the impacts of Ws and study abroad on application Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
erzezhifu

New

the impacts of Ws and study abroad on application

Post by erzezhifu » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:16 am

Hi guys,

I have 2 Ws and also around 20 credits from study abroad(therefore, P/F grades). Will those affect my chance of getting to T14 or even T6 schools? My overall GPA now is 3.93 and I have one more semester to do.

TTTTorbust

New

Re: the impacts of Ws and study abroad on application

Post by TTTTorbust » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:39 am

No

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:35 am

Agreed this won't affect your admissions chances.

But one note on study abroad credits: If you received a P/F grade through your undergrad but also received a letter grade through a separate U.S. accrediting institution, then you'll likely need to submit the separate transcript, which will count. Not sure if this is how your studies were set up, but it's a common enough arrangement that it's worth knowing about before LSAC tells you you're missing a transcript from some institution you don't think you actually attended.

stupididiot

New

Post by stupididiot » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:14 pm

I had about 10 W's over 4 years (i was on full scholarship, so my thought process was might as well sign up for extra classes and then just drop the ones that are not worth it after a few weeks). I also had two semesters of P/F from study abroad. no addendum and got multiple T6 offers including a few of HYS (okay, not Y).

erzezhifu

New

Post by erzezhifu » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:51 am

cavalier1138 wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:35 am

But one note on study abroad credits: If you received a P/F grade through your undergrad but also received a letter grade through a separate U.S. accrediting institution, then you'll likely need to submit the separate transcript, which will count. Not sure if this is how your studies were set up, but it's a common enough arrangement that it's worth knowing about before LSAC tells you you're missing a transcript from some institution you don't think you actually attended.
If I only had one spring semester abroad and a summer abroad, do I still need to submit those abroad course grades? People are saying that I only need to submit the grades if the abroad program is longer than 1 year

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:06 am

erzezhifu wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:51 am
cavalier1138 wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:35 am

If I only had one spring semester abroad and a summer abroad, do I still need to submit those abroad course grades? People are saying that I only need to submit the grades if the abroad program is longer than 1 year
Check with LSAC on the specifics, but I definitely had to submit a transcript from a single-semester program that was accredited through a different school than my degree-granting institution.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”