How many years of work experiences will have a positive impact on law school application ? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
hellolawschoolyeah

New

How many years of work experiences will have a positive impact on law school application ?

Post by hellolawschoolyeah » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:04 pm

I just graduated and was wondering how many years of work experiences do I need to have a positive impact on my chances for law school apps.

crazywafflez

Silver

Re: How many years of work experiences will have a positive impact on law school application ?

Post by crazywafflez » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:43 pm

I mean, as many as you want? It certainly doesn't hurt. I think, traditionally, 1-3 is the norm. There were plenty of K-JD folks at school with me, and plenty over 30 folks. I'd say most folks enrolled 1L were around 25 or so?

cavalier1138

Re: How many years of work experiences will have a positive impact on law school application ?

Post by cavalier1138 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:33 am

Don't get work experience for the purpose of making your law school application look better. The things that make your application look better are things that you did because they were of interest to you.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:41 am

The type of post undergraduate work done by an applicant may be more important than the length of employment as law schools like to have students who are attractive to employers.

With respect to length of employment, it seems as though Northwestern prefers two years or more, but it is not a requirement.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”