Clarification Question on LSAC GPA & AP Credits Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Chimera.

New

Clarification Question on LSAC GPA & AP Credits

Post by Chimera. » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:56 pm

Simple question for everyone.

In high school, I took two AP courses and two IB courses which we received letter grades for. These were not contracted through another college or anything, they were AP/IB courses taught by our high school faculty and graded like any other class.

For my undergraduate institution, they took only the national AP and IB test scores and awarded credits, with no university letter grade, only a "T" (transfer).

Will my LSAC GPA include the high school letter grades I received for the classes? If so, how can I determine what grade to base it on if for one of the AP courses I received a B one semester and A the next semester?

Thanks for your help.

cavalier1138

Re: Clarification Question on LSAC GPA & AP Credits

Post by cavalier1138 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:14 pm

If your college didn't record the grade, then it'll be treated as credit/no-credit by LSAC. They only look at college transcripts.

Chimera.

New

Re: Clarification Question on LSAC GPA & AP Credits

Post by Chimera. » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:19 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:If your college didn't record the grade, then it'll be treated as credit/no-credit by LSAC. They only look at college transcripts.
Thanks for the quick response. Two follow-ups.

1) LSAC website says law schools require transcripts from "institutions from which you took college-level courses while in high school even though they were for high school credit." In this case, "institutions" does not include high-schools, correct? So I will not be sending my high-school transcript to LSAC?

2) In my case, the four national exams being recorded as "T" for transfer credit by UG, this will be treated as credit but not factored into the LSAC GPA, correct?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”