Prioritizing Law school application Pieces Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
T14boundKY

New

Prioritizing Law school application Pieces

Post by T14boundKY » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:14 pm

Hi, so I’m in somewhat of a weird position I suppose. I graduate with a 3.7gpa in nursing and am pt’ng around the upper 160’s with hopes of making it into the 170+ and a t14 acceptance(duke most aligns w my goals). I have no true extracurriculars besides tutoring fellow nursing students twice a week, and co philanthropy chair for my fraternity(have raised over 100k since I have been helping organize the fundraiser). My other softs being having written a book, started a business(though not seen major success has provided some income and I have had to opportunity to use its social media following for raising money to charity). Job experience being consistent no gaps but the last 3 years I have worked as a door dash delivery driver. With all this being said I have heard that a vocational or focused major such as nursing would be a disadvantage and I don’t know if it would be worth it to pick up additional classes over the summer(9 credits needed) to finish a biology minor, should I be doing volunteer work or searching for internships, ect or just focusing on lsat studies. I plan to sit for the august lsat, and being most likely a splitter at t14 applying the first available date in September. Just some direction would be highly appreciated!
Thanks,
A fellow stressed law school hopeful.

nixy

Gold

Re: Prioritizing Law school application Pieces

Post by nixy » Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:32 pm

Your major won't matter. Don't take more classes. First priority should be getting as high an LSAT as possible, then maybe look for some kind of volunteering or internships if you think it will be useful experience.

crazywafflez

Silver

Post by crazywafflez » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:00 am

Agree fully with Nixy. Just get the LSAT as high as possible. Your major (whether Lit or Nursing or Engineering) won't matter.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:05 pm

What you may have heard about certain majors being bad for law school probably was in reference to strengthening one's skills to do well on the LSAT and was not in reference to affecting one's chances of law school admission.

Just prepare for the LSAT & do not worry about ECs as you have enough--especially if the book that you authored was published.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”