Apply Now with 168 or November with a 170? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
LukeStarkiller

New

Apply Now with 168 or November with a 170?

Post by LukeStarkiller » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:52 pm

I'm a senior in undergrad with splitter status- 3.2 and a 168. I scored the 168 back in August, but I am currently registered to take the October LSAT where I hopefully will do slightly better and finally hit a 170 or higher. I'm wondering whether I'm more likely to be accepted/get financial aid by applying early in the cycle (early Oct.) or if I'd be in a better situation if I applied a few weeks later with a score that's slightly higher.

Yeah, I know there's the possibility that I could end up with a lower score on the October test. It's been keeping me up at night.

Additional context about myself and my career goals
-JAG after graduating, but if that can't happen (due to the anxiety and ADD I was diagnosed with following freshman year- which is also the reason why my gpa is as low as it is- I might not be able to get a medical waiver), I'd also want a litigation position in the Chicago market. A midcareer goal would either moving laterally to a midsize or smaller firm where I'd spend most of my time in litigation and on track to be partner OR being an AUSA/
-Senior at a Big 10 school, double-majoring in Managerial Economics and Public Policy Analysis through my top 10 ug business school (not trying to dox myself too hard)
-T3.5 Softs: currently a national executive officeholder for the College Democrats of America, Standards Board chair of my fraternity, president of another student org, former teaching assistant, internships with political campaigns and a multinational consulting firm.
-Looking at Wisconsin, IU Maurer, Loyola Chicago as targets and WUSTL, ND, and Illinois as reaches

Dcc617

Gold

Re: Apply Now with 168 or November with a 170?

Post by Dcc617 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:57 pm

November with 170. That’s still very early in the cycle.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”