Addendum advice Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Ababeee

New

Addendum advice

Post by Ababeee » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:34 pm

Hi,I’m wondering if it would be a bad idea to think about an addendum for my application for a low lsat score. I have my 4.0 GPA am scoring 154’s on the LSAT, but having been in eating disorder inpatient/partial hospitalization treatment facilities for a long time. I don’t think I need to tell them how eating disorders affect brain cognition/focus and all that jazz, but would this be a topic that should be avoided? It definitely would take pressure of me hurrying to make up for lost time I used to recover in treatment. Would love to know your thoughts

cavalier1138

Re: Addendum advice

Post by cavalier1138 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:57 am

I'm not sure how much work an addendum does in this scenario. If your eating disorder was having that big an effect on your cognition, you wouldn't have a 4.0. So it sounds like your addendum would fall into the category of "I don't test well," and that's not a good addendum to include.

nixy

Gold

Re: Addendum advice

Post by nixy » Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:02 am

While I realize you may have earned the 4.0 before you developed the ED, I think your best bet is to focus on treatment and take the LSAT when your cognition is better. Law school isn’t going anywhere and there’s no point in attempting it if your ED is impeding you this significantly. (If the 4.0 is simultaneous with the ED, then cavalier’s response is apt.)

If the point is more that your ED has permanently altered your cognition, that’s probably not something you want to lead with or emphasize.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”