C&F issues - screwed for T14 and law? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
iwatchedsuitsonce

New

C&F issues - screwed for T14 and law?

Post by iwatchedsuitsonce » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:00 pm

I am KJD and screwed up last semester by cheating on an exam. I got a 0 on the exam but the school didn't put academic misconduct on my transcript. I deserve it. Am I SOL for T14 w/ mid-170s LSAT and 3.9+ GPA? Can I even become a lawyer with this anymore?

The Lsat Airbender

Gold

Re: C&F issues - screwed for T14 and law?

Post by The Lsat Airbender » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:17 pm

Graduate without further incident, spend a few years in the workforce. Contritely and briefly disclose in your app and someone in the T14 will take you. You probably blew your chance at Yale or a full-ride but this is hardly insurmountable.

iwatchedsuitsonce

New

Post by iwatchedsuitsonce » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:30 pm

The Lsat Airbender wrote:Graduate without further incident, spend a few years in the workforce. Contritely and briefly disclose in your app and someone in the T14 will take you. You probably blew your chance at Yale or a full-ride but this is hardly insurmountable.
Thanks for the reply. I've shot myself in the foot for sure, but do you think I could pass the bar even?

The Lsat Airbender

Gold

Post by The Lsat Airbender » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:10 am

You should talk to an actual C&F lawyer in the jurisdiction where you intend to get barred if you want proper advice since this varies by state and can also be very fact-specific.

But if you search around this forum/the Web you'll find plenty of people who have done worse and been admitted. I don't want to downplay how serious this is -- it'll be a red flag for every law school and every state bar -- but a single red flag in a sea of green can be overcome.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”