Retaking LSAT for the fourth time? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
cannotacan

New

Retaking LSAT for the fourth time?

Post by cannotacan » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:52 am

Any suggestion offered would be appreciated! First time posting here, hope I got the forum right... I'm currently 3.84/160, took my first test in last Sept but canceled, then got 160 for my May test. I was hoping the Oct one would be my final shot since typically my preptests were around 170, although occationally I would drop to somewhere around 160, like one time for my past 10 tests. (I'm an international student, so sometimes I strangely got to a stage where I couldn't understand what the article/question/choice mean, even though I know those vocab. Don't know if it happens with native speakers...And yes that's what happened when I was taking the Oct test...sigh..) Well now the Oct score came out, another 160...So now I'm facing three choices, not taking it and just submit application, taking again in Nov, and taking again in Jan.

If I don't take it, I guess the pro will be that I'll only have three scores and that's probably not TOO much, con will just be less likely to get into better schools.

Take it in Nov might give me a better score, can still apply before the end of Dec, but might have another "unable to read" time and get the same score, and have four LSAT scores for my application.

Take it in Jan gives me longer time to prepare and calm down I suppose lol, but will need to either submit application with an addendum or apply after Dec, and also four LSAT scores of course.

I'm so desperate now... Does T14 law schools care a lot about how many times you take the tests? Please forgive my English if there's any grammar mistakes, and thank you all for possible suggestions.

crazywafflez

Silver

Re: Retaking LSAT for the fourth time?

Post by crazywafflez » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:05 pm

They may look on it negatively; but honestly, they'll look at a 160 on the third try worse than a 169 on the fourth. It is a numbers game. You won't get into any T14 with your comp unless you've got some great soft (URM, Rhodes Scholar, Critically acclaimed actor, etc.).
Is your GPA from an international school (excluding Canada, I think?)? If so, your GPA won't be calculated and you are only working with your LSAT. So your score will be even more vital.
You really need a 166ish with your GPA to climb into the T14. Check out mylsn though. The higher the better.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”