique?) position re: LSAT+GRE scores

Post by cavalier1138 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:48 am

I wouldn't worry about it. The LSAT takes precedence over any GRE score.

BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?)

Bronze

Re: Advise me on odd (unique?) position re: LSAT+GRE scores

Post by BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:51 pm

Agree, they won't care about the GRE. If anything, 70 percentile would raise eyebrows because they won't expect a law student to score that high :)
GRE is in play only if you don't have an LSAT.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”