Accidentally double deposited Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Kedf1

New

Accidentally double deposited

Post by Kedf1 » Mon May 10, 2021 5:57 pm

I had received offers from School 1 and School 2. I paid both my deposits at School 1 and the first deposit at School 2.

It is now my intention to go ahead and commit to School 1 (which is a process that happens in June). So I was planning on withdrawing from School 2.

However, I just re-read my School 1 offer letter and just read this little clause 'School reserves the right to withdraw offer if the applicant reserves a seat in our entering class and submits a seat deposit or commits to enroll at another law school'.

For some reason, I took paying the deposit at School 1 as non-binding, since the final intent letter was only due later in June, so didn't think twice before I double deposited. It was a very stupid mistake on my part.

Now, on top of this, I used my School 2 scholarship offer to try to renegotiate with School 1 for more $. I thought this was harmless to do since at the very worst, they're just going to say no. However, now I'm worried School 1 will revoke my admission offer.

Any thoughts on my stupidity?

cavalier1138

Re: Accidentally double deposited

Post by cavalier1138 » Tue May 11, 2021 8:41 am

I'm not clear on the timeline: When did each of these events happen? For example, did you negotiate scholarships after making a seat deposit at School 1?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”