Is there any point in retaking the LSAT next June to increase my chance of getting of the waitlists? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
fatfat

New

Is there any point in retaking the LSAT next June to increase my chance of getting of the waitlists?

Post by fatfat » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:56 pm

uGPA 3.90

best LSAT 166 (took it seven times. each score in chronological order: 157, canceled, 163, 166, canceled, 166, not yet released)

highest goal: Cornell law school

very weak soft

don't care about the scholarship at all; full ride vs. paying sticker has a negligible difference to me.

I, unfortunately, run out of the three takes limit in this testing year. This is my third admission cycle, as I keep retaking and reapplying. The soonest possible test for me is June 3rd, 2020.

My question is:

is there any point in retaking the LSAT next June to fight for a chance of getting off the waitlists if I hope to start school in fall 2020?

Thank you so much.

LSATWiz.com

Silver

Re: Is there any point in retaking the LSAT next June to increase my chance of getting of the waitlists?

Post by LSATWiz.com » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:22 pm

Yes but you may get more bang for your buck sitting out a year. Its value at a given school in June will be greatest for a school that's target LSAT/GPA median hasn't been met and where you'd bring up one # without bringing down the other. This could be Cornell but could be another school.

fatfat

New

Re: Is there any point in retaking the LSAT next June to increase my chance of getting of the waitlists?

Post by fatfat » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:10 pm

LSATWiz.com wrote:Yes but you may get more bang for your buck sitting out a year. Its value at a given school in June will be greatest for a school that's target LSAT/GPA median hasn't been met and where you'd bring up one # without bringing down the other. This could be Cornell but could be another school.
Thank you so much. Do you think it's wise to keep reapplying?
My case is a bit different than others as I took the LSAT 7 times, did 120 timed PTs, and studied for 2,575 hours (8-month part-time study and 16-month full-time study). I realized that I studied more than most others but I scored lower than others. I hope to reach 168.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”