Retake November or Apply Now? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
joeytortellini

New

Retake November or Apply Now?

Post by joeytortellini » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:05 pm

I am a non-URM (4 years work, some resume gaps, but Grad degree in environmental law and policy) with 3.59GPA and 173 LSAT(September score).
The schools I am planning on applying to are: 1)Harvard, 2)Columbia, 3)NYU, 4)UVA, 5)UC Berkeley, 6)Northwestern, 7)Michigan, 8)BU, 9)Lewis and Clark(where I got my grad degree)

I have heard that some admissions officers do not like it when people retake 170 plus scores. I'm at or above the 75th percentile everywhere except Harvard. So I can imagine it looking neurotic to some.

I'm going back and forth in my mind about whether to retake or apply early. I'm considering these factors:
1)Low relative GPA
2)Scholarships-I think I won't get superb offers with current stats. Would like at least a few half tuition or more
3)Character and Fitness issue for marijuana possession(expunged, but I'm disclosing to all).
4)Ability to score higher- I think I can hit at least 175 but will it hurt me if I end up with the same score or lower?
Thanks yall.
Last edited by joeytortellini on Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rc8

New

Re: Retake November or Apply Now?

Post by rc8 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:22 pm

how is 4 year work experience nontraditional?

The average age of many law school applicants at T14 is 25. Your age is right around that ballpark, maybe just 1 year later.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”