Is it too late to apply for NYU Scholarships? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Qifsol11

New

Is it too late to apply for NYU Scholarships?

Post by Qifsol11 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:51 pm

Hi! I just submitted my NYU application on Feb. 15 (delayed due to a variety of reasons). I know the official deadline for Furman/RTK, etc. Is Jan 1st, but will they still consider someone who applied after that date? If I am accepted, is there a chance I could still be considered for the scholarship?

cavalier1138

Re: Is it too late to apply for NYU Scholarships?

Post by cavalier1138 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:15 am

Yes, it's too late to apply for named scholarships with specific deadlines (although you can always ask the admissions department and see if they're feeling generous). It's not too late to get scholarships for other reasons, but as you'll soon learn, deadlines are deadlines.

redanon20

New

Post by redanon20 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:27 pm

FWIW I saw someone post on LSA that they were asked if they were interested in applying for the AnBryce recently after being admitted (which is another named scholarship with a Jan. 1st deadline), so worth asking.

Almost Aristotle

New

Post by Almost Aristotle » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:09 pm

Yes, it is too late. Serious applicants who know what they want are applying in October, or December at the latest.

On the other hand, it's highly unlikely that your chances are zero. People are offered scholarships and then wait far too long to reject them. NYU is a popular backup school for hotshots, so they go through their waitlist very quickly once the hotshots have to decide.

Given your sharply diminished but non-zero chances for a named scholarship, you'd almost certainly be better off waiting until next year.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”