Senior Year Grades: How Important? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
DetroitVSEverybody

New

Senior Year Grades: How Important?

Post by DetroitVSEverybody » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:13 am

I was on the pre-health track (biology major) until pretty recently, and am taking my LSAT in January. My GPA is currently a 3.58, but after this past semester, it may go down about 0.1 (to a 3.4 something). I sent in my transcripts with my grades up to present (with the 3.58 GPA). If I don't send updated transcripts to my school until after I get my decisions (unless they request them of course), do you think they might revoke any of my offers after they see the 3.4 (when I graduate and final grades are sent)? I don't think it's too drastic of a drop; I didn't fail any classes (some B's and one C+) and don't intend to next semester either. However, I just want to get feedback on how cases like such are handled. Please advise!

QContinuum

Re: Senior Year Grades: How Important?

Post by QContinuum » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:33 pm

No, you won't have any offers rescinded because your GPA fell from 3.58 to 3.48.

hookem7

Bronze

Re: Senior Year Grades: How Important?

Post by hookem7 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:45 pm

I had a similar worry about this issue - GPA dropping 0.1 or so after fall senior year grades and after I had applied - and it wasn't an issue. None of the schools I applied to even asked for updated transcripts. When I "sent in" (aka walked across campus) final transcripts, nobody said anything to me.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”