Paper Test Score Release Dates Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Dipsychus

New

Paper Test Score Release Dates

Post by Dipsychus » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:44 am

If the LSAT is taken outside the US or Canada, it is often administered the “old-fashioned” way, by paper. (I don’t even know whether the Writing Test will also be on paper — I rather doubt it, since there’s the problem of transcription.)

Does anyone have experience with this scenario? Paper testing and outside the US/Canada? Is there a substantial lag, both in electronic notification to the test-taker and in sending in the scores to schools?

HopefulSplitter0000

Bronze

Re: Paper Test Score Release Dates

Post by HopefulSplitter0000 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:33 am

I took the paper exam in Guangzhou, China. The following information is based on my experience and that of other folks I took the exam with:

There is almost no difference in terms of when you will get your score; scores take about three weeks to come out for most test takers. You will receive a predicted release date after you have taken the exam though (maybe before).

The written portion of the exam is now distributed digitally via LSAC's website. You download proctoring software, which is software that uses your computer's camera to record you and make sure you're not cheating, and then you type the written portion with the software active. I believe the software can also check what pages you have open to prevent you from using external sources, but I'm not sure.

Dipsychus

New

Re: Paper Test Score Release Dates

Post by Dipsychus » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:27 am

Thank you!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”