Washington University in St. Louis Interview Prep Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
HopefulSplitter0000

Bronze

Washington University in St. Louis Interview Prep

Post by HopefulSplitter0000 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:35 am

I was invited to interview with Washington University in St. Louis. I'm really excited, and I have already begun preparing for the following questions:

1. Why do you want to become an attorney? Why now?
2. Why did you apply to our school?
3. What is your current profession? How do you enjoy it?
4. If you like your job, why law? (seems repetitive, but still possible)
5. What area of law do you want to study?
6. How have you begun preparing for law school?

Are there any other questions I should consider?

Also, can I speak candidly about not yet knowing which area of law I will like most? Several members of my family worked in litigation (white collar, securities, etc.), so that is the area I am most familiar with. However, I am open to exploring other areas, especially tax and bankruptcy, since I have know folks who enjoy doing both (though not in biglaw). Would it be fine to give this as my answer?

acr

Silver

Re: Washington University in St. Louis Interview Prep

Post by acr » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:01 pm

enz2103 wrote:I was invited to interview with Washington University in St. Louis. I'm really excited, and I have already begun preparing for the following questions:

Also, can I speak candidly about not yet knowing which area of law I will like most? Several members of my family worked in litigation (white collar, securities, etc.), so that is the area I am most familiar with. However, I am open to exploring other areas, especially tax and bankruptcy, since I have know folks who enjoy doing both (though not in biglaw). Would it be fine to give this as my answer?
This is overkill. I wouldn't even call the Wash U screening phone call an "interview." It's more like a conversation with someone from the school to ensure that you're not crazy/dangerous haha. They asked me one very basic question, didn't even seem to care about the answer, then proceeded to spend the next 5 minutes telling me about how great the school is.

BobLoblaw18

New

Re: Washington University in St. Louis Interview Prep

Post by BobLoblaw18 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:08 am

enz2103 wrote:I was invited to interview with Washington University in St. Louis. I'm really excited, and I have already begun preparing for the following questions:

Current WashU law student here. Echoing the comments of the person above me, I can say with 100% certainty that they don't care about these things. The interview is a relaxed screener-type of interview. The only questions they'll probably ask are why law and have you been to St. Louis before.

Congrats on a good LSAT score! (That's what matters for WashU)

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”