How Long Should I Work Before Law School? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
nalls96

New

How Long Should I Work Before Law School?

Post by nalls96 » Wed May 13, 2020 2:52 pm

First Generation Student here (Both in law school and undergrad) I worked full time throughout my undergrad while going to school for 2 Bachelor Degrees. Due to working full time during undergrad, I have less than an ideal GPA for a top law school program (3.5x cumulative and 3.7 major GPA) I know it is not horrible but I am still less than the median at basically every law program. I have been working as a paralegal for the past three years (I just graduated in 2019) Well, I just got a new paralegal job that will partially pay for my law school (but at this point, I do not know how much). Unfortunately, I am not privileged enough to be able to go to law school without working but the work is really flexible and remote so I can manipulate my hours.

Should I continue to work for a few years to create distance for my GPA and work on getting a spectacular LSAT score or does it even matter since it is not a sub 3.0? Thank you!!!

Bronze

Re: How Long Should I Work Before Law School?

Post by 265489164158 » Wed May 13, 2020 3:54 pm

From what I saw in law school, people who worked 2-5 years did well at academically and at OCI. Having some work experience gives you something to talk about when networking and interviewing, which helps you to project more confidence.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”