Go to Temple this year or R&R? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
basketweaver

New

Go to Temple this year or R&R?

Post by basketweaver » Fri May 15, 2020 7:33 pm

stats: 3.6 gpa, 156 LSAT, URM (puerto rican), 1st generation, LGBT

Currently deposited at Temple with $$$ (COA 90k)

Goals: work in NYC/DC>Philly/LA. I'd like big law or a clerkship if I can swing it but it's not a necessity at all if I don't have much debt.

I'm considering R&R because while I like Temple I don't "love" it, especially the neighborhood it's in. I also don't love Philly, but it's doable. Lastly, I don't want to start law school online which it's looking like it will be.

My PT were 161-163 while working 50 hours a week. If I did R&R I'd plan to go part-time and really give studying my all this time.

Cons to R&R is putting my life on hold for another year (I'm already 27) and that my Temple scholarship is tempting.

Any advice?

cavalier1138

Re: Go to Temple this year or R&R?

Post by cavalier1138 » Fri May 15, 2020 8:10 pm

basketweaver wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 7:33 pm
Goals: work in NYC/DC>Philly/LA. I'd like big law or a clerkship if I can swing it but it's not a necessity at all if I don't have much debt.
What do you want to do when you can't do biglaw (assume you won't get it out of Temple in this economy)?

basketweaver

New

Post by basketweaver » Fri May 15, 2020 8:18 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 8:10 pm
basketweaver wrote:
What do you want to do when you can't do biglaw (assume you won't get it out of Temple in this economy)?
I'd probably end up working for a smaller firm around Philly making 60k or possibly a city government position. My concern with this is I feel like I'll never make a high salary with this route.

The Lsat Airbender

Gold

Post by The Lsat Airbender » Fri May 15, 2020 9:05 pm

basketweaver wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 8:18 pm
cavalier1138 wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 8:10 pm
basketweaver wrote:
I'd probably end up working for a smaller firm around Philly making 60k or possibly a city government position. My concern with this is I feel like I'll never make a high salary with this route.
It sounds like you wouldn't be happy with what is by far the most likely outcome from Temple. It's not a bad school at that price point, but you, personally, should R&R.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”