Asking to reconsider after denial Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
yenren

New

Asking to reconsider after denial

Post by yenren » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:04 am

So I have a 3.57 GPA. and because of the screw up that was May LSAT-Flex my May score was lower than expected-158, but also higher than what I had previously- 156. The test was under review for a very long time because of connection issues during it, and schools rejected me and didn't wait for the score to come out.
I have three situations: First should I send my new LSAT score to the schools who have rejected me and ask them to take another look at me (if I took the test before I applied)? Should I include my wonky GRE scores (96th percentile in Verbal but a 26th percentile in Quant)?
Secondly I was wait listed at Cardozo and now must write a letter of continued interest. Should i mention my GRE scores? and should i write about my uncle who attended, or would that come off badly?
Thirdly I was accepted to St.Johns without a scholarship when I had a 156, but now I want to ask them to consider my new LSAT score to see if I can get scholarship money. Should I include my GRE scores? ( The only place I sent my GRE scores to was Brooklyn and they offered me a $30,000 scholarship, but they also had my new LSAT score.)

cavalier1138

Re: Asking to reconsider after denial

Post by cavalier1138 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:30 am

You can always ask for reconsideration, but it's unlikely to happen with a 2-point increase in that range. Similarly, include your GRE if you want, but it's probably not going to move the needle.

And to answer the question you didn't ask: Don't go to any of these schools with anything less than a full scholarship.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”